does anyone ever totally and completely regret...

Guest scriptedrain
never had a big cassette collection. BUT, i do regret getting rid of my massive gi-joe and ninja turtle collection. damn those are good memories.

I'm with you there.

- Jeff

im glad my mom had the sense to save all of my toys from when i was a kid and not let me destroy them, or throw them away, or whatever. now i have boxes of star wars figures, transformers, gi joes, m.a.s.k. figures, and all 5 lions to form voltron. sometimes i get bored and play with them. by sometimes i mean weekly.

In a related story, I took all my old VHS tapes to Half Price Books tonight along with a bunch of CDs, because really, who watches VHS tapes anymore?

That is one analog medium I feel absolutely no remorse for abandoning. I'm a photographer who still shoots film (100%) and do a bulk of my music listening on vinyl, so I love being the the luddite and sticking with the older technologies, but sheesh, VHS sucks ass. The picture sucks, the sound sucks, and they're bulky as hell.

I still have most of my cassettes and even though I was in highschool 1999-2003 when CDs and CDRs especially were huge, I still refused to get a CD player in my car and actually bought a brand new after market cassette deck thats still in it today.

I found it a lot easier to just record vinyl to cassette than doing it to cd, but I did have a lot of the retail pressed stuff.

In the end I won cause anyone who bought a CD player then and has an ipod now has to use that shitty fm transmitter which is the worst sounding shit I ever heard. I use the cassette adapter which is a lot better. Now pretty much all cd players have an aux. port.

Guest falloutcollapse

i had two cassettes in my whole lifetime: one was from mcdonalds and came in a happy meal (lame toy when you're 6) and one was some disney movie soundtrack

The best was the Ninja Turtle van with a lift-up roof and fold out sidecar seat.

- Jeff

i always wanted that! i asked for it one year and got some weird pizza throwing thing. it was still pretty cool i guess.

I tried to 'borrow' [steal] both the van AND that pizza throwing thing from one of my guy friends. When he caught on and wouldn't let me take it, I offered a pink barbie camper in exchange. Still no deal... :(