13/14 Premier League Football Discussion

Pretty soft penalty to give Man. City the winner over Everton this weekend. City is the worst.

Shoddy officiating all around really but Everton didn't really do themselves any favors on the attack.

Everton are just slightly disappointing me this year. I thought this was their chance to fly up the table as its a weak premiership, they don't seem to be taking their chance.

Still think they'll come good and be back up in Europe spots by the end of the season though.

I hope so. I was hopeful (maybe foolishly optimistic) that they had a shot at cracking the top 4 this year. Lot of games left but their performance so far doesn't give me much hope. Kind of mix up at the top of the standings now though so who knows. 

I pull for Fulham too but haven't really followed them too much since relegation, it is tricky with basic cable. I am kind of pumped they went down though as it gives Emerson Hyndman some minutes and I've hoping he might be able to develop into the number 10 the USMNT is missing. So... silver lining of sorts. For me, not for regular Fulham fans. 

Anyone see Ramsey's goal? Fuck me, that was incredible. Lamela can have his little rabona, this was a proper screamer!

Yea, I watched the game. I was amazed with Podolski's first goal but then ramsey scored that screamer, what an insane goal. Definitely the best goal in CHL this season. Yea, Lamela's rabona goal can go home. Everything was sick about how he pulled this off. It was his left food and the fact he could hold that volley down from such a distance and with so much power. Insane, and it wasn't even like he came from the perfect position to hit a volly like that...I think Sanago's reaction tells the whole story https://vine.co/v/OrxHlIbx5Q1

I wished he would score screamers like that in PRL instead of a game like this where it doesn't really matter...but I hope this could be the turning point. We could use a revival of the welsh jesus. 

Yea, I watched the game. I was amazed with Podolski's first goal but then ramsey scored that screamer, what an insane goal. Definitely the best goal in CHL this season. Yea, Lamela's rabona goal can go home. Everything was sick about how he pulled this off. It was his left food and the fact he could hold that volley down from such a distance and with so much power. Insane, and it wasn't even like he came from the perfect position to hit a volly like that...I think Sanago's reaction tells the whole story https://vine.co/v/OrxHlIbx5Q1

I wished he would score screamers like that in PRL instead of a game like this where it doesn't really matter...but I hope this could be the turning point. We could use a revival of the welsh jesus. 

I'm hoping your revival just holds off until after our game at the weekend.

I like Arsenal though a lot more compared to the rest of the 'big clubs' in the Prem. I hope you get back up there and keep Liverpool and Spurs away.

I'm hoping your revival just holds off until after our game at the weekend.

I like Arsenal though a lot more compared to the rest of the 'big clubs' in the Prem. I hope you get back up there and keep Liverpool and Spurs away.

Newcastle Fan I reckon? Glad you guys manage to bring Chelsea down to the earth again. It had really hurt my soul if that time would come anywhere close to the invincibles record...I feel like it's really hard to say how Arsenal will play like in the weekend, they've played like shit in most of the games this season but we have been without Koscielny and he should be back now, and I think that will make a huge impact if he can stay fit. Also, Sanchez has been rested now so hopefully he got a lot of energy for the game this weekend and when he is on the pitch then anything can happens. I don't dare to think where Arsenal would had been in the table without him this season.

We shall see how it will go. I just hope it will be a fun game. 

Hahah yea, I hope so as well, but doesn't seem like Arsenal need to do that much to keep Spurs and Liverpool away since they're doing a damn fine job themselves when it comes to that. 

Newcastle Fan I reckon? Glad you guys manage to bring Chelsea down to the earth again. It had really hurt my soul if that time would come anywhere close to the invincibles record...I feel like it's really hard to say how Arsenal will play like in the weekend, they've played like shit in most of the games this season but we have been without Koscielny and he should be back now, and I think that will make a huge impact if he can stay fit. Also, Sanchez has been rested now so hopefully he got a lot of energy for the game this weekend and when he is on the pitch then anything can happens. I don't dare to think where Arsenal would had been in the table without him this season.

We shall see how it will go. I just hope it will be a fun game. 

Hahah yea, I hope so as well, but doesn't seem like Arsenal need to do that much to keep Spurs and Liverpool away since they're doing a damn fine job themselves when it comes to that. 

I am indeed. We have a good record against all the big clubs (especially Chelsea) other than you guys. You destroy us every time.

Very impressed with Sanchez though, absolutle solid buy. What do you think of all the abuse Wenger is getting? Agree and want him gone or think it's harsh?

I am indeed. We have a good record against all the big clubs (especially Chelsea) other than you guys. You destroy us every time.

Very impressed with Sanchez though, absolutle solid buy. What do you think of all the abuse Wenger is getting? Agree and want him gone or think it's harsh?

Well Arsenal usually plays a good game against Newcastle, but I always fear them though, I think they've a great team and it's never gonna be an easy task....also, I will never ever forget that 4-4 game. 

