Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

Currently midway through a PayPal dispute with Broken Circles. I ordered a Deadhorse record from them back in late November and I never got anything. I sent about three emails, because it was honestly a record I really wanted (still want), but never heard anything back. Really just a disappointing transaction.

Am i the only still having problems with Sacred Bones? 36 days after order, and tracking number that still says label created, and multiple unresponded to emails...time for a claim.

IS this normal with them?

I've had Sacred Bones send me the wrong records.  They're typically fast to respond and sorted everything out.  They also covered shipping.  It was a pain, but it turned out fine.  I think they're only a 2 person operation, so it might be slow.  

• 3 weeks later...

Streetlightrecords on discogs are THE WORST.  Had an e-check clear on Monday, haven't heard from them all week.  Ignored my email yesterday.  Emailed them again today.  Received a very long-winded, grandstanding email response telling me to expect a refund shortly.  Still no refund or item.  Dummies.

Oh, also Redscroll on discogs are a bunch of dummies.  But I think we all knew that.  They posted something as color, I paid and sent an email like "i just wanna confirm its the orange vinyl version", and they email back like "sorry, it is sealed, we have no way of knowing."  But there is like 4 other colors of vinyl on discogs, including the standard black version.  They emailed this extremely long email like "just to clarify,  when an item is sealed...".  Yeah, they don't get it.

Streetlightrecords on discogs are THE WORST.  Had an e-check clear on Monday, haven't heard from them all week.  Ignored my email yesterday.  Emailed them again today.  Received a very long-winded, grandstanding email response telling me to expect a refund shortly.  Still no refund or item.  Dummies.

actually yeah, they just don't read the descriptions of what they list and have a crazy shitty attitude

I managed to get a partial refund on this Boris record I ordered from them because it didn't include any of the inserts but that was an uphill battle for little reward

I try and avoid dealing with them when possible

I just received my order from Kill Rock Stars of the Decemberists "Picaresque" RSD15 LPs. First of all, the packaging was great. No dings, bends in the corners. Secondly, the release is really solid, but that's not really what I wanted to say here. The real bonus was the unnecessary addition of a Thermals 7". Not only did I not pay for it, but I have never ordered Thermals products from KRS ever. So how did they know I like the Thermals? I don't know. ESP? Whatever. Oh, bonus, I placed the order exactly one week from the moment I received it via Media Mail. MEDIA MAIL. 

Don't not order from KRS if they have something you want at a good price. 

:D

I'm having a problem with Xtra Mile right now. Pre-Ordered a LP that was released on 4/20 and still haven't gotten a shipping update. I've sent two email, no reply. I'm still hoping for the best though.

EDIT: They had shipped it on time they just hadn't updated to "shipped" on my order status. They hadn't replied because their only customer service person was away. Seems irresponsible to only have one customer service rep, but at least I got my record.

Deathwish, No Sleep, and Dark Descent have all been really awesome at helping me out with replacements in the past few months. Didn't need more than a quick picture of the damaged LPs, and I was good to go!

I can't get No Sleep to even answer a message for me.. I ordered something damn near a month ago and can't get a response from them no matter which route I take to contact them shy of a phone number. So far they are not getting anymore of my money if I can even get what I already paid for to begin with. 

I can't get No Sleep to even answer a message for me.. I ordered something damn near a month ago and can't get a response from them no matter which route I take to contact them shy of a phone number. So far they are not getting anymore of my money if I can even get what I already paid for to begin with. 

They've never responded to any emails I've sent them.

Shipping for one of the clear versions (/300 edition) of Violent Reaction got bungled now Revelation is trying to sell me on one one of the gold versions (/1200 edition) to replace it.  That's kind of a huge bummer for me...

Honestly never had this kind of problem before so just wanted to post here to see if anyone else has and how they handled it?

Shipping for one of the clear versions (/300 edition) of Violent Reaction got bungled now Revelation is trying to sell me on one one of the gold versions (/1200 edition) to replace it.  That's kind of a huge bummer for me...

Honestly never had this kind of problem before so just wanted to post here to see if anyone else has and how they handled it?

I've had it happen with other labels before.  Mistakes happen or they get shorted by the plant and just don't have enough of whatever variant they need to fulfill the orders.  It sucks, but a more limited LP isn't going to make you enjoy the music any more.

Saddle Creek Records has always stood out to me as having the best service. They always deliver really quickly and usually throw some stickers or stuff in with your records. Also, about a year back my computer completely bit the dust and I lost all my music - most of it I was able to get back but I wasn't able to find the bonus tracks for Cursive's 'Mama, I'm Swollen' anywhere - I emailed them asking if there was anywhere I could purchase them and they sent them to me free of charge which I thought was pretty cool. 

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?