if you don't like "we are the romans"...

robotnerd

I picked this up at the used cd shop last night for 5.99, i hope its worth it. i havent listened to it yet but after hearing all you guys talk about it i couldnt resist. If i dont like it i guess i can fuck off (right robotnerd) but if i really dont like it then i think someone from this board owes me a solid 6 bucks for wasting my time. But i guess ill have to give it a spin when i get home tonight

I picked this up at the used cd shop last night for 5.99, i hope its worth it. i havent listened to it yet but after hearing all you guys talk about it i couldnt resist. If i dont like it i guess i can fuck off (right robotnerd) but if i really dont like it then i think someone from this board owes me a solid 6 bucks for wasting my time. But i guess ill have to give it a spin when i get home tonight

If you listen to it and don't love it, you should probably just go ahead and end it. And by "it", I mean your life.

If you listen to it and don't love it, you should probably just go ahead and end it. And by "it", I mean your life.

i will have my weapon of choice handy for when i hit play. maybe i should post a new thread with a poll on how i should end my life if i dont like the cd. just so i can get the board involved in my final hours. But if it is as good as you guys say i should worry about a thing.

i will have my weapon of choice handy for when i hit play. maybe i should post a new thread with a poll on how i should end my life if i dont like the cd. just so i can get the board involved in my final hours. But if it is as good as you guys say i should worry about a thing.

it is in my top 5 albums of all time of any genre. that means i put it in the same category of greatness as miles davis.

I still don't understand when this band became so popular/influencial/talked about.

I saw them numerous times and the crowds were always pretty small-ish and in the last 6 months I've heard more people talking about them than when they were around.

Kind of wish they were as respected/hyped when they were around.

you'll definitely like it. sucks you bought it though as hydra head is re-issuing it as a remastered 2xCD and hopefully that means a vinyl re-issue in the coming months as well!

if youre just now hearing this record, chances are you wont appreciate it the way others do because a good handful of bands have borrowed a lot of ideas from it so it wont seem quite as groundbreaking. thats not to say you wont go "woah, this is really well written" but you probably wont think of this record as a "holy grail" like those that heard it when it came out or just after.

we are the romans is one of my all time favorites. with that said, the first time i listened to botch, i didnt really get it so itll probably take a few spins. all in all, this band is/was awesome.