Do we really need five stickied sports threads?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be fine with unsticky-ing the sports threads once we reach off-season. I don't mind a new NHL thread, for example, for every new season.

this.

and yes, I think the sports threads SHOULD be stickied. I'd rather have 5 stickied threads at the top about each sport than have 5093467502957 million individual threads pop up about every little thing in the sports.

I don't think so. There's many other threads that should be stickied before them.

Totally opinion. If anything I just say tell people to use bookmarks and sticky nothing other than the rules and regs. You can't selectively sticky based on a single person's personality.

All that said, I have yet to see any other thread than boobies generate 100+ pages like the NHL thread so its one of the most used threads here. I don't see how you can argue its inappropriately stuck. Same for the baseball one. Its a huge page count and its baseball season. Lastly, NFL season is set to begin and soccer/football is the most watched/cared about sport in the world outside the states.

I'd be fine with unsticky-ing the sports threads once we reach off-season. I don't mind a new NHL thread, for example, for every new season.

this.

and yes, I think the sports threads SHOULD be stickied. I'd rather have 5 stickied threads at the top about each sport than have 5093467502957 million individual threads pop up about every little thing in the sports.

What makes the sports threads more important than "+/- your day" or "post a picture of yourself"? They aren't stickied, and people manage to find them every time they feel the need to contribute. (They also appeal to a much broader audience, rather than a handful of people like the sports threads)

I don't think so. There's many other threads that should be stickied before them.

Totally opinion. If anything I just say tell people to use bookmarks and sticky nothing other than the rules and regs. You can't selectively sticky based on a single person's personality.

All that said, I have yet to see any other thread than boobies generate 100+ pages like the NHL thread so its one of the most used threads here. I don't see how you can argue its inappropriately stuck. Same for the baseball one. Its a huge page count and its baseball season. Lastly, NFL season is set to begin and soccer/football is the most watched/cared about sport in the world outside the states.

This whole discussion is opinion. There is no right or wrong answer.

I agree 100% with not stickying any of them, and just using bookmarks (this is what I do). But if we're gonna sticky anything, I don't feel the sports threads are what should be (let alone the only thing to be).

You have your opinion, and I have mine.

I think the hockey thread, at 155 pages has proven itself.

and with the season coming up quickly, it's only going to get larger.

I believe baseball is also at 100+?

Basketball doesn't seem to get as much attention/doesn't seem to be too many die hard basketball fans on here.

I am all for fresh threads for new

seasons and offseasons. New thread on each sports first reg season game is cool.

With them stickied you eliminate seperate threads popping up where half of the posts would be

"use this thread"

IMO sports threads can take over boards, so a big one that is always up top is beneficial to everyone involved

There are seven threads with higher reply counts than the NFL thread and 10 higher than the NBA thread.

None of the sports threads (not even combined) have more replies than the "+/-" thread.

In terms of viewcount, there are five threads with more views than NHL, six more than MLB, 16 more than NFL and 24 more than NBA.

None of the threads with greater replies/viewcount are stickied. Stickying should be reserved for threads that are of utmost importance to the board itself (i.e., rules and regulations). Not all of us like sports, so why should we have to see nearly a half-dozen sports threads pinned year 'round?

Really, nothing should be stickied except for the board rules -- and maybe the Ice Nine Kills thread, just for historical reasons:

http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5624

Guest goooglemyass
leave it to a fat ass to want to get rid of anything to do with sports, athletics, or any sort of physical activity.

you don't have 1000 posts, your posts will be ignored until youve broken the 1000 mark.

you have negative karma, not just negative karma but negative karma over 100. i think you've pissed enough people off that no one cares what you have to say.