Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

Not having much luck with The Icarus Line shop. Paid for 2 LPs and a 7" in April, have received one LP and the 7", still yet to receive the second LP. Nine months later. I've received nothing in the way of updates from them - only one or two empty promise responses from my enquiries. No record, no refund - as of yet.

UPDATE: as of yet, nothing to update. Absolutely zero response to my emails, or my contact through their bigcartel site. I contacted the band through facebook, they advised to contact via email, i did and yep, you guessed, zilch.

I would be VERY careful if ordering physical product from theicarusline.bigcartel.com.

Not only do they ignore customers, they stuff the orders up AND cannot ship LPs properly. The LP that I did receive in my stuffed up order was sent from the US to Australia in a bubble envelope...and it arrived seriously fucked up. No refund, no apology, no nothing from Joe and his merry men.

Whilst they do good music, they cannot run even the smallest of business ventures.

Had a bit of an issue with No Panic records from Germany. I ordered 5 7"s from them back at the very beginning of December. After not getting them for awhile I emailed them a few times and never received a response.

I filed a Paypal claim and the guy immediately replied saying he'd "send them out again right away." I got them in no time at all, obviously they were never sent in the first place.

Just a heads up.

Has anyone here ever bought from Panic Records? I ordered from them about a month ago and still haven't received anything. I've sent a couple of e-mails but no reply ???

I know it's just one guy out of his home. He has a full time job and quickly sent an e-mail saying this, and how it may take about 2 weeks to get orders together. I had ordered a bunch of things for Christmas gifts, and e-mailed him stating so. He sent me my order before Christmas, but forgot to send a record. I got back to him saying one was missing and he sent it right away and gave me Pentimento's "Wrecked" along with the forgotten one. I'd say my experience with him was pretty great. He always got back to me right away and really did what he could to help me out by getting my order on time/making up for forgetting to send that one record.

For the most part, my experiences with InSound have been great. The only annoying thing is that sometimes they'll tell you that an item is backordered AFTER you place the order, so if you're in a rush, maybe ask them ahead of time.

That said, they're cool and let local New Yorkers come to their warehouse / office to pick up records to save on time / shipping costs.

Southern Records in the UK! www.southern.net/eu-shop/

I just bought something from them for the first time. Product was cheap, package got to me in a week, was packaged SUPER well and they are AWESOME at comminucating. I'd have to say that this is by far the best customer service I've ever recieved.

They've got some great 80's hardcore (Dagnasty, Minor Threat, Scream) and bands like nomeansno, Jawbox, Fugazi, Trap Them, Pelican.

Tbh, shopradiocast.

I ordered a signed set of 3 vinyl one day and did the payment.

A day later they mailed me that they didn't had them in stock and that it appeared to be a fault on the webstore so they wanted OR sell me the unsinged vinyl for the same price (wich were cheaper on the bands official store), OR give me a coupon of the same value of the 3vinyl OR give me a refund.

After 3 or 4 mails I told them that I wanted my money back. 4 days later they mailed me that they're back in stock and that they've sended it to Belgium.

I told'm it must been a mistake because I wanted a refund,... they never answered since. They deal isn't in the store since so I wonder what to receive.

SRC has been on and off with me.

I ordered the Brand New YFW repress before the variants were announced, and did so without actually making an account. Then when Triple Crown released the blue, I ordered that and emailed SRC asking to cancel my order, mentioned that I ordered without an account, and gave them my name and email address that I used. They replied saying that I never ordered anything (but it had definitely been taken out of my account). Lo and behold, I got shipping confirmation soon after. Most of the stuff from them seems to take quite long too. That being said, they package quite well and have never had an issue with condition of records.

Shop Radio Cast (through Dine Alone Records)

Been 16 business days, haven't heard a thing. No shipping confirmation or anything. It's been saying "shipped" for the longest time on the site. And I'm in East Coast Canada. I've ordered stuff internationally and took a lot less time, even from Serbia!!! First time ordered, mostly last time, takes a lot for me to give a second chances. I'm not even counting on getting the package at this point...

Anyone have any trouble with Top Shelf records? I place an order almost three weeks ago and still haven't heard anything. I'm getting a little worried...

ive had issues with them, much worse than that but it all went well in the end, cool guys. Theyre just 2 guys running the thing when theyre off work and it seems like its getting pretty big, i think theyre a little busy with the saddest landscape preorders shipping out too. Its probably shipped already even if you didnt get a confirmation.

Shop Radio Cast (through Dine Alone Records)

Been 16 business days, haven't heard a thing. No shipping confirmation or anything. It's been saying "shipped" for the longest time on the site. And I'm in East Coast Canada. I've ordered stuff internationally and took a lot less time, even from Serbia!!! First time ordered, mostly last time, takes a lot for me to give a second chances. I'm not even counting on getting the package at this point...

i'm having a similar experience with SRC. I called them the other day and they explained the delay.

I ordered some items on Jan 27th, i got the notice saying it was shipped on Feb 1st. I waited two weeks and recieved nothing. I emailed them and got no reply, so i decided to call. I was told the order is ready to go but one item was out of stock so that they were holding it until the item became available. I explained that i figured they would just send the package without the out of stock item and refund me the balance but he told me that is not the way they usually do it. I'm in no hurry for the records, i was just worried they were lost. It makes no sense that they have the items marked as shipped when they have been sitting there for two weeks waiting for something to be restocked.

Shop Radio Cast. Purchased a copy "neighborhoods" from their ebay account, as for some reason they charge less that way for international shipping than when ordering through the store. Paid on the 17/1 and have yet to receive. Sent numerous emails asking for them to look into this for me but have received no reply. Paypal claim opened, am hoping for the best.

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?