PO: DRAG THE RIVER/CHRIS WOLLARD SHIP THIEVES 7"

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

DRAG THE RIVER / CHRIS WOLLARD & THE SHIP THIEVES 7"

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/HTC027

DRAG THE RIVER flew out yesterday to meet up with Chris Wollard and the Ship Thieves. The tour should be amazing and the guys are looking forward to it. Our good buddy, Elmer at Hometown Caravan is releasing this split 7" with Drag and Chris which will feature 2 originals (one by Drag the River, one by Chris Wollard) and two covers (Chris covers Drag the River, Drag the River cover Chris). All in all, it is a fantastic 7" and although this is primarily being released in Europe, we are getting 200 copies for sale in the states. If you are concerned about this holding up your christmas order, make sure you order this separately. This should ship this week from Germany which could mean that we get them by mid December, but you just never know if there might be a delay or two.

We will be posting a stream shortly and I asked Elmer at Hometown Caravan if we can send the tracks digitally to all who pre-order and he said yes. Ralph is out sick today so we will just sent the tracks to all who pre-order by week's end.

This is on black vinyl, Hometown Caravan doesn't typically do variants. Get this before they are all gone. I have been listening to these songs and they are so good. The new Drag the River track is amazing; they played it the other night with Micah Schnabel.

A couple of weeks ago at The Revival Tour in Gainesville at Common Grounds, I was sitting on the stage chatting with Jon Snodgrass. They had just thrown everyone out, so the place was nearly empty.

Chris Wollard comes over and picks up Chuck Ragan's guitar and he starts playing DTR's " A Way With Women". Jon joins him singing harmony. That was pretty awesome!

After they finish, Jon asks him why he chose that DTR song to cover and Chris says something like "It wasn't an obvious Drag song to cover".

Anyway, I'm ordering this and am looking forward to hearing the recorded version.

A couple of weeks ago at The Revival Tour in Gainesville at Common Grounds, I was sitting on the stage chatting with Jon Snodgrass. They had just thrown everyone out, so the place was nearly empty.

Chris Wollard comes over and picks up Chuck Ragan's guitar and he starts playing DTR's " A Way With Women". Jon joins him singing harmony. That was pretty awesome!

After they finish, Jon asks him why he chose that DTR song to cover and Chris says something like "It wasn't an obvious Drag song to cover".

Anyway, I'm ordering this and am looking forward to hearing the recorded version.

that's awesome. I love the 4 songs although I prefer both originals to the covers. I would have loved to have seen Chris play the song though.

• 2 weeks later...