reunion shows

y/n/m?

Seems like there have been a lot lately. Any that anybody has felt strongly about, one way or the other?

I'm seeing Small Brown Bike tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited. I saw them the very last time they played Detroit on Jan 1, 2004, and it was about the only rock show I've been too that I could describe as 'bittersweet'.

I can't really recall any 'reunion shows' I've been to that were a disappointment, but then again, I can't remember any of the ones I have attended right now anyway.

I have nothing against reunion shows/tours. I don't get why so many people are against them. Unless its just an obvious ploy to make a quick buck, then I'm all for it.

I'd really like to see the Murder City Devils, but I'm not going to Austin for Fun Fun Fun Fest.

If HWM announced a reunion show I would literally drop whatever I'm doing and fly out to wherever it is happening.

Ya know, I kinda think they're lame. Yes, I go to them therefore I am lame. I think it's usually because there's a bit of a backstory about why they broke up and it's usually one of the same reasons they get back together. Or they just kind of are like "oh that, yeah, I'm over it" when it had been such a bone of contention years ago....

honestly, when i saw small brown bike on their last tour, it was the worst time i had seen them. however, if they did a reunion tour, i would almost definately go.

i saw youth of today's first reunion show, that was cool i guess but ultimately not that memorable.

i dunno... reunion shows are all well and good i guess, i just don't get tooo excited about them.

I am waiting for a Mighty Mighty Bosstones reunion...no matter where it's at, I'll be there. Some of the other bands I'd love to see reunite are probably never going to due to either dead members or just animosity amongst each other...

this will probably happen this year.

I can only hope. :)

Guest scriptedrain

I've never been to one (unless Everclear counts as a broke up and got back together band). I think it's probably lost its specialness over the years (post-internet boom), it seems like every band not named Led Zeppelin gets back together. Unless they're getting the band back together and making another album, I really don't see the point aside from $ and putting their name back in circulation (which, in turn, garners more $).

- Jeff

I am waiting for a Mighty Mighty Bosstones reunion...no matter where it's at, I'll be there. Some of the other bands I'd love to see reunite are probably never going to due to either dead members or just animosity amongst each other...

this will probably happen this year.

i was talking to bill armstrong (co-owner of sideonedummy) he said there is a very good possibility of this happening and also they are probably gonna put out a b-side record either the end of this year or early next year