Fear Before - S/T LP

Despite buying from VC somewhat frequently, I rarely come on the forums but I had to ask... When is this coming out? I talked to Adam (guitarist) on August 9th and he said that they were supposed to have them in time for that tour but they weren't ready yet and I'm pretty sure it was announced before summer. Also is there any more info on the volume of Under the Influence that they were supposed to be doing? He also said they were talking with Circa Survive about doing the split with them but it's unlikely now because Circa's on Atlantic.

Thanks for your time and answers

• 1 month later...

we got the ok to put out S/t and will do a really small pressing of them at some point. Trying to get a bunch of other records out now. And yes, Fear B4 are doing an under the influence but we are not sure who with.

• 9 months later...

*bump

Wondering if there's any new info on this. Also, Virgil, if funds are an issue keeping this from getting pressed I would be willing to help fund it, or even fund it entirely if VC is no longer interested in pressing the record. Not to be impatient, but it's just very important to me that this record comes out on vinyl. I'm sure everyone here feels that way about a certain record/band.

i actually really really love this record. it took me a while to get into it. but now it's one of my favorites. i remember talking to mike about this last summer at their show in charleston. when i asked if it was colored he said the vinyl would look like "trash swirl" hahaha i was really excited to see how that turned out. would definitely buy a copy if it gets pressed.

I would also really love to get my hands on their S/T of Fear Before. It was a huge shift in since the subtle shift in The Always Open Mouth, which I really enjoy. I would love if this was pressed similar to Banner Pilot's Collapser (puke brown splatter) but less puke brown and more earthy colours. Almost like this [image] but less camo vibe.

I would also really love to get my hands on their S/T of Fear Before. It was a huge shift in since the subtle shift in The Always Open Mouth, which I really enjoy. I would love if this was pressed similar to Banner Pilot's Collapser (puke brown splatter) but less puke brown and more earthy colours. Almost like this [image] but less camo vibe.

I agree, a similar color scheme would be great for this record. Talked to Goose tonight, he said it probably won't come out. I'm guessing this is because Virgil doesn't have the cash to do so. Sad.

listened to 'Fear Before' the other day, I'd love to have it on vinyl.

'The Always Open Mouth' is an impressively great sounding record for a modern indie recording. I wish more double albums were 45rpm. There really is a sonic improvement.

It does make quite a nice difference. I have a few other records like this, Hail to the Thief comes to mind, new Interpol will have a double 45rpm LP option. I've noticed that records cut at 45 with about 10 or 12 minutes of music on each side always sound really good.

listened to 'Fear Before' the other day, I'd love to have it on vinyl.

'The Always Open Mouth' is an impressively great sounding record for a modern indie recording. I wish more double albums were 45rpm. There really is a sonic improvement.

It does make quite a nice difference. I have a few other records like this, Hail to the Thief comes to mind, new Interpol will have a double 45rpm LP option. I've noticed that records cut at 45 with about 10 or 12 minutes of music on each side always sound really good.

I had the chance to listen to 'In Rainbows' at 45rpm from the box set, and it sounds way better than the regular 33rpm release.