not that anyone should care

I happened upon a small record shop tonight run by a nice old woman with a neat punk rock section. But what was strange was that everything seemed to be from the 90s.. and new, sealed in the plastic wrap. It was like walking into a time machine and seeing a bunch of still shrink-wrapped lookout records.

Felt like a fool spending so much on ebay and gemm for used records in shitty conditions when new ones were sitting under my nose the whole time..

and they were all cheap! about $12 a pop. same things go for $15-30 used.

I don't mean to be Debby downer here but a nondescript store that just happens to have hundreds of punk records from the 90's all sealed and in mint condition....You know what they say if something sounds too good to be true?

Fine, here's the details. Hang a right after existing the west exit from Shinjuku station. Keep walking until you see a store called "The Vinyl pt 2". It's the the store next door to it.

The inside of the store is just a long, narrow room. On one side is 60's rock and garage rock. On the other side is punk rock and some 70s rock. There was also a Doo Wop and Soul section, but I didn't recognize any of the artist. I think there might have been a Swedish rock section, but maybe that was another store.

Probably the last time I'd see SW Anthem for a New Tomorrow in shrink wrap.

Records I bought all mint.

japan hmmmm good chance they might be bootlegs.

The only bootleg I've seen floating around is the Screeching Weasel RAMONES cover, tour edition. You can find that bootleg almost everywhere.

The Lookout Records I bought, were not bootlegs.

What I bought shall not be revealed. I felt guilty buying records when there are so many people that need financial help. So I donated more than I'd ever spend on records in a single day to Unicef from my salary and promised that whatever amount I spent on records I will donate again.

japan hmmmm good chance they might be bootlegs.

The only bootleg I've seen floating around is the Screeching Weasel RAMONES cover, tour edition. You can find that bootleg almost everywhere.

What I bought shall not be revealed. I felt guilty buying records when there are so many people that need financial help. So I donated more than I'd ever spend on records in a single day to Unicef from my salary and promised that whatever amount I spent on records I will donate again.

totally righteous, bro

totally righteous, bro

Ha, thats actually a really good idea. To donate what you spend on records in a month to charity. I'm too broke to ever do that, but if I had the money... well I probably wouldn't do it anyways, but its still a good idea.

totally righteous, bro

Ha, thats actually a really good idea. To donate what you spend on records in a month to charity. I'm too broke to ever do that, but if I had the money... well I probably wouldn't do it anyways, but its still a good idea.

If you could do that you could just spend twice as much on records. Charity starts at home.