13/14 Premier League Football Discussion

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3-0 win for the Gunners against Sturm Graz in the pre-season warm-up. Hopefully off to Emirates cup next weekend and my new shirt should be here before then. New season is almost here!!

even though it looks like my fabregas jersey will safe for another year, i want to get a new one but don't know who to get?

who would you get?

van persie will be hurt half the season as usual so that makes me not want to get him.

the other ones i was thinking of were: varmaelen, song, arshavin or maybe walcott.

part of me wants to take the chance and get chamakh because i think he's going to be good.

or did you hear arsene is trying to get this guy remy they are calling one of the best french scorers since henry was in his prime.

if that deal goes through that one would be tempting.

3-0 win for the Gunners against Sturm Graz in the pre-season warm-up. Hopefully off to Emirates cup next weekend and my new shirt should be here before then. New season is almost here!!

even though it looks like my fabregas jersey will safe for another year, i want to get a new one but don't know who to get?

who would you get?

van persie will be hurt half the season as usual so that makes me not want to get him.

the other ones i was thinking of were: varmaelen, song, arshavin or maybe walcott.

part of me wants to take the chance and get chamakh because i think he's going to be good.

or did you hear arsene is trying to get this guy remy they are calling one of the best french scorers since henry was in his prime.

Ramsay!

Or Van Persie or for a bit of fun Eboue!

who would you get?

Ramsay!

Or Van Persie or for a bit of fun Eboue!

like ramsay is going to play at all this season after shattering his ankle earlier this year.

and van persie will miss at least 20 games, because well he's robin van persie who can't stay healthy.

and i'm sure that won't change this season because he's probably exhausted since he hasn't had a break because of the world cup.

• 2 weeks later...

I love how Chivas beat out Man U the other day, but I don't love what this potentially means when Chivas arrives in Santiago for the second leg of the Copa Libertadores Semifinals against La U tomorrow.

Also happy that Arsenal were [barely] able to retain their Emirates Cup title this weekend.

Also happy that Arsenal were [barely] able to retain their Emirates Cup title this weekend.

haha c'mon man, it's a pre-season friendly tournament, the ground was about half full and they entire team was subbed at half time. It's literally nothing more than a training session that gets shown on TV...

Still, they won it didn't they?

Fabregas is staying, this has made my day. He'll be off next summer i'm sure but this is awesome news. Real and Barca get away with murder when it comes to tapping up players and attempting to ruin players' relationships with their current clubs and fans in order to get them to leave.

I'm shocked he didn't go to Barcelona. So weird. He even said it was the best move for him.

He said in his statement that it was tempting. It would have been a good move if he wanted to win trophies from the bench but realistically he would have a couple of years to play out before he was a regular first team choice. Barca have no money, they can't expect to get a player of that quality for €28 million because he came from their youth program. The way they went about it was disgraceful, though and FIFA should punish them. But they won't.

Why was it disgraceful? They made offers, arsenal declined, end of story , unless I'm missing something, which I might be.

All throughout the process they were tapping him up. Using the press to spread rumours about his desire to move, having players say they expect him to join etc all to destabilise his position at arsenal, to get fans to dislike him and such so they can more easily take an unsettled player off their hands. This shit is illegal behind closed doors when it comes to transfers but barca did it in public and FIFA still hasn't said a word...

• 2 weeks later...

Typical Spurs, fucking up on Tuesday night against the Young Boys but hopefully we can do them at the lane next week. My manager offered me a ticket but alas, I am not financially stable enough to take him up on his offer, so I'll be watching the game's minute by minute updates on my Sky Sports Football app. Ho hum.