RATM Re-release

Per www.Punknews.org

On November 20, 2009, Dutch vinyl speciality label Music on Vinyl Records will be releasing Rage Against The Machine's influential 1992 full length debut, Rage Against the Machine, on vinyl.

According to the listing at the distributor, the record will be pressed on 180g vinyl and will feature a Picture Disc.

Will be getting this for sure. Have always been a big fan.

• 3 weeks later...
Oh, and if anyone cares, Zack de la Rocha's One Day As A Lion project just got the vinyl price lowered, thank God. I'm picking this one up for $10!

http://revhq.com/store.revhq?Page=search&Id=EPI978

not that it really matters, but it's $0.02 cheaper from here

http://www.kingsroadmerch.com/epitaph-records/view/?id=144&cid=19

This would've been nice to find before it sold out...however I noticed they listed it as 125g

http://www.auralexploits.com/product_1517.htm

That's a different pressing than the one talked about in here. The one we're talking about was put out by Dutch label Music on Vinyl a couple months ago (and they just made it to America this week) and is on 180 gram.

And the One Day As A Lion EP is pretty solid and definitely worth the $10. Too short though. :( I keep forgetting to check out the new band with Tom Morello and Boots Riley in it - anyone listen to their shit yet?

I keep forgetting to check out the new band with Tom Morello and Boots Riley in it - anyone listen to their shit yet?

Street Sweeper Social Club.

They're alright. I caught them when they were opening for NIN a couple of tours ago.

It's a bit more funky and groove-oriented than Rage. Lyrically a bit more light-hearted. Not as politically-heavy as Zach's lyrics.

I was going to write a review of it for Mammoth and use the phrase "they put the 'party' in revolutionary party".

This would've been nice to find before it sold out...however I noticed they listed it as 125g

http://www.auralexploits.com/product_1517.htm

That's a different pressing than the one talked about in here. The one we're talking about was put out by Dutch label Music on Vinyl a couple months ago (and they just made it to America this week) and is on 180 gram.

And the One Day As A Lion EP is pretty solid and definitely worth the $10. Too short though. :( I keep forgetting to check out the new band with Tom Morello and Boots Riley in it - anyone listen to their shit yet?

that record is kinda boring.

I keep forgetting to check out the new band with Tom Morello and Boots Riley in it - anyone listen to their shit yet?

Street Sweeper Social Club.

They're alright. I caught them when they were opening for NIN a couple of tours ago.

It's a bit more funky and groove-oriented than Rage. Lyrically a bit more light-hearted. Not as politically-heavy as Zach's lyrics.

I was going to write a review of it for Mammoth and use the phrase "they put the 'party' in revolutionary party".

Cool - post up a link when you do, I'd love to check it out! :)

• 2 weeks later...
I just got this and Evil Empire in late last night. Just rocked the a-side of the S/T album and it sounds pretty damn good to me.

Did S/T come with a lyric sleeve, or not? Mine didn't, yet Evil Empire does have.

Just wanted to make sure, as my copies weren't sealed when I received them.

Guest b0dybag

Got both re-releases about 2 weeks ago (live in Netherlands so), 180 gram goodness and no its not a picture disc, 20 euro per album, pricy but imo worth it!

I just got this and Evil Empire in late last night. Just rocked the a-side of the S/T album and it sounds pretty damn good to me.

Did S/T come with a lyric sleeve, or not? Mine didn't, yet Evil Empire does have.

Just wanted to make sure, as my copies weren't sealed when I received them.

S/T did not come with anything other than the record, which is lame because, like you said, Evil Empire got the lyric sleeve. =/ The bootleg of S/T has a lyric sheet, come on now. ;)