Anyone have any Movie Recommendations?

mrc

Curious if anyone has any good movie (dvd) leads.

I just picked up the dvd set called Planet Earth from BBC - its a nature documentary of wildlife almost no one has filmed and it cost 25+ million dollars to make. Looks fantastic and pretty interesting.

Also just got HOT FUZZ

Lets here what you got.

Please let me know if you have seen any good horror/zombie movies.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest scriptedrain

I bought my girlfriend that Planet Earth set for her birthday in April, we still haven't got around to watching it but I can't wait to see it.

I don't know what you're into other than horror / zombie movies (which I don't watch at all, I'm more of a comedy / drama / "indie" fan myself). I can't wait to see "Superbad" on Friday, but that's in the theatre. I'd really like to see how this thread goes, as I'm always looking for movies recs from friends and family.

- Jeff

oh and get this, there is an artsy movie theatre in town and they play a lot of horror movies and cult comedies late night on weekends (movies start at 12am) and this weekend is a movie called black sheep. No not with chris Farley.

here is the site with the movie trailer. go watch and tell me how lucky i am! haha, man im stoked

http://www.blacksheep-themovie.com/BlackSheep.aspx

Man oh man, Planet Earth is so freakin' sweet. The stuff they somehow captured on film is so breathtaking. You get super-involved with the animals, you start rooting for them in certain situations and when they don't make it in whatever they're trying to do, you honestly get sad.

Seriously, everyone should rent/buy Planet Earth. Richard Attenburough (the old guy from Jurassic Park) narrates it expertly, too.

Man oh man, Planet Earth is so freakin' sweet. The stuff they somehow captured on film is so breathtaking. You get super-involved with the animals, you start rooting for them in certain situations and when they don't make it in whatever they're trying to do, you honestly get sad.

Seriously, everyone should rent/buy Planet Earth. Richard Attenburough (the old guy from Jurassic Park) narrates it expertly, too.

I agree, Man there is one of the "episodes" that has apes/chimps and they have a gang fight with another group of monikees and it was the craziest thing ever! they ended up canabilzing one of the monkees they killed.

that must have been intense to film, and pretty scary if you ask me.

I've seriously watched Hot Fuzz 6 times since it's come out on DVD, I fucking love it!

I watch a lot of foreign films and I wholeheartedly recommend anything directed/written by Chan-wook Park. He's most famous for Oldboy, which is probably my favourite film, but his other films are also all quite good.

My roommate is a HUGE zombie flick fan, I'll ask him if he knows any recent good ones. It's not new, but Wild Zero is pretty sweet - Japanese garage rock band Guitar Wolf battle zombies with the power of rock and roll!

I've seriously watched Hot Fuzz 6 times since it's come out on DVD, I fucking love it!

I watch a lot of foreign films and I wholeheartedly recommend anything directed/written by Chan-wook Park. He's most famous for Oldboy, which is probably my favourite film, but his other films are also all quite good.

My roommate is a HUGE zombie flick fan, I'll ask him if he knows any recent good ones. It's not new, but Wild Zero is pretty sweet - Japanese garage rock band Guitar Wolf battle zombies with the power of rock and roll!

yea, the second after I finished watching Hot Fuzz, I wanted to watch it again.

i actually thought wild zero was pretty terrible. my friends insisted i watch it b/c they refer to me lovingly as "guitar wolf". but i just didn't like it. it was ridiculous and overblown, and kinda silly, but also just not that good.

i feel like a terrible person b/c i still haven't seen hot fuzz. i might just go buy it.

I have really been into Documentaries lately and watched this last weekend and found it to be rather awesome.

POPaganda: The Art & Crimes of Ron English

he did all the artwork for the movie supersize me, but he does a ton of political and guerilla artwork. Climbs bilboards and posts over them. really cool stuff, i suggest anyone interested in art of any kind check this out.

• 2 months later...
if you're interested in documentaries, find Crumb. it's about Robert Crumb, an artist and he drew some really weird cartoons and his family is pretty messed up. here's the trailer:http://www.madman.com.au/actions/trailer.do?method=view&videogramId=152

I didnt see this post, but just added this movie to my netflix queue. i will let you know what i think once i get it. thanks