favorite magazines

Guest scriptedrain
i dig blender for it's sometimes ridiculous critiques and always-ridiculous musician coverage. i appreciate that they really aren't afraid of calling anyone out.

I forgot about Blender, too. Good call.

- Jeff

i dig blender for it's sometimes ridiculous critiques and always-ridiculous musician coverage. i appreciate that they really aren't afraid of calling anyone out.

Most of the time they "call people out" just for the sake of doing so. Music journalism sucks these days, in my opinion.

www.soundsalvationarmy.com

i think it'll probably launch for realz in the next week or so, but i'm trying to get my cohorts up to snuff on wordpress before we do. which is hard, because one of them lives halfway across the country.

it's kind of a tie-in with the community radio show that i host. which is on tonight, coincidentally, from 8-10pm saskatchewan time (i think we're in the mountain time zone or some ass). it streams from www.cjtr.ca if anyone is interested. since i inherited the show i had no say in it's format, but i've tweaked it a bit; it's a chart show based of the polling of other campus and community radio stations in canada. hence, it has a lot of pretentious indie rock and canadian bands no one has heard of, even in canada. but i throw in stuff that i think should be on there and whatever i'm digging at the moment. metal (3 inches of blood), in-between (ETID), country (austic lucas), and plenty are on tonight's playlist.

Guest falloutcollapse
rue morgue is some bizarre shizz. a friend of mine had a roommate who subscribed. he also listened to the weirdest most frightening rap music of all time. like murder fantasies and songs about peeing on sexual partners.

he was kind of a weird guy.

i would never room with anyone like that

rue morgue is some bizarre shizz. a friend of mine had a roommate who subscribed. he also listened to the weirdest most frightening rap music of all time. like murder fantasies and songs about peeing on sexual partners.

he was kind of a weird guy.

thats weird. i'd imagine a fuck up like that would read fangoria. rue morgue is the most literate magazine i read (other than new yorker or vanity fair) sure they cover gore flicks but they have equal coverage of books, music and the history of horror. shit is the best magazine ever.

I can never find Giant Robot anymore here in Florida...it sucks because it's such an entertaining magazine.

I read:

Alternative Press

Revolver

Outburn

Spin (depending on content)

Maxim

Newtype (definitely depending on content as it's so damn expensive)

Geek (another pricey one)