What were you like in High School?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i loved highschool.

i went to a catholic high school. we had a costume day where you could dress up like your favorite character from a book. i went as jesus. i brought a loaf of bread and passed it out to kids and teachers in the hallway.

i also tie-dyed a white tuxedo. the hardest part was the top hat....

Haha I found an old ass photo from junior year. 2005 Art Club trip!

[image]

I'm in the bottom right corner in the Ramones shirt. I still have that jacket. I wore it yesterday. I still have that shirt too. I lost a bit of weight since high school. I also wore contacts more often back then too. That photo was taken a month before I got the glasses I currently wear now.

I was a wrestler for four years, track and field for 2. i hung out with the jocks, but a lot of our "jocks" weren't typical, there were a couple people i hung out with who got me into metal, i remember after christmas vacation wrestling practice getting in my buddies car and doing donuts in the school parking lot in the dead of winter cranking Danzig.

I had a close circle of friends. Mainly all the anime nerds. We spent every second we possibly could in the "Independent Study Lab". Which was really just a small closet sized room with a couple computers, a TV, and some odds and ends. We watched a lot of random ass videos online. And a lot of Strongbad emails.

I discovered indie by way of Saddle Creek Records around 10th/11th grade and went from listening to Incubus on a daily basis to listening to Cursive on a daily basis. I was a lot more in shape back then. But way nerdier (I think/hope).

mostly invisible...not much has changed in that aspect.

I had two pretty tight circles of friends that eventually after high-school merged into a larger group...I had my band-geek friends, and my "other" friends who were in no-way affiliated with band.

I didn't have enemies in high-school, but I wasn't really accepted by too many people either, I wasn't good enough at Skateboarding to hang with that crowd, I wasn't "punk enough" to hang with the punk/ska kids, I wasn't good enough at my instrument to be an elite uber-geek in band, I wasn't tiny or pussy enough to get picked on by jocks, I wasn't smart enough to hang out with the nerds, i didn't do any drugs or drink so i didn't quite fit in with all the hippie-stoner kids...even though most of my "other" friends were all pretty into drugs and alcohol.

all and all, I floated through high-school without making too many wakes or ripples

High School sucked for the most part. My freshman year was occupied by me trying to avoid the bigger kids who teased me. mainly because i was a smart ass i talked back, which wound up getting me into fights with kids way bigger than me (i was only 125 pounds give or take 5 pounds). I skated throughout high school. Most of the time of which i would skate to and from school. I wound up meeting a few people in Sophomore year that befriended me, and from there i was introduced to a ton of new people in our little scene in corpus. All of which i am friends with too this day. I was pretty much honor roll through out my junior and senior years. Senior year was a joke. I took summer classes, therefore could have graduated early, but i wanted to finish my senior year with my friends. So i basically slacked off Senior year. I still managed to get good grades though.. not too shabby.

I'm still the same person for the most part. I dress the same, but i'm a whole lot more reserved now

I discovered indie by way of Saddle Creek Records around 10th/11th grade and went from listening to Incubus on a daily basis to listening to Cursive on a daily basis.

This. Though I would listen to a shitload of queens of the stone age too.

I never studied and always got by with B's. I wish I would've tried harder though, looking back. Maybe I would've gotten a scholarship out of it?

Also pretty much all my close friends from senior year I still talk to and hang out with in some form.

My school was weird in that it was a magnet school, meaning that people from an entire region came to the school. So most of my friends lived in different cities and whatnot. I had friends that lived an hour away from the school. There was no sports or band, school didnt start until 9. We played tag in the parking lot everyday senior year.

high school was fun, but i agree about it not being the best years of your life.

hmmm high school.

not that fun.

i graduated 11th in my class of 275 though with a 3.8 gpa which was kinda impressive. i was on the math team with my best friend. i was in band, and jazz band. i played trombone freshman year then switched to euphonium for the rest of high school. without me, our whole brass section sounded flimsy and unsupported (which my teacher told me all the time, i'm not just being cocky). i think what surprised my teacher the most about how good i was, was that unlike the "band kids" who would hangout in the band room and practice any free time they had during the day, i never ever practiced alone. i made a few "district" bands that i had to audition for so that was cool.

sophomore year i thought no idea records was the best label ever.

i had like 3 friends, who are still my only 3 friends.

i think i was a lot happier in high school though.

In high school I was in the intro to jazz class which by the second day ended up becoming a rock band class where you just jam for an hour and try to start a band, it was pretty cool, I didnt realy join a band till my senior year, I spent the first three years learning how to work on a mixing board it was a fun class. I wouldnt consider myself a slacker back than, I didnt enjoy school and had my outline for what I wanted to do by the end of 10th grade, I gave up and went on to do my own thing. I still think its funny when people say they miss High School, I actually hated it, even though I hung out with a lot of people from different cliques and groups.

Music wise I came into HS liking At-The Drive In, Descendents and Weezer,I than got into bands like HWM,Thrice and AM! by the end of 9th grade, 10th grade I was into Cursive,Bright Eyes ,Botch and Converge .Some of the people I hung out with had good taste everyone else like Metallica and Metallica

**EDIT**

Thinking about High School reminded me of this pic.

[image]

Heres my pic from prom, Im the second one on the left, funny story...the guy that didnt have a date (next to me) ended up dating my ex who was my date for prom...great way to ruin a friendship.

I went to three different high schools, but not because I was a troublemaker or outcast or anything. First one was the large public school in the bigger city 30 minutes away. My mom taught there so they let me go. Three people I went to middle school with went to this high school. I stopped talking to two of them and the other one I ate lunch with everyday, but that was the only time of day we hung out. Somehow I started hanging out with the "slackers". Not counting the guy from lunch, I would say I had two friends. One was a lot like me (shy), but the other one was kind of a dick. I listened to Korn, Alice In Chains, and Rage. Toward the end of the year, things were looking up as far as popularity. I was in the Key Club and student council. I think I had an office for the next year too. Then my mom got fired.

i hung with all the smart kids in my class and the 'skater' kids in the class below me. i took all honors and AP classes so i was with the same kids all the way through. i got a 5 on my AP statistics test, and 4s in english and biology.

i was in band and chorus, amnesty international, and was secretary of student government. i couldn't take any art classes because i couldn't fit them into my schedule, which is funny because i was always known as the 'artsy' one and majored in fine arts in college ultimately.

i graduated 23rd in my class of 240, with a gpa of 99.83, which tells you how incredibly smart my class was. oh, and i was voted 'most likely to succeed'. lulz @ that.

music-wise i was super into brand new, taking back sunday and dashboard. typical giiiiiiiirrrrl.