myspace

the place that everyone loves to hate

I just noticed that Vinyl Collective has a myspace page (http://myspace.com/vinylcollective), but it hasn't been logged into since December of '06. Anyways, It's always fun to lurk/see who you're talking to, if you're interested, post your myspace URL.

http://myspace.com/cmx

feel free to add me if you wish...

it started out as a joke cause a long time ago i was trying to teach someone how to have a black and white photo and put color on something so i took a picture with sharpies as an example (photos in the myspace somewhere) then people would recognize me and be like i know you on myspace with those sharpies blah blah blah haha if i had a dollar for everyone that either recognized me or asked me how to do it id be rich. its not that hard to do actually as most of you may know. the funniest experience was at highschool graduation (we had quite a hugeee class) soem girl i never saw before in my life was like youre that girl with those sharpies hahaha

i thought it was decent before they added all the stupid apps its now "facespace"

I know it sucks now. I got rid of my myspace specifically because I liked facebook better, and now facebook is like a version of myspace only with even less apps that work. It all went down hill when they started letting middle school kids register. It was awesome when it was just for college students.

Guest Admin

sorry about the vinyl collective myspace. i can't keep up with it and am considering shutting it down in favor of making our suburban home one a suburban home/vinyl collective myspace. there are just not enough time in the day.

my personal one is http://www.myspace.com/virgildickerson

if anyone wants to add me, send me a message. I don't look at my friend requests because i have hundreds of bad bands wanting to be my friends and not enough time to go through them.

I thought bands can't add you anymore? You have to add them, no?

Facebook is awful, it's becoming just as bad as the Myspace cesspool. I only check Facebook once a week, because I cannot deal with being 'poked' or 'bitten by a zombie' -- all of the apps, presents, and other nonsense is ridiculously annoying.

I'm pretty content with Myspace, because I've gotten used to my annoyances. I also installed a few Greasemonkey scripts to eliminate all ads and things I find annoying (ie. that mood thing, transform your pictures notifications, tom's posts, etc...). I also have one that strips everyones pages to look like the default myspace page (e.g. no backgrounds, no music, etc...), it's made using Myspace much more tolerable.

However, both are terrible in their own aspects, their only redeeming qualities is that EVERYONE uses them. Virb is a much better website, taking the best of both -- too bad it's too late to get people to use it.

/rant

I've kept up with a lot of good friends through myspace/facebook that I might have otherwise lost contact with, just because everyone changes their email and screen name, but they always update it on their myspace or facebook, on the other hand, a lot of people I don't like that I am glad to have lost contact with want to keep up with me.

• 4 weeks later...