so is anyone into collection prints/posters also?

coldober

I grabbed some quick shots of other pieces from around the house. More or less my house is a mini art museum, with most pieces being from my friend Greg "Craola" Simkins

[img=http://staygoldmedia.com/v1/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/image1.jpeg]image_11.jpeg

these above 2 images are side by side right above my turntable/record collection

artists are

skull & bones - cody miller - tattooer at black heart in San Fransisco

peter and the pirate squid - steven daily

3 girls on merry go round w/ green matte - mark ryden

mariachi el bronx - unknown - album release show

girl with flag - chriss conn - was a tiger army show poster and i dont like them so i cut off their logo

jesus w/ bobs big boy in a boat w/ pink matte - mark ryden

three girls - tattoo flash by chris conn

lucero boxer - unknown

pirate ship - nick rodin - tattooer at black heart in San Fransisco

the next few are by greg "craola" simkins

[img=http://staygoldmedia.com/v1/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/image_21.jpeg]image_31.jpeg

the above piece is the pride of my collection, a original by greg simkins which he gave me for my 20th bday 10 years ago, his originals now range from 5,000-30,000 depending on side[img=http://staygoldmedia.com/v1/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/image_41.jpeg]image_61.jpegimage_71.jpeg

That lucero print was done by James Flames, awesome collection!

image_81.jpeg

photo-1.jpg

both pieces above are by my friend Nick Rodin who is a tattooer at Black Heart in San Fransisco. the friendship one is a print, the heart is a water color painting

These are incredible.  I hope I don't come off like an asshole, but I just called Blackheart to get ahold of that print.  

1DK2PKs.jpg

122 Archer Ave. - Max Dalton (Reprint from The People's Print Shop)

RZQyL8c.jpg

The Belafonte - Max Dalton (Spoke Art)

bLRofFz.jpg

Death Cab For Cutie - Plans (Promo canvas given to record stores, 24"x24")

WlC5MCj.jpg

Mewithoutyou - Spring Break Tour 2012 (Purchased at Buffalo date)

cgHlFih.jpg

ASOB Reunion "Tour" (Purchased at Brooklyn date)

DcKcp7u.jpg

Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho - Mondo (No room to hang it yet unfortunately...)

EDIT: Won an old film noir one-sheet at an auction a few weeks ago, frame should get here by tomorrow, will post a picture soon!

I grabbed some quick shots of other pieces from around the house. More or less my house is a mini art museum, with most pieces being from my friend Greg "Craola" Simkins

image_11.jpeg

lucero boxer - unknown

That Lucero print is by James Flames.

http://omgposters.com/2011/04/01/an-interview-with-james-flames/

I had to move some frames around after my wife took my Kurt Vonnegut print to work.  This frame has a matte cut for a 20 x 26 print, it had a White Stripes poster in it, I replace it with this.  I kinda need to replace the matte to go with the print better but I'm happy to have this one on the wall instead of in my box.

560036_10152527729785150_213750782_n.jpg

So does anyone have any advice on a standard rule for matting/print ratio? I've never framed a print using mat (I think I'm referring to the right phrase?). Say, if I were to frame a 16"x20" print, how much bigger should I make the frame? Any advice on putting in the mat board? I'm sorry if I'm sounding like a complete loser, but I've never framed anything in a high-end frame before.

Personally since matting is expensive I only do it if a print is a odd size and I can't find a exact frame for it. If I was framing a 16x20 though I'd try and find a frame that was like a 20x24 so you have a couple inches on each size, I'd maybe even go bigger since big prints can look weird with small matting.

To install it just tape the print to the backside of the matte and lay it in the frame like you would something unmatted.

Matting doesn't seem to be that expensive. If I was to get a 20x24 mat, it would be about $6. Idk what shipping would be though. I found a site that has some pretty cheap, but seemingly sturdy frames with the acid-free core and uv-protection for around $30, before shipping.

Ah I've never one online so I usually just go to Aaron bros or Michael's, which can get a little pricey. Something like that I personally like to take there to make sure all my measurements are right.

Yea I thought about having them frame it, but my girlfriend is very artisticly gifted so I bout $3 matte and the frame was on sale for $12. Pretty cheap at the end of the day.