Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

^ Bummer.

SRC is such a joke. STOP PUTTING RECORDS UP FOR SALE THAT YOU DON'T HAVE YOU DICKS!

For future reference, since you are overseas, just pay with PayPal and then open a dispute after they arrive claiming they didn't and you will more than likely get refunded. ;)

In vinyl we trust.

fast shipping to canada (i hate waiting 2 weeks for a record)

got to my house in 5 days.

great packaging and the best prices.

IVWT rules so hard. everything was perfect and super fast. Not only that, I think they threw in an extra The Locust 7" that I didn't order. I tried emailing them to ask if it was a mistake and if they'd like me to send it back but I didn't hear back so I'm assuming it was a gift :)

awesome, awesome distro.

Honestly, I received an order from IVWT that was kinda lame.

Ordered two records that were on clearance. When they arrived, the mailer was perfect, yet both of the releases I ordered had dog-ears and seam splits. That means they were probably discounted because they were damaged, but none of that was mentioned on the item page. If they had been honest/accurate, I wouldn't have bought the damaged items.

So, kinda disappointed with my order. Haven't thought about ordering from them since.

So to recap...

Cool:

Amoeba

Dusty Groove

Robotic Empire

Turntable Lab

Meh:

Midhaven (failed to let me know a pre-order was delayed 8 weeks)

Family Vineyard (again, failed to let me know an item was delayed several months)

GoHastings (some records arrive perfect, some arrive destroyed in bubble mailers)

Sucks:

InVinylWeTrust (clearance=damaged)

BlueCollarDistro (2 orders, 3 items, over $90 total, all arrived mangled due to pisspoor packing)

JR.com (took RSD pre-order and canceled without informing me)

Great:

IVWT - Fast shipping, good condition, best prices, wide selection, good shipping rate. My go-to distro.

Good:

Interpunk - Everything always arrives in good shape, but their shipping rates suck and they sometimes don't have a good knowledge of what's in stock. They have wonderful selection, though.

Decent:

Science Of Silence - They need to pack their records a bit more securely, record arrived with a bent corner and some seam splits.

Matador - Could pack their records a little nicer, had some seam splitting with the inner sleeve on a record.

Sucks:

SRC - Repeatedly told me that my item was on backorder, then told me it had just arrived, then told me it was still on backorder, etc. Finally, two and a half months later I got my order.

Dr. Strange - will not order from them again. Ordered 3 records on RSD. Order status said "Approved". Package did not ship until a week later (received it few days after that), and only had 2 records. No notification that the order would not be completely filled, despite not shipping until a week later. Could have bought the record elsewhere for a few more days had I known I was not receiving it. Didn't know until I opened the package.

Sent them an email and they said "Approved" means "received". Then how about saying "Received" instead of "Approved". Ridiculous.

I've ordered from Broken Circles, Insound, shopradiocast, Saddle Creek, and Sub Pop with no real problems. I highly recommend Broken Circles!

My only bad experience with mail order was from Juno Records in the U.K. sometime last year. I wasn't crazy about placing an international order in the first place, but they were the most reasonable (and one of the only) places I could find a copy of the Into the Wild soundtrack reissue (great music!) Received the LP in a thin, flimsy cardboard mailer with no padding. The vinyl was warped so badly that watching it spin would make a sailor motion sick. By the time they got back to me via email—which was relatively quick—the Into the Wild soundtrack was out of stock. I was really upset because I want that album so much! They refunded my money as store credit, but I'm so nervous about ordering anything else from them that I never even used the store credit.

PS: I've been lurking the forum for a few weeks now, but this is my first post! Loving the online vinyl communities I've found.

Do MerchNow usually take 2 months to send records? I ordered some things back at the start of March and I still haven't received them. Have emailed them and got a notification that they are sending them out soon but yet still haven't received anything. Are they usually this slow?

Do MerchNow usually take 2 months to send records? I ordered some things back at the start of March and I still haven't received them. Have emailed them and got a notification that they are sending them out soon but yet still haven't received anything. Are they usually this slow?

Holy Shit! What did you order?

According to my email:

1 x $5.00 I've Been Thinking About Leaving You White/Blue 7 Inch

1 x $5.00 I've Been Thinking About Leaving You Coke Bottle Green 7 Inch

1 x $5.00 I've Been Thinking About Leaving You Black 7 Inch

1 x $0.00 I've Been Thinking About Leaving You

1 x $6.00 The American Scene/Daybreaker Split - Milky Clear/Green 7"

1 x $0.00 The American Scene/Daybreaker - Split

1 x $10.00 The Northbound Trains Purple/White Haze LP

1 x $6.00 Punk Is Dead. Get A Job. Clear/Black Swirl 6 Inch Vinyl

Wrote them again, haven't heard anything back yet. Still waiting.

And again, now it's outside the 45 day Paypal thing so a dispute would just get closed. MerchNow better not go all RJ on me because it's the cool thing to do to people.

i've ordered twice from them in the past month. both times the record arrived within a week... you got a problem dude.

keep spamming their inbox.

OR CALL!

HOURS OF OPERATION ARE MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 9am - 5pm EST

TOLL FREE (DOMESTIC): 888.387.3343

INTERNATIONAL: +1.518.458.9563

According to my email:

And again, now it's outside the 45 day Paypal thing so a dispute would just get closed. MerchNow better not go all RJ on me because it's the cool thing to do to people.

its because you ordered this

it was a preorder for it

According to my email:

TWY shipped late from Hopeless. That was the hold up. Hopeless sent an email to me telling me that. Not Merchnow's fault. You should get the order soon, homey!

According to my email:

What does "go all RJ" mean?

According to my email:

What does "go all RJ" mean?

it means take your money, not send you your records and skip town, ala RJ the owner of Mightier Than Sword Records and the TOYPAJ release he fucked everyone on.

Has anyone ordered from hyperrealist in the past few weeks or so? I just placed an order a few days ago and I've heard some horror stories about them in the past. Just wondering if they've gotten it together.

No updates on the website for a year, and he's had problems before. I would shoot an email just to ask when you can expect it to see if you get a response.

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?