Scott vs. Jason - FIGHT!

mcm1610

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even the people I love here have lost their minds.

Was oakland's response very mature? no

Was oakland's response referencing something Matt had said (its okay to make fun of over weight people because they don't get drug behind trucks and murdered)? YES! Oakland probably has as much clue about Matt's orientation as I do. Oakland made a crack about Matt's death because he was annoyed with Matt, not because Matt is, isn't, or might be gay. It isn't wishing a hate crime on someone to make a hyperbolic statement on a message board.

Oakland doesn't hate gay people. Oakland's comments in the other thread are a great example of how stupid this place's reactions to things are sometimes. If I make a joke about beating my wife people will laugh, because they understand its a fucking joke and I don't beat my wife. If Oakland makes a spousal abuse joke, involving the common stereotype that abuse happens because the offending party "wastes money" in the other persons eyes, and makes it about a dude its because he hates gay people and not because the joke probably wouldn't work with his wife beating him over ordering too many records. Was it clumsy humor? Yeah! But it wasn't hateful against gay people. Shit of all my friends the only know I know whose been beaten by their significant other is about as flamingly gay as it comes.

People disagreeing with you about whether or not its okay to use the words gay or faggot as another word for bad aren't necessarily homophobic or hateful towards gay people. They could just disagree with you. By blowing your wad over silly arguments like "his joke was about his husband beating him, so obviously it means he hates gay folks!" you make yourself look like a moron and trivialize actual homophobia and hate.

Matt are you actually gay? Outside of Perez Hilton the only people I know who are this insanely reactionary about any and all perceived homosexual slights, real or imaginary, are straight dudes.

Loki, i appreciate the thought that you put into this, but explain to me exactly how Oakland's remarks are in regards to what I said - which you have totally taken waaaay out of context, as I never said it was okay to make fun of obese folk?

My issue is that homophobia continues to get a fucking pass on this fucking board. But because people are 1. in agreement or 2. chicken-shit to call folks out, it keeps going. I don't give a fuck if it was a joke or that bullshit Oakland wrote - it has no fucking place on this board. And that is my fucking opinion. That's my wish - if none else calls it out, everyone assumes it's just fine to make remarks because being "gay" is so fucking funny. The folks who are the real morons are the people who condone this bullshit with their complicit silence. And it doesn't have to be "hateful" to be homophobic. What would be the reaction if Oakland had written Dante's lover was an uppity black woman? Would that be condoned, or would it be considered subconscious racism?

Does it matter what my sexual orientation is in regards to this shit? No fucking way - whether I'm Queer or an Ally, it still reeks.

And Oakland, it doesn't matter if your sexual orientation is Queer or Straight - your not my type, honey. I wouldn't tap your ass with a ten foot pole, so don't worry. And if you are Queer, which would be very interesting and actually not at all that surprising since I know many Queer men who are married (to women) and they spew homophobic remarks cos they are so conflicted and filled with self-hatred - but they are definitely still gonna be at the bath-house Friday night.

Goodnight and Good Fucking Riddance.

Can't wait to meet everyone @ FEST!! WHoooo!!

EDIT: I am talking about the first sentence Oakland wrote.

And, Loki, he didn't "just" cite something I said - he issued a wish that it would happen to my "stupid ass" - and that pretty much sounds like he meant it, given the VERY apparent rage/anger he has for me.

I haven't taken your comments out of context. I've never seen you lose your temper over any other kind of name calling. Tons of shit talking goes on here, but this is the only thing you've ever made a stand on. If everyone's silence here means they agree with Oakland, instead of people just knowing Oakland says outlandish shit to get a rise out of people and ignore him accordingly, than your silence when other people are made fun of means you're okay with everything you don't speak up on.

I explained why I asked your orientation. Most of the gay people I know are incredibly laid back and save their anger for actual threats and attacks, while I've seen a million straight peeps with good intentions take offense for things that aren't actually homophobic, including a classic time where a guy actually called a gay guy a homophobe.

