Remember Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark...

Fuckin' A! There were stories in those books I wouldn't read because of the illustrations. I have to post pics, but at Best Friends Day last weekend I ran into this girl who had a whole bunch of tattoos from these books. They were killer, I had to compliment her on them. Will post later if the Internet is working at home.

What was the story that went with that last dog monster pic?

I believe the story was, a family was on vacation in Mexico when they find a weird looking dog. They decide to keep it but weird things keep happening with it. When they get back to the U.S. they take it to a vet and find out its a giant mutant rat or something.

Ha....yes I do remember this artwork being supremely fucked up, way more scary than the actual stories.

I do remember one story was about a spider laying eggs under a girls skin and them all hatching....gave me the heebee jeebees!

That was the first one I thought of! Anything having to do with shit being inside someone's body grosses me out more than anything else.

The one that scared me the most was the story of the kids who kept being bad, and everytime they'd come home their mom would plead with them to be good or they'd be sorry...

then one day they came home and their mom packed up and left them with this horrible monster.

I don't know why that one stuck with me so much though.

Ha....yes I do remember this artwork being supremely fucked up, way more scary than the actual stories.

I do remember one story was about a spider laying eggs under a girls skin and them all hatching....gave me the heebee jeebees!

I totally remember this one, and recall it all the time -- the girl thinks she has a pimple on her face, then it grows bigger and bigger, and one day in the shower, POP! Thousands of spider babies.

Still creeps me the fuuuuck out.

Also the little songs they used to have in these things were awesome/creepy!!

I forgot about those! The one about the hearse used to creep me out and I wanna say theres one about your body decomposing or something.

Yep there def was one about you body decomposing I remember it talked about the worms eating you untill you were just bones.