Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

Just gonna post some good labels/distros I regularly buy records from or have had great experiences with.

Life To Live Records - great dude quick shipping

Revaluation

Victory

Bridge 9

Flatspot Records

Reaper Records

Triple B Records

Fast Break! Records

6131 Records

Closed Casket Activities

Harvcore Records

Six Feet Under

Deathwish

Lost Time Records

Bitter Melody Records

MindRot Records

Shoe City Records

Climbin' Aboard Records

Straight and Alert Records (overseas)

Carry The Weight (overseas)

Relapse Records

Pre-ordered the limited print of True Widow's new album. The package arrived with no dents or dings and when I opened it the jacket was in perfect condition. I pulled out the vinyl and it had a spider web crack through half of it. I emailed Relapse telling them about it, showed pictures of the packaging and record and asked what I needed to do to replace it. Got a reply that said basically it's USPS problem not ours and to contact them. Since the package was sent media mail and uninsured there wasn't anything I could do through USPS. I emailed them back multiple times to no avail.

I finally started posting my issue on their social media sites and within hours got an email offering to replace it with or a partial refund. I chose to get it replaced and sat patiently waiting for my new record to come. After a month I finally get my replacement copy of my album. Once again everything is in perfect shape until I get to the vinyl itself. It looks like someone placed the edge of record against a grinder. There is literally a straight edge right across the edge of the vinyl.

I am done with this label, which sucks because many of my favourite bands are part of it.

Relapse Records

Pre-ordered the limited print of True Widow's new album. The package arrived with no dents or dings and when I opened it the jacket was in perfect condition. I pulled out the vinyl and it had a spider web crack through half of it. I emailed Relapse telling them about it, showed pictures of the packaging and record and asked what I needed to do to replace it. Got a reply that said basically it's USPS problem not ours and to contact them. Since the package was sent media mail and uninsured there wasn't anything I could do through USPS. I emailed them back multiple times to no avail.

I finally started posting my issue on their social media sites and within hours got an email offering to replace it with or a partial refund. I chose to get it replaced and sat patiently waiting for my new record to come. After a month I finally get my replacement copy of my album. Once again everything is in perfect shape until I get to the vinyl itself. It looks like someone placed the edge of record against a grinder. There is literally a straight edge right across the edge of the vinyl.

I am done with this label, which sucks because many of my favourite bands are part of it.

I can't believe a label would do a fan that way, complete BS to lose a customer over a record they probably had a few dollars invested in.

Have ordered from Broken Hive Records a few times and always top customer service. Once, I preordered a 7" and there was a bit of a delay, but communication was great and it ended up coming with a hand written "thanks for your patience & support... (etc.. was longer than that though)" note from the band. Great stuff.

I've been having a hard time with backordered items recently with POP MARKET

One of my order is pending from March 2013! That's right. It was a great price for 2 LP/Shirt bundles and I want my items but damn! Every time they postpone the shipping date to another month.

My second order is a 3 vinyl set of Black Sabbath made a month ago. This time it says that one record is out of stock/backordered.

Why the fuck would they make a dealy deal without having enough records let alone the products themselves?

They used to have great deals but now theirs "deals" are mostly retail prices or higher. Avoid until they get themselves together.

Fat Wreck Chords is absolutely terrible.  I still haven't gotten my Old Man Markley and Swingin' Utters records I ordered going on 4 months ago.  I have e-mailed 20 + times and haven't gotten replacements even though they said they would send them out.  I have to send the same e-mail at least 2 times before I even get a response.  They clearly could give a shit.  Must be nice.  I'm going to shit on their store doorstep when I go out to San Francisco next month and include a thank you note. 

Ya know, we're pretty used to human pooh here in San Francisco.

Good and bad. Revelation Records has usually been awesome. That is until I needed to cancel an order. Accidentally ordered two of the new Title Fight 7". Emailed them to cancel one. Or just combine shipping and they wouldn't refund me because they had already charged my card. Just kinda sucks.

Good and bad. Revelation Records has usually been awesome. That is until I needed to cancel an order. Accidentally ordered two of the new Title Fight 7". Emailed them to cancel one. Or just combine shipping and they wouldn't refund me because they had already charged my card. Just kinda sucks.

That sucks. 

Wow, wouldn't expect that from an established label/distro.  I think the limited variant is still available, you should dispute it and reorder.

