Scott vs. Jason - FIGHT!

mcm1610

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The funny part for me is that it's over some imaginary protocol for reviewing records. I review shit on first listen all the time. Then I listen to it a bunch of times and if my opinion changes, I change the review. But often, it doesn't. I'm sure since I mostly only review indie-rock, none of you are going to get your labia in a bunch over it.

Jesus Fucking Christ, 5 6 pages** because of a review of a shitty fucking band, a fucking war of egos, and fanatical fucking fanboys rimming Scott's and Jason's asses?!!

Get Fucking Real folks.

(And any AP (both) fanboys/lurkers reading this; I'm saying this to you too. Fuck off, the band sucks and always has, blah, blah, blah. There are far fucking better things to fucking argue about. Quit it. Move on. Nothing to see here.)

Besides, both "rags" grow increasingly more fucking irrelevant with the passing of every goddamn day.

** [and yes I realize by posting this I'm adding to the bullshit here]

Jesus Fucking Christ, 5 6 pages** because of a review of a shitty fucking band, a fucking war of egos, and fanatical fucking fanboys rimming Scott's and Jason's asses?!!

Get Fucking Real folks.

(And any AP (both) fanboys/lurkers reading this; I'm saying this to you too. Fuck off, the band sucks and always has, blah, blah, blah. There are far fucking better things to fucking argue about. Quit it. Move on. Nothing to see here.)

Besides, both "rags" grow increasingly more fucking irrelevant with the passing of every goddamn day.

** [and yes I realize by posting this I'm adding to the bullshit here]

Well first off you're a good dude so this is just for good, prudent conversation but how is someone basically panning someone and including slams on their size any different than the homophobia found in oakland's rant with the Dante/Rich thing? To me its the same deal. You can't cry foul on one without crying foul on the other. If Tate wants to call Scott out for being a bad reviewer, fine. However, the minute he took personal shots at what for all intents-and-purposes is a good dude in my experience, that's just uncalled for and total crap.

Sammy,

Thanks for the compliment- same back at you!

I see your line of argument, but I absolutely disagree in every sense. Calling someone "Fat" or "Tonsofun" is Second Grade bullshit that can be easily ignored – and I am positive that Scott, while I have never met/dealt w/ him, is perfectly aware of his weight.

The difference is that Homophobia causes the death of Queers, Trannies, Questioning folk, and basically any "Butch" woman or "Femme" man. The difference is that over half of this fucking country is overweight and it is accepted, while those who identify as Queer, Gay, Lesbian, Dyke, Fag, etc. still pay the price for their burden that they shoulder in this society that STILL FUCKING marginalizes them in almost every part of their life!! THAT DOESN'T FUCKING HAPPEN WITH OVERWEIGHT FOLKS. Cars get fucking bigger, King size beds become California King, Lazy Boys get wider, fast-food gets supersized, 100% processed "food" is sold more cheaply than fresh veggies, pant waists get fucking larger. See what I mean? Our society DOES NOT ACCOMMODATE Homosexuals at fucking all.

I could go on, but I will leave it at this: No one ever got beaten, dragged behind a vehicle and left to die strung up on a fence for being fat. AND that's that Mattress Man.

EDIT:

Matt didn't say anything about size.

+ This. Like I said, I could care less about the Second Grade bullshit - their was plenty of talk on "Absolute Punk" about Scott's review w/o the mention of fat-jokes.

I've meet Scott and he's a really nice dude. I generally like reading his reviews, he presents both good and bad points.

I have not had the pleasure to meet Tate. I feel his reviews are very one sided, positive. If he dosen't like a record I feel like he passes on reviewing it. This whole deal makes him look like a really huge d-bag.

Sammy,

Thanks for the compliment- same back at you!

I see your line of argument, but I absolutely disagree in every sense. Calling someone "Fat" or "Tonsofun" is Second Grade bullshit that can be easily ignored – and I am positive that Scott, while I have never met/dealt w/ him, is perfectly aware of his weight.

The difference is that Homophobia causes the death of Queers, Trannies, Questioning folk, and basically any "Butch" woman or "Femme" man. The difference is that over half of this fucking country is overweight and it is accepted, while those who identify as Queer, Gay, Lesbian, Dyke, Fag, etc. still pay the price for their burden that they shoulder in this society that STILL FUCKING marginalizes them in almost every part of their life!! THAT DOESN'T FUCKING HAPPEN WITH OVERWEIGHT FOLKS. Cars get fucking bigger, King size beds become California King, Lazy Boys get wider, fast-food gets supersized, 100% processed "food" is sold more cheaply than fresh veggies, pant waists get fucking larger. See what I mean? Our society DOES NOT ACCOMMODATE Homosexuals at fucking all.

I could go on, but I will leave it at this: No one ever got beaten, dragged behind a vehicle and left to die strung up on a fence for being fat. AND that's that Mattress Man.

EDIT:

Matt didn't say anything about size.

+ This. Like I said, I could care less about the Second Grade bullshit - their was plenty of talk on "Absolute Punk" about Scott's review w/o the mention of fat-jokes.

Seriously? Even gay people know the difference between the different uses of the term "gay." I wish someone would drag your stupid ass behind a car.

While I don't totally disagree I don't necessary agree either. I don't think society accomodates people who are overweight nearly as much as you make it out to seem. Cars got bigger as a sign of wealth and bling, not people's size. I would say there's a lot of subcutaneous discrimination. People aren't seen as handsome and such which leads all kinds of small things people do in reference to them.

I also think the food thing is a different issue.

I understand where you're coming from in the regard that being overweight is more acceptable but its still not acceptable. That's why Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, the lap band, gyms, and fad diets are all part of our societal stands.

I say discrimination is still discrimination and I would be willing to bet calling someone fat happens as much on a second grade playground as it does in college and beyond.