we can help VINYL COLLECTIVE for LP release

according from Virgil's topic about what's album that you need Virgil release on record version.

i think he (Virgil) might have a ton of idea for make them comes true....

i think if we offer Virgil as pre-payments for help him invest for some record release....is a good idea.

for example,if you need him make new album of darkest hour : deliver us elease on vinyl format by Vinyl Collective/Suburban Home Records.

we (if you agree with my idea) will pay him for 20-30 bucks for make it real.at least make it comes true faster...than only wait him invest by himself only.

and when darkest hour : deliver us (according from this example) release....the first supporter who agree for pre-payments will receive the very exclusive colour that only buyer who pay before they ask/hire factory for make it !

i don't know this idea is work but i think it can help Virgil and Vinyl Collective make your wish release comes true easier and faster than only waiting him....

how do you think,friends ?

Virgil has made the comment that the number of titles he'd like to put on vinyl far exceed the number he can afford to do. He's also mentioned that he's kicked around the idea of getting investors in some capacity. So I don't this guy is trying to push anything on him.

I think it's a great idea in theory, especially rewarding the pre-order/investors with their own color of the record. But I think it's very unlikely that there'd be enough pre-order interest to make it financially viable.

Virgil has made the comment that the number of titles he'd like to put on vinyl far exceed the number he can afford to do.

this is true of anyone who runs a record label. Theres about 100 releases i would like to do this year, but i'm going to have to settle with around 10-12... its time just as much as money. Trying to orangize say 50 people to toss $30 each (which is still really lowballing pressing costs) isn't something thats likely to happen. If theres a project you'd really like to see done.. why not contact virgil and be like hey i'd love to see this, i'll plunk down $1000 of my own cash to help you do it. Its really easy to say "record X by band Z should really be on vinyl... why don't you do it?" instead of stepping up and doing it yourself.

I offered to fund some releases in the '90s to no avail. The bands and their labels just weren't interested. Both the internet and the vinyl market were very different places back then, so I'm sure I wasn't taken very seriously. At least now there's a Virgil who has got the experience and infrastructure to make it a slight possibility.

I just put out my first 7" and second oneis at the plant. I plan on doing my first LP this summer. After doing 6 CD's opening your first box of 7"s is a way different.

Even the economics of a vinyl release is different.

If I threw in $$$ for a record I would much rather of a test pressing than a rare color anyway...

asbestos records.

our biggest CD releases were from Treephort, and the High School Football Heroes, and a couple comps that sold pretty well.

We have 3 releases out from Bomb the Music Industry! on vinyl, and two more in the hopper, including a split with O Pioneers!!!. We should also have CD/LP out from Sonic Boom Six, and some other neat stuff we're currently negotiating

Guest Admin

thanks to everyone sharing in this discussion. It is true that I have thought about taking on investors as my current cash flow situation only allows me to put out vinyl releases here and there. Even when I put out something like Minus the Bear which is certain to be profitable, the amount of profit after normal overhead isn't enough to take on many more projects.

I think that the idea of raising funds for a vinyl release and having contributors receive something truly rare could be a cool idea.

I have also thought that starting a company by raising capital from people interested in investing in a vinyl company could be a fun way to put out some great records.

I think everyone should share their thoughts on this thread and who knows if it becomes something.

Flood, I hear where you are coming from, but I think that there are some people out there that would like to get involved beyond being a consumer, but may not be interested in starting their own label.

great thread though.

nice to know what are you thinking about my topic...

in my opinion,i think if Virgil annouce to recruite any bucks for records release...i will accept his offer.

...like minus the bear release....i'm not a big fan of this band but i think collect all colour that will release is awesome and it's good for me if i have a time to listen to something that rock not hardcore or punk.

Flood,i think your experience that you share on this topic is awesome...thank for let me know.

Virgil,i think my idea can help your business...at least,i will pay if you make it as offor.

Conoley,is this is offer ? i wanna got one...

• 9 years later...
17 minutes ago, Monastic_mike said:

I have a list of albums that were never pressed on vinyl that I'd love to have. I don't think enough people would be into these bands enough to just recoup expenses. Which is all I'd hope for personally.

You should run it by Virgil or RJ and MTS. Just pay up front and they will take care of the rest. 

1 hour ago, Monastic_mike said:

I have a list of albums that were never pressed on vinyl that I'd love to have. I don't think enough people would be into these bands enough to just recoup expenses. Which is all I'd hope for personally.

Damn you, double post.

Edited by lastvaultboy