Stupid Question( HDMI Content)

The HDMI cables will display a full 1080P display, as long as that is the resolution that is being broadcast by the HD channel that you are watching.

If I am not wrong, most HD channels broadcast in 760p right now.

either way, if you hook up your cable receiver to the HDMI port, you will get whatever the best resolution that is being broadcast

I can see that happening if you constantly unplug it, but mine has never been unplugged from the back of the TV, only from my xbox.

I don't mean to threadjack, but I just got a 42" TV and hooked up my 360 through the HDMI cable. Isn't it glorious?!

gaming is not the same after going from an HD setup back to a standard TV setup. my jaw dropped the first time i hooked up my PS3, i expected it to be good, but not that good.

I highly recommend a 90* adaptor. It might not make sense now but when you plug the cables in you'll see how plugging them straight in (the way the TV is designed) could potentially damage the HDMI port in the TV.

http://www.meritline.com/90-degree-hdmi-male-to-female-adapter---p-33518.aspx

I just want to say your avatar rules. No one remembers that show. I used to watch it every day

Blue skies, Barfie brugers, GIRLS!

I highly recommend a 90* adaptor. It might not make sense now but when you plug the cables in you'll see how plugging them straight in (the way the TV is designed) could potentially damage the HDMI port in the TV.

http://www.meritline.com/90-degree-hdmi-male-to-female-adapter---p-33518.aspx

I just want to say your avatar rules. No one remembers that show. I used to watch it every day

Blue skies, Barfie brugers, GIRLS!

The show was great. I wonder if I can find episodes online?