Whats the cheapest score on a rare record...

Guest noeffinidea

-Propagandhi - Today's Empires... on red for $12.99 sitting in some used records @ Vinyl Fever.

-Pig Destroyer - Phantom Limb on clear for the normal retail price. I had ordered from Relapse when they found a bunch of rare PD and Agoraphobic Nosebleed records, and thought I would get the coke bottle blue color. But lo and behold, twas a clear record that arrived in the mail.

-Thursday - War All the Time for $9.99 in the used section @ Sound Exchange.

I went to a record store today and they had some BALZAC records for $30. Went to another store 10 min walk away and the same record for $3. bought them for $3 each, good as new.

Also ordered a Sludgeworth 7" (Brightside) from Reckless for $5 a month ago. I don't know the value, but surprised to find it so cheap.

In 1989 I saw in MRR that Revelation records would trade rare records for old GI Joe's, so I went up to the attic, found 4 of my brother's old ones and sent them off. About two months later I got the following in the mail:

Judge "Chung King Can Suck It" 12" White #104

Sick Of It All 7" Red

Gorilla Biscuits 7" Yellow

NYC "Way We Were" Yellow

Two years later I was hard up for cash so I sold the Judge, SOIA and NYC to some dude in Japan for $350. So, I guess this is two stories, one for me and one for that dude because that Judge record is worth a fuck load now.

$6 for:

the first boredoms lp

the first two frank zappa lps(one in mono)

and three john fahey albums from like, the original takoma pressings in 1964

all in pretty much pristine condition(the fahey albums have some library markings on them, but the records are mint, essentially.)

honestly one of the best days of my life.

• 7 months later...

I got it for free just from getting married, but according to my wife she only paid $5 for Coheed & Cambria - The Second Stage Turbine Blade when she was in college as it was one of their last copies when they were on tour with Hot Water Music, and she thinks Thrice. She picked it up on a Canada date probably Toronto.

Bad Religion: Against the Grain first press for $5

Sick of it All: Yours Truly red /1000 first press for $3

Cooter (now Autopilot Off) : Looking Up on red for free

Fiona Apple: Extraordinary Machine for $9

None More Black: This is Satire on pink for $7

Off With Their Heads: All Things Move Towards Their End gray mix /3 for $1