Best sitcom of the past 10 years?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but only because Friends doesn't really count in the last ten years, even though it only ended in 2004. I will always love that series and my wife for getting me into it. There was an honestly brilliant writing crew behind that show. i defy anyone to watch the prom episode and not get misty.

loki, your credibility just went in the toilet. ;)

It's all good. I was a long time hater of the show until I sat down and watched it in order w/ my wife after my folks got her the complete series on DVD for Christmas one year. Plus every chick in that show has pokies like ever episode. I'm down.

I knew AD would run away with this, I was just curious as to how big the margin is. I'm also quite shocked that 11 people voted for The Office but only 1 has voted for 30 Rock because, in my opinion at least, 30 Rock is a far more consistently hilarious show.

I still stand by The Simpsons and Futurama being sitcoms. The definition of sitcom is, "a radio or television comedy series that involves a continuing cast of characters in a succession of episodes." You can't really tell me those shows don't match that description, animated or not. There is a wide umbrella that encapsulates sitcoms, Curb Your Enthusiasm, 30 Rock, and Sunny are all very different shows but they're all sitcoms.

loki, your credibility just went in the toilet. ;)

It's all good. I was a long time hater of the show until I sat down and watched it in order w/ my wife after my folks got her the complete series on DVD for Christmas one year. Plus every chick in that show has pokies like ever episode. I'm down.

ha this is awesome. my wife also got me into it and that is what we watch before we go to bed. one time i had a dream where i had a threesome with phoebe and rachel..........it was glorious.

i picked arrested developement

You know, I absolutely despised the American Office after watching the first 2 episodes...but recently I've been watching some of the later seasons and it's actually pretty great.

I'm eating my own words.

having seen the US office first, i just felt ashamed while watching the OG office. clearly they're two different shows, but when the US version completely remakes the UK version, it's just bad. i feel like the office really found its groove on the second season. i didn't like the third season, but i enjoyed the fifth season. either way, it's totally understandable as to why you'd hate it at first. if i was in your position, having only seen the first two episodes, i'd hate it too.

i haven't voted. i really like Sunny and AD is really good, too. i didn't like the third season of AD, though.

scrubs
but only because Friends doesn't really count
Is Entourage a sitcom? Cos that would get my vote.
Also Does Two and a Half Men not count?

What the fuck is wrong with you people?!?!??

I voted for AD, but if 30 Rock stays as consistently funny this season as the last 3, I can see it being my favorite. I think The Office got more votes because people who would've voted for 30 Rock voted for AD instead, whereas the Office has a way broader audience.

Also, I don't see The Cleveland Show on this list. WTF