I think the abuse he is getting is a bit over the top. He did not deserve that abuse he got in the subway after the Stoke game. I still respect the man and everything he has done for Arsenal...with that being said then I think it's time for some new blood, since I think Wenger keeps making the same mistakes over and over again and he never ever has a plan B if things are not working. I think when this season is over then Arsenal should look for a new manager, but it won't exactly be easy to find one can replace him though. One of my favorites would be Jürgen Klopp.

Well Arsenal usually plays a good game against Newcastle, but I always fear them though, I think they've a great team and it's never gonna be an easy task....also, I will never ever forget that 4-4 game. 

I think the abuse he is getting is a bit over the top. He did not deserve that abuse he got in the subway after the Stoke game. I still respect the man and everything he has done for Arsenal...with that being said then I think it's time for some new blood, since I think Wenger keeps making the same mistakes over and over again and he never ever has a plan B if things are not working. I think when this season is over then Arsenal should look for a new manager, but it won't exactly be easy to find one can replace him though. One of my favorites would be Jürgen Klopp.

tumblr_mq7du6pSHn1rhg8bdo1_400.gif

TIOOOTTEEEEEEEE.

One of my favourite moments under Pardew. Incredible.

But yeah Wenger is a funny one. Recently we've been slated by the press for wanting Pardew out but it's fustrating knowing that change needs to happen and the tactics he's playing is wrong. Pardews corrected that for the last few weeks but I can see how you feel. I think Wenger has taken you as far as he can and you'll never be better than 4th/3rd under him again.

It's also a case of be careful what you wish for. If you get the wrong guy in and you don't get champions league for a season or two, it could all fall apart quite fast. Look at what almost happened to Man U (although LVG seems to be turning it back around recently).

tumblr_mq7du6pSHn1rhg8bdo1_400.gif

TIOOOTTEEEEEEEE.

One of my favourite moments under Pardew. Incredible.

But yeah Wenger is a funny one. Recently we've been slated by the press for wanting Pardew out but it's fustrating knowing that change needs to happen and the tactics he's playing is wrong. Pardews corrected that for the last few weeks but I can see how you feel. I think Wenger has taken you as far as he can and you'll never be better than 4th/3rd under him again.

It's also a case of be careful what you wish for. If you get the wrong guy in and you don't get champions league for a season or two, it could all fall apart quite fast. Look at what almost happened to Man U (although LVG seems to be turning it back around recently).

Tiote is always such a beast against Arsenal. He always brings trouble xD 

I think it's the same case with Wenger. He has been using the wrong tactics for so long. I think e.g. Özil has been used wrongly for so damn long and this is also a reason for why he is not performing well. Anyways there is also the whole talk about injury. It's insane the amount of injuries Arsenal have each season, of course this might not be Wenger's fault, but I think he is too blame for us never having a good replacement if one player in the defense line gets injured. It's of course hard to perform well when big players like Koscielny, Özil and Walcott have been out the whole autumn...but damn it, it would help a bit if we had proper replacements for our defense. I mean ffs, we've played Monreal in the central defense for a few games. Not to mention we've been without a decent DM for a long time now and it should be easy for everyone to see that we need a good DM to help out the defense...I think stuff like that falls back on the manager. That's my feeling as well that we will never do better than 3rd or 4th nowadays under wenger. 

Anyways, definitely true that the right guy is needed to take over otherwise the whole ship can sink, I think that's often something the harsh wenger critics forget.  

Tiote is always such a beast against Arsenal. He always brings trouble xD 

I think it's the same case with Wenger. He has been using the wrong tactics for so long. I think e.g. Özil has been used wrongly for so damn long and this is also a reason for why he is not performing well. Anyways there is also the whole talk about injury. It's insane the amount of injuries Arsenal have each season, of course this might not be Wenger's fault, but I think he is too blame for us never having a good replacement if one player in the defense line gets injured. It's of course hard to perform well when big players like Koscielny, Özil and Walcott have been out the whole autumn...but damn it, it would help a bit if we had proper replacements for our defense. I mean ffs, we've played Monreal in the central defense for a few games. Not to mention we've been without a decent DM for a long time now and it should be easy for everyone to see that we need a good DM to help out the defense...I think stuff like that falls back on the manager. That's my feeling as well that we will never do better than 3rd or 4th nowadays under wenger. 

Anyways, definitely true that the right guy is needed to take over otherwise the whole ship can sink, I think that's often something the harsh wenger critics forget.  

He's seriously underperforming for us at the moment so I can't see him having a good game next weekend. Saying that, I really think you guys should move for him. There aren't many defensive mids who only job is to sit and protect the defence, I think he's exactly what you need.

But yeah all this is identical to Pardew. Unless you're a fan of the club and watch them week in and week out, it's hard to understand why you want them out. The media watch a few highlights and then call you fickle for wanting a manager out that brought you success once in the past. Like I said, after this weekend I hope it works out for you as you're one of the few big clubs I can stand.

• 3 weeks later...