So I ordered a record from Shop Radio Cast about a month ago and as you can probably guess....I still haven't received it. I really wish I would have search their name in this thread before ordering because had I seen everything that I just read, I never would have placed my order in the first place. 

I ordered 1 record on August 28 and the very next day I got a notification that it had been shipped. About 2 weeks later I emailed them to ask if it had in fact been shipped and where I might be able to track it since the tracking number associated with my order pulled up that it had been shipped but showed no date/location information. They said that the distributor hadn't actually sent it out, and that they send out the shipping notifications regardless and they send out those notifications based on the assumption that the distro is shipping out all their orders the day after they are placed....apparently... and that it was a "human error" but that my order would ship the very next day....

Here I am 2 weeks after receiving that email and still nothing. 

Here I am 2 weeks after receiving that email and still nothing. 

That's the worst when they just ignore you or lead you on. I don't care much about shipping times as long as they are honest with me. If they respond to my questions quickly and tell me the truth, I still consider that great customer service even if there is delayed shipping.

The only real issue I've had was the TOYPAJ fiasco with Mightier Than Sword. Other than that SRC likes to take their time on some things. I waited 4 months for a non preorder then half my order was sold out so I had to choose something I didn't really want all too bad.

I order from Deathwish and Bridge9 a few times a month. No issues from them ever. I also order a decent amount from SRC, No Sleep, Headfirst, State Of Mind, Merchnow, Topshelf, 13th Floor, Mayfly, and a few others I can't think of off the top of my head. All have treated me well.

I will be placing orders with No Idea, Mylene Sheath, Temporary Residence, and Amoeba in the near future. I have heard awesome reviews of them all.

This thread has been really helpful. Thanks guys.

That's the worst when they just ignore you or lead you on. I don't care much about shipping times as long as they are honest with me. If they respond to my questions quickly and tell me the truth, I still consider that great customer service even if there is delayed shipping.

Yeah, I have no problem waiting a little longer either. But when the item I purchase is listed as 'In Stock' and the first response from them says "It will go out tomorrow or the next day" and 2 weeks later there is still no tracking information for my order it gets frustrating...I just want to know that its on it way...which they have still yet to prove. Also, the fact that multiple people in this thread have written about getting responses from them saying almost the exact same thing in regards to an order being delayed because of a "miscommunication with the distributor".....

Emailed Shop Radio Cast again yesterday and just got this response: 

"Hey!

I apologies again for the delay but the distro has still not sent the picture disc. They forgot again. Your welcome to email the person who keeps forgetting to pack it with our orders but they told me today they are in our newest order which should be here tomorrow.

Sorry again for the delay but that is the deal. Its going out the second it shows up in our warehouse.

I added free shipping to your account for the delays as a compensation. (4.99$ was added to your store credit)

Thanks,

Danny"

1.) "They forgot again"

2.) Your welcome to email the person that keeps forgetting to pack it with our orders" --- REALLY? THAT'S NOT YOUR JOB?

3.) "Sorry again for the delay but that is the deal."

Happy to just get a response and somewhat of an update (I guess?) but still....not very cool.

I have to praise Surus/Samurai Music. 100% satisfied everytime.

Although I did recently have a quarrel with Juno, I ordered a bundle of vinyl's from there the packaging was fine but when I opened it up, this was the first thing I saw!

mUJvUkz.jpg?2

I know it's only small, but when you order somethign brand new you tend to expect it to be in as new condition?

Luckily it is only a plain white card sleeve so it is easily replacable.

Emailed Shop Radio Cast again yesterday and just got this response:

"Hey!

I apologies again for the delay but the distro has still not sent the picture disc. They forgot again. Your welcome to email the person who keeps forgetting to pack it with our orders but they told me today they are in our newest order which should be here tomorrow.

Sorry again for the delay but that is the deal. Its going out the second it shows up in our warehouse.

I added free shipping to your account for the delays as a compensation. (4.99$ was added to your store credit)

Thanks,

Danny"

1.) "They forgot again"

2.) Your welcome to email the person that keeps forgetting to pack it with our orders" --- REALLY? THAT'S NOT YOUR JOB?

3.) "Sorry again for the delay but that is the deal."

Happy to just get a response and somewhat of an update (I guess?) but still....not very cool.

And it's the truth.

If you have an employee doing a shitty job. You either make them an ex-employee or acknowledge that their shittness reflects very poorly on your company, and are fine with that.

It's also not the customers job, to email YOUR employees telling them they suck. Your the boss, deal with it.

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?