victory records vs. revelation - heyday battle

so both of these labels are shear shadows of what they once were... so here's the question, who was better in their heyday? when they were really putting out great stuff a lot?

revelation:

judge

gorilla biscuits

quicksand

youth of today

underdog

sensefield

texas is the reason

kiss it goodbye

in my eyes

elliott

victory:

earth crisis

integrity

strife

deadguy

cause for alarm

snapcase

warzone

grey area

shutdown

buried alive

blood for blood

personally... they've both put out a lot of records i love... and it's tough to decide... but i think more revelation records had a hand in my hardcore upbringing... i think they get my vote. plus, while they haven't put out a TON of amazing things in recent years, they haven't turned into the total shitfest victory has (aside from darkest hour and btbam)

I'd have to say Revelation definitely was a better label overall, although my first hardcore cd I remember was Strife and I still listen to Bloodlet's entheogen. Even at the time Victory was putting out good releases, they were putting out terrible things like Hi Fi and the Roadburners, One Life Crew, and Doughnuts. Revelation at least was more consistent.

I'd have to say Revelation definitely was a better label overall, although my first hardcore cd I remember was Strife and I still listen to Bloodlet's entheogen. Even at the time Victory was putting out good releases, they were putting out terrible things like Hi Fi and the Roadburners, One Life Crew, and Doughnuts. Revelation at least was more consistent.

yeah, and let's not forget electric frankenstein.

yeah, and let's not forget electric frankenstein.

Don't talk smack on EF!!! Electric Frankenstein is amazing! And, no, I'm not kidding, look at my record list.

Regardless, I'd still go with Victory. There were only two or three Revelation bands that I was into back then. Victory was the hit: Strife, Snapcase, Integrity...Any one here have that California Takeover record? One of the best ever...

If Rev. only put out the GB records I'd still pick them as the winner. Once you factor in Texas is the Reason and Quicksand I don't even understand how their could be an argument. Early-Victory put out some solid records, but I think Rev's discography will be held to a higher standard down the line...especially since Victory has become a joke.

im extremely biased in this vote but rev without a doubt. definitely one of my favorite labels.

the first 9 releases are probably the best to start a label with the exception of dischord.

warzone, sick of it all, gorilla biscuits, side by side, youth of today, bold, chain of strength, judge, inside out, supertouch, burn, into another, farside, underdog, civ, texas is the reason, ignite, quicksand, battery, in my eyes, nerve agents, damnation ad, fastbreak, elliott, the movielife, curl up and die, shai hulud, on the might of princes, shook ones, sinking ships, down to nothing, gracer, memorial, living hell, end of a year, capital

definitely returning to form. all of the current bands are solid.

I used to be a Victory whore back in the day...mostly in the early to late 90's...then their roster started to really just let me down. All the bands did not stand out and were very blah. But I have to agree that Rev has had more consistency with their releases and quality of music their bands have been putting out.

If forced to vote...I'll say Revelation.