so is anyone into collection prints/posters also?

coldober

The next print of his I'm buying is gonna be NEW AGE because 1. it's goddamned gorgeous, and 2. he licensed the image to me for the cover of my book, and to celebrate it's actual release I'd love to grab a copy of the original.

Original print:
new_age_r.jpg?v=1447845285

Reworked w/ custom lettering for cover:
cover_v2_original.jpg

The next print of his I'm buying is gonna be NEW AGE because 1. it's goddamned gorgeous, and 2. he licensed the image to me for the cover of my book, and to celebrate it's actual release I'd love to grab a copy of the original.

Original print:

new_age_r.jpg?v=1447845285

Reworked w/ custom lettering for cover:

cover_v2_original.jpg

Hell yeah, BillJim

• 5 weeks later...

Wondering if anyone in this thread can give me a their opinion on framing. I have a John Baizley print that I need to order a custom frame for, wondering what people think between either a black or white frame. Here's the print:

Persephone_II_OZ.jpg

I'm leaning towards white, with no mount, personally.

Wondering if anyone in this thread can give me a their opinion on framing. I have a John Baizley print that I need to order a custom frame for, wondering what people think between either a black or white frame. Here's the print:

Persephone_II_OZ.jpg

I think white would compliment the light pastel colors well, and give it a more otherworldly look, as opposed to black, which I feel would be too "heavy".

I'm not a big fan of white frames, so I suggest against it. A nice natural wood grain would looks pretty nice with it.

Edit: If you can find one that is similar to the wheat in the picture, it'd make it all pop pretty good.

Persephone_II_OZ.jpg

I would highly argue against ordering online....taking your print to a shop and using corner samples to see different colored options and profile styles will yield results you'll be happy with for a lifetime. I would also argue against the artwork being right up against the glass...I know matting isn't always the aesthetic everyone is going for (I have quite a soft-spot for minimalism myself) but matting is part of an archival framing process. Also, if you paid any decent amount for this print and are keen on viewing it for years to come, do yourself a favor and frame it using conservation glass, nothing sadder than a 10-year old print faded out looking like trash.

I've been using really thinly cut mats lately, as sort of a spacer, but with more room for the print to breath. I bet it wouldn't be too hard for a shop to get a mat that matches the border of that print. I also second the item of taking it into a shop to see, since sometimes something you think would be weird works in wonderful a way.

^^^

All of this. Using an acid-free matt and acid-free backing is also crucial

My family has been in the framing business since the early seventies, I spent many a year working in the retail shop and have seen some really ugly stuff. Everything from an original black and white photo that was over a century old disentigrating because of cardboard backing and masking tape to several hundred dollar prints ruined by sunfade...I've seen un matted original pieces and prints stuck to the glass on what should've been a simple swapping of a frame.

It's just easier in the long-run to frame something properly...you can later change it up if you feel so inclined and if it's framed properly you have that option, if it's been thrown together or non-archival methods/materials have been used....you often loose that option rather quickly

Thanks for all of the advice guys. I knew there was a reason I love this forum.

There's a family run framing shop in town, so I will pay them a visit in the week and hopefully get a quote. Definitely want to avoid any fading etc where possible, so doing this right is what I want to do.

hey guys, so - my uncle was a big shepard fairey print collector and gave me some things a while ago because he thought i might like them, sadly im just not into prints and stuff. so i was digging in my closet and found this : https://obeygiant.com/prints/flag-1-offset/#more-13027

its in it original shipping tube and if anyone wants it, let me know.

I have a few gig posters I'm looking to get rid of too, if anyone is interested. Since I started collecting other prints, have not really been interested in gig posters.

http://www.gigposters.com/poster/66777_Gatsbys_American_Dream.html

http://www.gigposters.com/poster/117538_Minus_The_Bear.html

http://www.gigposters.com/poster/96821_Kay_Kay_And_His_Weathered_Underground.html