Favorite Standup Comedians?

Guest falloutcollapse

Oh, also -- Mel Silverback is a fucking genius:

[image]

so underrated. only a canadian could come up with that.

We're doing a comedians special later this year and I have been lobbying hard to include Mel Silverback but to no avail -- no one else at work finds him funny. It's so sad, working with people who have no senses of humor.

Mitch Hedburg was awsome. Unfortunatly I saw him about three months before he died and he was completly trashed. He was so drunk and drugged up that he barely told any jokes. Pretty much he walked around stage and mumbled and talked about random shit that wasn't funny. It was pretty sad actually.

Guest scriptedrain
Mitch Hedburg was awsome. Unfortunatly I saw him about three months before he died and he was completly trashed. He was so drunk and drugged up that he barely told any jokes. Pretty much he walked around stage and mumbled and talked about random shit that wasn't funny. It was pretty sad actually.

I've heard a couple of accounts like this actually. I was a fan of him for years after seeing his first Conan performance. I always wanted to see him live but never got the chance. In some ways, I'm glad I didn't see him at the end of his life just because it would tarnish how I reflect on him, but in others I think meeting him would've been a highlight for me.

- Jeff