Windows or Mac?

which do you prefer?

i like them both to be honest. vista didnt impress me at all though. i prefer using windows for certain things and mac for others. i plan to get an imac soon and run windows on it at the same time. mmm new computers excite me...almost as much as new vinyl. i just recently started playing around with idvd and imovie on the mac...pretty sweet

OS X all the way! Got a nice 20" iMac and black Macbook. I've mentioned it before elsewhere but I'm the Campus Rep for Apple at the school I go to, so it's nice to get paid to talk to people about why I like Mac's more than PC's. In fact, if anyone ever has any questions about anything Apple-related, give me a holler, I'd be glad to help!

OS X all the way! Got a nice 20" iMac and black Macbook. I've mentioned it before elsewhere but I'm the Campus Rep for Apple at the school I go to, so it's nice to get paid to talk to people about why I like Mac's more than PC's. In fact, if anyone ever has any questions about anything Apple-related, give me a holler, I'd be glad to help!
is it easy installing windows on a mac and using that parallel software? oh and do you know what the student discount is on the 24" imac?

is it easy installing windows on a mac and using that parallel software?

I personally haven't done it, but people that I've spoken to that have installed it say it's as easy as installing any piece of hardware. Though if you're installing it to play games, it's better to use Bootcamp to get the most juice out of your machine.

can you run 1 at a time?

you can boot up seperately using boot camp, but until the new version of osx comes out, you need to restart every time you want to switch unfortunately. with parallel's, once you're running in windows it's actually not that bad, but moving back and forth often is not the fastest process. i

Mac at work and old Dell laptop at home. I am one of those people on the fence right now.

i really really want to make the leap over to Mac and i will be in the market shortly.

but i know everything about a PCs, since i have been using them from day one , and am a little nervous to make the switch. But i honestly think Macs have a better operating system.

Macs, I am in the process of slowing converting my Windows desktop to a fully functional linux desktop... I just need to figure out a nice solution for file sharing. That way I can make my mac grab music from my desktop and load it to my ipod.

Also need to figure out how to get my Tivo to play video on my linux. I have it for windows, I just need to figure out the linux side.. .Fun times

15" macbook pro. love it. but it sucks when you try to rip off software and the only downloads for the installation programs are for windows. or maybe i dont know how to use my mac and i don't look hard enough. i'm a new mac user, up until i got my macbook pro, i've been windows my whole life. so there's a lot i need to learn about it.