Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

So after 6 months of waiting I think I'm fine with issuing a verdict on Mahogany Records. Mostly it's just advice to everyone else. If a distro/small label doesn't appear to be active, don't order from them.

I was doing some googling and found that Mahogany Records still had some copies of the You, Me, & Everyone We Know album "Some Things Just Don't Wash Out" going for the original sale price. Even though this was the only item on their webstore I decided to jump. I got an automated response with an order number that made me think they were still active but two months later, nope. So I went searching for how I could contact them. Sent a message through Facebook and a few days later he did indeed answer saying that he was in the process of moving and that he would ship it when that was through. Well 4 months later, still nothing in my hands. It was only like $13 with shipping and everything but.......... 

When I get money I guess I'll buy it from a flipper despite that he still has copies sitting on his shelf......

lol anybody here could have told you that. adam fox is a crook. 

No Sleep isn't giving me a good impression; they mailed me a record of the wrong variant and they haven't responded after the second email. I don't care about vinyl colors, but I do care that they seem to have let me slip through the cracks. welp.

I had trouble with them a while back, and they wouldn't answer my emails or my messages on Facebook. They have a separate Twitter for customer service, and that got me immediate attention and my missing order sent out asap!

https://twitter.com/NoSleepSupport

I had trouble with them a while back, and they wouldn't answer my emails or my messages on Facebook. They have a separate Twitter for customer service, and that got me immediate attention and my missing order sent out asap!

https://twitter.com/NoSleepSupport

That's really helpful! I might have to make a twitter just for this b/c no sleep has some great bands. Thanks!

I recently purchased the 2XLP deluxe reissue of Razorblade Romance by HIM. Although I bought it from a local store any attempts to contact The End Records have went unanswered. It said it was suppose to include a digital download as well and no code was inside anywhere. I tried to contact them via Facebook, Twitter, instagram, and e-mail about it with no reply. I eventually bought all 4 of the deluxe reissues they did and all of those had the download card except that one.

I recently purchased the 2XLP deluxe reissue of Razorblade Romance by HIM. Although I bought it from a local store any attempts to contact The End Records have went unanswered. It said it was suppose to include a digital download as well and no code was inside anywhere. I tried to contact them via Facebook, Twitter, instagram, and e-mail about it with no reply. I eventually bought all 4 of the deluxe reissues they did and all of those had the download card except that one.

I usually just rip the album of YouTube or some other in that case, but i am no audiophile.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for anyone who was defrauded by Andrew ruzeiki back in 2012 I just so happened to google his name and all these angry post showed up

Well I have great news he's in Bergan county New Jersey and he just happens to be on probation for robbery so if you want revenge here's your chance file charges statue of limitions probably isn't up yet at least call his PO and make his life suck more KARMA is a bitch you know the saying well today you get to be karma good luck

SlyVinyl is coming off very unprofessional to me. I'm always up on their releases and news about other releases, but recently I corrected a guy on his drop time for an LP and he got personal and nasty. Very surprised to get that from a site I visit everyday. Visit the site, just don't talk to the authors.

No Idea is pretty bad. Lots of stuff on the site in stock is actually mot in stock & then they say pick something else out but if you don't actually know what's in stock how is that possible? Plus some items like Boogada Boogada Boogada is on the sitr but says out of stock. So not only do they leave up the out of stock items hey also have many items notes as in stock but not really in stock. For someone that such a huge fest each year you'd think they'd be more professional.

No Idea is pretty bad. Lots of stuff on the site in stock is actually mot in stock & then they say pick something else out but if you don't actually know what's in stock how is that possible? Plus some items like Boogada Boogada Boogada is on the sitr but says out of stock. So not only do they leave up the out of stock items hey also have many items notes as in stock but not really in stock. For someone that such a huge fest each year you'd think they'd be more professional.

I've never had a bad experience with No Idea, but I've only ordered from them a few times.

Really I'm just posting to ask you to please proofread your posts in the future.

IMPREC / IMPORTANT RECORDS

Pretty disappointed with this label!

They started the preorder for BASS COMMUNION (a Steven Wilson Project) / FREIBAND EP on August 18...I immediately ordered two clear variants for me & a buddy (and I'm pretty sure mine was one of the 20 earliest orders). They wrote me yesterday that they don't have enough color vinyl copies to fill all orders and are going to change one of the clear ones with a black record.

I'm fine when they limit to 1 clear per customer...but to write me after 5 weeks and state that they can't fill all orders with a clear copy, is pretty poor!

I've had the same thing happen a few times but you neglected to mention that they also offer you a refund if there isn't anything else you want. It's not that big of a deal in my opinion.

Rise Above Records, great bands, horrible label. They don't respond to emails but if you have a Facebook account they can make the effort apparently. I've sent a few emails that went unanswered so far and finally inconvenienced my brother into keeping his Facebook page open all day to try and get my order resolved, since I don't want a FB account. They answered immediately and told me all orders had mostly been shipped on Fri. I provided my order number and credit card receipt number since I DID get charged and have seen nothing (shipping notification included). Instead of looking into it for me that day, they gave me an excuse and then offered to look into my order next Mon. As if I wanted to go force my brother into using his Facebook again until they look into it (they were also informed this wasn't my account). I don't care at this point if I get the record or not, very disappointed either way. I just want to know some solution is on the way whether its a refund or my record getting shipped. Pretty laid back person but I'm extremely frustrated with this whole situation.  Will never purchase from this label again.

Rise Above Records, great bands, horrible label. They don't respond to emails but if you have a Facebook account they can make the effort apparently. I've sent a few emails that went unanswered so far and finally inconvenienced my brother into keeping his Facebook page open all day to try and get my order resolved, since I don't want a FB account. They answered immediately and told me all orders had mostly been shipped on Fri. I provided my order number and credit card receipt number since I DID get charged and have seen nothing (shipping notification included). Instead of looking into it for me that day, they gave me an excuse and then offered to look into my order next Mon. As if I wanted to go force my brother into using his Facebook again until they look into it (they were also informed this wasn't my account). I don't care at this point if I get the record or not, very disappointed either way. I just want to know some solution is on the way whether its a refund or my record getting shipped. Pretty laid back person but I'm extremely frustrated with this whole situation. Will never purchase from this label again.

My gut tells me that the timeline for this story is gonna be great.

What date did you order and when did you start emailing/contacting them via FB?

My gut tells me that the timeline for this story is gonna be great.

What date did you order and when did you start emailing/contacting them via FB?

First emailed them a few days after the release, around the 10th (released on the 4th). Then again on the 21st, to no avail, face booked them yesterday. It's not the fact the record isn't here. It's that they don't respond to customer questions unless its on Facebook and then the "well its all out of our control/not our fault, we'll try to look into this sometime later on for you, bye" attitude that doesn't fly with me. If it were a 20 dollar lp, then I might be more patient but it was damn near 100.

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?