Best sitcom of the past 10 years?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but only because Friends doesn't really count in the last ten years, even though it only ended in 2004. I will always love that series and my wife for getting me into it. There was an honestly brilliant writing crew behind that show. i defy anyone to watch the prom episode and not get misty.

loki, your credibility just went in the toilet. ;)

Standing the test of time and the show getting canceled are two different things.

This.

The Family Guy got cancelled on two separate occasions: first in 2000 and again in 2002. DVD sales and rerun viewership on Adult Swim convinced Fox to bring the show back for good in 2005.

Standing the test of time is very different indeed.

ok, it stood the test of time. i like it and it was taken down six years ago. but we never got more than two and a half seasons so it fails in the category of "best sitcom of the 2000's", at least to me. had we got a few more seasons or if it was "best sitcom of the 2000's even though it got cancelled" or "best sitcom for a few years of the 2000's" i would have chosen AD but it wasnt so in my opinion the office wins.

While I would have liked more seasons of Arrested Development I don't see what the big deal is that it only lasted for three seasons. It told a cohesive story and the story had a definite ending. Just because a show lasts a few seasons longer doesn't mean it is better quality.

Also, as much as I love Futurama I would definitely not consider it a sitcom.

IMO:

30 Rock-demented and funny, but by no means the best show I've seen in the past decade

Arrested Development - pure genius, this is who I cast my vote for

Curb Your Enthusiasm - funny, but excruciatingly painful to watch sometimes. It's like Seinfeld but with no likeable characters to balance out the annoying characters

Futurama not a "sit-com" per se.

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia - haven't watched this fully yet, but what i have i have liked a lot...but not on the level of AD

The Office runner up contender

The Simpsons not really a "sit-com" also...and yeah, hasn't been good in years, though the movie was rather funny.