ok i'm officially nuts now. (puppy content)

flood

my sister brings a dog back from south america every trip she takes down there... shes gave my parents a coy dog from chile, and shes got some sort of sheep dog from peru.. one was a street dog, the other she bought from a street vendor for like 25 cents.

and they both speak spanish.

pit bulls are generally the most friendly dogs towards people believe it or not. my labs lose their shit and growl at strangers... all the pits i've had will stand their wagging their tails and bouncing around when strangers come in the house.

on the positive side... this is the first dog i've ever owned personally that wasn't abused before i got them (she literally took him from a soldier who was shipping off and was going to have to surrender her to a rescue because he couldn't get anyone to watch her while he was overseas) so it'll be nice to not have to deprogram her.... the two labs were both abused and then abandoned when katrina hit... and sadly they're both racist as all hell... and the other pit was just a puppy, but was already being starved to be trained as a fighter.

i miss my dogs. i really wish i had a house so i could get a puppy and train him/her. i so want a bull mastiff or a german shepherd

Shit. You don't mess around. You'd certainly need a house/lots of land for big dogs like that...both of which are great breeds. I've been on a huge German Shepherd kick lately, but once we buy a house my wife has her heart set on a St. Bernard (can't blame her, her parents have had two and they are awesome times 1,000), so I'll likely have to wait since both would be way too much dog to handle.

i miss my dogs. i really wish i had a house so i could get a puppy and train him/her. i so want a bull mastiff or a german shepherd

Shit. You don't mess around. You'd certainly need a house/lots of land for big dogs like that...both of which are great breeds. I've been on a huge German Shepherd kick lately, but once we buy a house my wife has her heart set on a St. Bernard (can't blame her, her parents have had two and they are awesome times 1,000), so I'll likely have to wait since both would be way too much dog to handle.

well i had two rot /shepherd mix that i trained from puppies. i missed that. i actually trained them well enough that i watched a whole episode of grey's anatomy after setting their food out and they didnt touch it till i told them too. they were very obedient. but for some odd reason only with me. their mom let them do whatever they wanted. she learned the hard way because after i left she couldn't control them and had to take them to obedience school. damn her.