PO: Get Rad's "WTFHTCS" LPEP is up!

[image]

Coming this fall WINTER! on Underground Communique Records, I'll be teaming up with Milwaukee/Minneapolis dudes Get Rad in a 9 song one sided 12" EP called "What the fuck happened to common sense"

Pre-orders won't go up for about a month or so as I don't even have test pressings yet, as the plating process is not even completed.

Pre-Order is up: http://undercomm.bigcartel.com/product/get-rad-wtfhtcs-lp-ep

Recorded with Shane from Call Me Lightning at Howl Street Studios. The band brings what I believe as their best recorded material to date, a recording finally matching the power of seeing the band live.

...though Shane warned that the upcoming second full LP on Hypperrealist might be better than this...time will tell...well time and hearing the other songs. Originally 3 of these songs were going to go on the Sweet Cobra split 7" but that idea is sidelined right now until Sweet Cobra finishes writing new songs. That split will definitely still happen, just not yet...so we decided to combine the whole recording session into one EP instead and solve the problem of having songs for a split and a separate 7" but no split band and no one to release a separate 7".

I'll post more details as they come in, I just got the artwork yesterday and got excited and wanted to share.

nah nah nah nah nuh nah get! rad! WHAT THE FUCK!?

www.myspace.com/getrad

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

incredible.

pressing info (included release show/ tour press if you will produce) ?

keep updates, justin....

:)

if Mastercraft will make the damn metal parts already we'll have a tour press.

if not, there will most likely be a record release show cover. Otherwise the main pressing will have printed covers.

I'll post updates as they come in. thanks Yu!

Woo! 'Sconsin represent! Stoked to hear this. I'm digging the art.

awesome, yeah the art rules, the back cover is gonna confuse the hell out of everyone, but I'm gonna leave that out to discover when it arrives on your doorstep(it's kinda explained in one of the songs lyrics...so there will be a lyric sheet)

is there anything happening with Call Me Lightning these days? have they got any plans to record?

I believe they just recorded a new album and when they submitted it to their label, they got dropped...as far as i know they got the album recording back from the label. I have no idea what their plans are though. they just played Chicago a few weeks ago though....so they're still playing.

• 1 month later...
oh man, i'm indeed very stoked on this release.

"say fuck no" has been playing almost non stop here.

this record is about 100 times better than Say Fuck No to Rules, man.

I haven't heard it yet, but allegedly the other unreleased album due out eventually on hyperrealist is better than this EP

Guest naytoid

this e.p,100 times better than "say fuck no"?

How much would i have to pay you for the mp3's? Or, even a test press when they arrive, i mean, if you'd be willing to sell one when you receive them.

I'm not kidding

this e.p,100 times better than "say fuck no"?

How much would i have to pay you for the mp3's? Or, even a test press when they arrive, i mean, if you'd be willing to sell one when you receive them.

I'm not kidding

well, there will be 50 test pressings made.

BECAUSE... the band made really awesome tour covers as we expected to get this in time for their tour...but like I said the lacquer got literally misplaced at Mastercraft and because of that the plating took forever.

So, as we're not very wasteful people, the band asked me to make 50 test pressings to use up these covers so I will talk to the band this weekend and figure out what they want to do with them etc...

I will post a few songs on the UCR myspace page when I get home tonight.