Can someone explain why…

So you make another thread about them asking why everyone talks about them? Including yourself?

I'm not talking about the band, I'm inquiring about people who dislike them and why they keep getting brought up. At least once a week there's an "OMG Brokencyde sux, look at this video" "Holy geez their new album blows". I just don't get it. I stopped caring a long time ago and pretty much avoid this band (not even actively avoid them, I just don't look for them and they don't find me), so how is it other members of this board are inundated with this band?

Guest kissthesharks

Maybe because we have a wide variety of music tastes here, and brokencyde is the one band we can collectively agree to make fun of? That's my guess.

So you make another thread about them asking why everyone talks about them? Including yourself?

I'm not talking about the band, I'm inquiring about people who dislike them and why they keep getting brought up. At least once a week there's an "OMG Brokencyde sux, look at this video" "Holy geez their new album blows". I just don't get it. I stopped caring a long time ago and pretty much avoid this band (not even actively avoid them, I just don't look for them and they don't find me), so how is it other members of this board are inundated with this band?

I agree, I've never found a Brokencyde video on my own and I sure as shit don't go looking for them.

I found them late one drunken night on myspace browsing for chicks :/

Because that's the perfect spot to get some action.

Come on, bro! Hit a fucking bar!

You might not have gotten laid just the same, but at least would have spared yourself some agony ala Brokencyde.

why cruise myspace and not craigslist... from what i hear its easy to pick up chicks there

Because that's the perfect spot to get some action.

Come on, bro! Hit a fucking bar!

You might not have gotten laid just the same, but at least would have spared yourself some agony ala Brokencyde.

why cruise myspace and not craigslist... from what i hear its easy to pick up chicks there

he's been there and done that. (i love you scott)

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

document.write('+':tmh1eiu8]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':tmh1eiu8]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

{

document.write('+':z0zl9slb]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':z0zl9slb]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

I bring this up in every thread about this band that people are perpetuating the hype even with their hatred. There is no such thing as bad publicity and this board gives this band more attention than it deserves.

Oh, and, Dante, I beat you to this point by 2 minutes in the other thread:

It's because of people on message boards like this giving them more exposure than they deserve, whether it's for positive or negative reasons. I've said it before: This is the only place I've heard of Brokencyde. I have never heard of that group outside of this board.

http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36677