Your Thoughts about Record Nerd

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

Let's say that hypothetically, i am working with someone to develop a new site similar in thought to Record Nerd, but much more improved. What features would you like to see in such a site?

My initial thoughts would be the ability to upload from excel files your entire record collection. Also, being able to use your existing recordnerd account info and transfer it to a new site would be nice.

Just curious what other things you would like to see.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds interesting.

How about something almost like a checklist with bands complete pressing info. Perhaps something that would combine the listing parts of Record Nerd / Howsyouredge along with the information provided by sites like Burnt Wolf.

Check out www.howsyouredge.com/swap for another top notch record tracking & trading site.

much better than burnt wolf is the discography project on the nofxwiki.net site.

if you're gonna do a better record nerd...

categories

artist / album / color / pressing info

the search command on record nerd is abysmal.. you must be able to do multi-criteria searching.. ie specific album + color especially

Guest Admin

all great suggestions. We are also talking about having the ability to syndicate your lists to post on blogs, myspace, etc.

We are working on something and with luck it will be up and running sooner than later. thanks.

You wouldnt have to catalog anything again .. when I switched from recordnerd to howsyouredge all I did was copy and paste everything from recordnerd and copy it to msword. Then I believe I went to tools/edit and removed the frames ! Then bingo, you have a complete text file of your records. Easy as that.