Big Apple announcement today

If there really is a Flying Spaghetti Monster he will grant Steve Jobs the power to announce a new iPod today. The current gen has been on the market for 2 years and I'm craving for another update to the hard drive and a new physical appearance.

After seeing the iPhone I no longer consider the video iPod to be an elegant piece of hardware. It's like comparing the DS "Phat" with the DS Lite.

I currently have a 60gb and it is filled to the brim, every time I want to add even a song I have to delete something I really want to listen to. They better announce something with 100gb+!

Rumors are pointing towards what I want, but there's also some circulating about larger flashed based iPods and bigger Nanos with video...cool, but useless for me.

As long as it's not some announcement on the iPhone or iTv then I could be content.

Subtopic:

A few of my friends get first dibs, but I will be selling the aforementioned 60gb iPod at a fair price. It's white and comes with a leather case. I've kept it in pretty good condition considering its over a year old (I'll take pics if anyone expresses interest). Make some offers, I'm not trying to make a ton of bank, but a reasonable deal and I'll send it your way -- I'll also trade if you want to add cash and some vinyl...in fact thats a better idea because I don't really need the cash.

/end nerd fest

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope they dont come out with a 100+gb because then i might have to buy one. i just got an 80gb at the begining of the year and only have a little bit of room, but i have plenty of shit i can delete.

Does anyone else have an 80gb that is full or almost full? mine has been acting a little strange lately. sometimes it freezes for a few seconds here and there but it doesnt run as fluid since it has been filled up.

I've heard from some retail folks that it will be an iPod and it is shipping today.

However, when it comes to Apple I trust NO ONE until the Apple store goes down and the announcements are made.

1-hour of anticipation left. My anxiety is killing me. Good thing it's time for my lunch break, I can relax and watch Scrubs, then *hopefully* order my new iPod.

It has to be an iPod. They pulled all their old stock out of retailers this weekend (my friend went to Best Buy on Saturday to buy one and there was nothing there -- an employee told him they had to send it all back to Apple).

I'm definitely interested in what they did for this new gen. I've been rocking a 4g 20gig since 2004 via freeipods.com and it barely works anymore; I think it's about time I actually invest money in something instead of just relying on the internet to get me one for free. :)