And there are another group of people who use "gay" or "faggot." They're people who simply don't care or put thought into it. Do I think Oakland is thoughtless? Yeah. Do I wish he wouldn't use those words the way he uses them? Fuck yeah. I've told him such. But it doesn't mean he is hateful. It means he's ignorant. You will never convert an ignorant person by screaming at them and calling them names. You've referenced acceptance. I whole heartedly agree. Accept that he's incredibly ignorant on this topic and talk to him about why it bothers you. A million people telling Oakland he sucks wont make him stop. He enjoys pissing people off. Your approach has roots with the angels but it wont change things with him. Find a better route.

Loki, i appreciate the thought that you put into this, but explain to me exactly how Oakland's remarks are in regards to what I said - which you have totally taken waaaay out of context, as I never said it was okay to make fun of obese folk?

My issue is that homophobia continues to get a fucking pass on this fucking board. But because people are 1. in agreement or 2. chicken-shit to call folks out, it keeps going. I don't give a fuck if it was a joke or that bullshit Oakland wrote - it has no fucking place on this board. And that is my fucking opinion. That's my wish - if none else calls it out, everyone assumes it's just fine to make remarks because being "gay" is so fucking funny. The folks who are the real morons are the people who condone this bullshit with their complicit silence. And it doesn't have to be "hateful" to be homophobic. What would be the reaction if Oakland had written Dante's lover was an uppity black woman? Would that be condoned, or would it be considered subconscious racism?

Does it matter what my sexual orientation is in regards to this shit? No fucking way - whether I'm Queer or an Ally, it still reeks.

And Oakland, it doesn't matter if your sexual orientation is Queer or Straight - your not my type, honey. I wouldn't tap your ass with a ten foot pole, so don't worry. And if you are Queer, which would be very interesting and actually not at all that surprising since I know many Queer men who are married (to women) and they spew homophobic remarks cos they are so conflicted and filled with self-hatred - but they are definitely still gonna be at the bath-house Friday night.

Goodnight and Good Fucking Riddance.

Can't wait to meet everyone @ FEST!! WHoooo!!

EDIT: I am talking about the first sentence Oakland wrote.

And, Loki, he didn't "just" cite something I said - he issued a wish that it would happen to my "stupid ass" - and that pretty much sounds like he meant it, given the VERY apparent rage/anger he has for me.

I haven't taken your comments out of context. I've never seen you lose your temper over any other kind of name calling. Tons of shit talking goes on here, but this is the only thing you've ever made a stand on. If everyone's silence here means they agree with Oakland, instead of people just knowing Oakland says outlandish shit to get a rise out of people and ignore him accordingly, than your silence when other people are made fun of means you're okay with everything you don't speak up on.

I explained why I asked your orientation. Most of the gay people I know are incredibly laid back and save their anger for actual threats and attacks, while I've seen a million straight peeps with good intentions take offense for things that aren't actually homophobic, including a classic time where a guy actually called a gay guy a homophobe.

And there are another group of people who use "gay" or "faggot." They're people who simply don't care or put thought into it. Do I think Oakland is thoughtless? Yeah. Do I wish he wouldn't use those words the way he uses them? Fuck yeah. I've told him such. But it doesn't mean he is hateful. It means he's ignorant. You will never convert an ignorant person by screaming at them and calling them names. You've referenced acceptance. I whole heartedly agree. Accept that he's incredibly ignorant on this topic and talk to him about why it bothers you. A million people telling Oakland he sucks wont make him stop. He enjoys pissing people off. Your approach has roots with the angels but it wont change things with him. Find a better route.

PMing you.

In order to take this shit elsewhere. (I was just thinking that Bobby - I wish I had initially taken it off the thread and just addressed Sammy via PM. But I ain't gonna apologize for ruining the "fun"…