so is anyone into collection prints/posters also?

coldober

23 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

True, it does scratch easy. I've only ever used it on small prints, since Hobby Lobby runs deals on small sizes a lot.

It's such a pain in the ass to work with.  When you're cutting it down to size little micro shards of glass start going everywhere, so you basically have to keep the cover paper on both sides of it to keep it from scratching, wear fresh white cotton gloves, and put in a brand new wheel to score it with (which will be shit after cutting through the paper as well).

my family's shop doesn't stock it at all, it's always there as an option but special ordered on the extremely rare occasion somebody wants/needs it.  Same with plexi.   Most people go gaga over the museum glass until you show them how expensive it is.

Edited by birdwell

6 hours ago, valve said:

David D'Andrea hooked me up when I asked if he might have any of the Sleep trio prints left over. Awesome guy. This will be going into my drop out of life audiophool extraordinaire man cave. Now looking for the other two to complete the family. I think I am going to dry mount them framed, except with out plexi to avoid front wall reflections.

UA96cM1.jpg

Whaaaat? I need an Aquarian print...I wonder if he has any left lying around...

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/04/2016 at 3:16 AM, piky0032 said:

Got the standard Monkone Alexisonfire Farewell tour prints framed up as well. I also have the Flaming girl singned and framed with my ticket to the show....

IMG_20160402_175117_zps8urcswiy.jpg

Hey there, I'm new here but would you be willing to sell these for the right price? I've been looking for these prints everywhere.

4 hours ago, terminatorpig said:

Do you guys go to a framer to have your piece framed? and do you frame it in such a way that the piece could be removed with zero damage/no sign of it ever being framed? using acid free materials, etc.?

You can save $ by buying the frame extrusions and hardware on-line, the (acid free) backing and mats from an art store, and the glass (cut to size) from an actual framing shop. Put it together yourself. Do a bit of internet research first if you're uncomfortable with the assembly process. People tend to drop a lot of coin for something that isn't terribly hard to do.

So the Outer Battery Dopesmoker got a second printing and you can get the Death is this Communion for half the price and shipped together. I already had the DitC one but this is too good to pass up. http://www.outerbatteryrecords.com/collections/frontpage/products/dopesmoker-official-album-cover-print

On September 24, 2016 at 1:54 PM, Freki said:

You can save $ by buying the frame extrusions and hardware on-line, the (acid free) backing and mats from an art store, and the glass (cut to size) from an actual framing shop. Put it together yourself. Do a bit of internet research first if you're uncomfortable with the assembly process. People tend to drop a lot of coin for something that isn't terribly hard to do.

There's a couple of specialized tools that you'd need to do it properly.  But for the most part you are correct.   Benefits you get from a frame shop would be using a vaccume heat machine in some cases to flatten out the print if it's been rolled up for a while, using proper mounting techniques (and tape/adhesive), and properly sealing it/backing it to keep it dust free.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would love to see more video game posters. Seems like the vast majority of stuff discussed on EB are for movies, which is cool I just don't really have the same connection with movies vs music and to a lesser extent video games. I would give 3/4 of my left pinky for a Dark Souls 1 print of the castle.

Edited by valve

1 hour ago, valve said:

Would love to see more video game posters. Seems like the vast majority of stuff discussed on EB are for movies, which is cool I just don't really have the same connection with movies vs music and to a lesser extent video games. I would give 3/4 of my left pinky for a Dark Souls 1 print of the castle.

Sony did a couple prints of Bloodborne areas that looked incredible but pretty much sold out instantly.