TV, Home Theater, Gaming, etc Set-ups

thomas

I'd love to own the Star Wars Trilogy on laser disc. How do laser disc look these days? I tried watching a VHS last week and you could tell the resolution was super low, and I think LD use the same resolution as VHS.

To be honest, I can't tell a difference, but I don't have a huge flat screen or an Blu Ray or whatever. It's not like I'm watching it going "This looks like shit." We got the Star Wars and Star Trek and some others from my girlfriends uncle who passed away, as well as the laserdisc player. I enjoy them because I can get good movies for cheap.

I'd love to own the Star Wars Trilogy on laser disc. How do laser disc look these days? I tried watching a VHS last week and you could tell the resolution was super low, and I think LD use the same resolution as VHS.

To be honest, I can't tell a difference, but I don't have a huge flat screen or an Blu Ray or whatever. It's not like I'm watching it going "This looks like shit." We got the Star Wars and Star Trek and some others from my girlfriends uncle who passed away, as well as the laserdisc player. I enjoy them because I can get good movies for cheap.

for the most part they look about the same as vhs

only difference being the image is alot more stable because its coming from a digital source instead of a tape

So I need some advice.

I want a new TV, but I want to try and spend under $1,000. My couch is roughly 8 feet from my TV.

Since I'm on a budget, I'm looking at Vizios. They're not Samsung, but they get great reviews. Two of my friends have them and they love them. I'm thinking of buying at Walmart (I know), because their return policy is very flexible and they have a solid deal on two sets I'm looking at.

Another thing to note, I currently have a 32" HDTV and while it's small in the living room, it's not terrible (it'll be moved to my bedroom). My surround sound died and it's not that big of a deal to buy a new one due to limited space in my living room.

Ok, with that being said, here is what I'm looking at:

There is this 47" TV for about $1100 -- I'm looking at close to $1200 after PA sales tax.

According to this thread/ad there will be a 42" TV bundle on sale this weekend for $800. The bundle includes a soundbar, mount, and HDMI cable. I don't need the mount/cable, so I could probably return them to the store for credit (and put it towards Beatles Rock Band).

Should I be the smart shopper or compensate my small height in a bigger TV?

So I need some advice.

I want a new TV, but I want to try and spend under $1,000. My couch is roughly 8 feet from my TV.

Since I'm on a budget, I'm looking at Vizios. They're not Samsung, but they get great reviews. Two of my friends have them and they love them. I'm thinking of buying at Walmart (I know), because their return policy is very flexible and they have a solid deal on two sets I'm looking at.

Another thing to note, I currently have a 32" HDTV and while it's small in the living room, it's not terrible (it'll be moved to my bedroom). My surround sound died and it's not that big of a deal to buy a new one due to limited space in my living room.

Ok, with that being said, here is what I'm looking at:

There is this 47" TV for about $1100 -- I'm looking at close to $1200 after PA sales tax.

According to this thread/ad there will be a 42" TV bundle on sale this weekend for $800. The bundle includes a soundbar, mount, and HDMI cable. I don't need the mount/cable, so I could probably return them to the store for credit (and put it towards Beatles Rock Band).

Should I be the smart shopper or compensate my small height in a bigger TV?

Check out the selection at TigerDirect.com. Good deals, cheap shipping and no tax. They even have good deals on refurbs if you feel comfortable doing that.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_tlc.asp?CatId=3647