Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

Placed an order with No Sleep Records on October 30th, 4 records in total. All of them had downloads available via their website immediately available. Well 2 of the 4 were corrupted files and so they wouldn't open. I emailed them on October 31st about it and got no reply, so I emailed them again this morning and still no reply. I even sent them a tweet and a comment on Instagram. I seen in a previous post they had a Twitter account just for support, but it said no user found when I tried to send a tweet to @NoSleepSupport

Placed an order with No Sleep Records on October 30th, 4 records in total. All of them had downloads available via their website immediately available. Well 2 of the 4 were corrupted files and so they wouldn't open. I emailed them on October 31st about it and got no reply, so I emailed them again this morning and still no reply. I even sent them a tweet and a comment on Instagram. I seen in a previous post they had a Twitter account just for support, but it said no user found when I tried to send a tweet to @NoSleepSupport

I seen Google once. They had all of my digital downloads.

• 2 weeks later...

Just open a Paypal dispute or credit card charge back. I doubt they care if you spam them. As long as they release limited edition impulse nostalgia/soundtrack releases, people will buy from them against their better judgment.

Yeah you're right - only mentioned facebook because I've seen it work in the past - it's the only thing they respond to.

If you actually want the LP and are willing to wait longer, public shaming is the way to go. If you want your money back, go the other route.

Yah, I'm less mad about being out $15 than I am about not getting my record. Name and Shame.

Paid with Paypal so if I get ignored I still have plenty of time to log a case.  ^_^

On October 30th I placed an order with No Sleep Records. They were having a 40% off sale and so I bought some Drug Church stuff. Due to the sale it said to expect a delay in order processing, I was fine with that. Now almost 3 weeks later I still have no idea what is going on with my order and any attempt to contact them has went unanswered.

Now today I go to their website to check my order status again and notice they are having another 40% off sale. I think they should take care of the existing orders before having another sale.

I am not having a very good first impression with dealing with them. I just want to get the stuff I ordered.

Oh and from my previous post, 2 of my 4 digital downloads were corrupted files and any contact about that has went unanswered as well.

On October 30th I placed an order with No Sleep Records. They were having a 40% off sale and so I bought some Drug Church stuff. Due to the sale it said to expect a delay in order processing, I was fine with that. Now almost 3 weeks later I still have no idea what is going on with my order and any attempt to contact them has went unanswered.

Now today I go to their website to check my order status again and notice they are having another 40% off sale. I think they should take care of the existing orders before having another sale.

I am not having a very good first impression with dealing with them. I just want to get the stuff I ordered.

Oh and from my previous post, 2 of my 4 digital downloads were corrupted files and any contact about that has went unanswered as well.

You already posted this exact same thing on this page.

• 2 weeks later...

Monotreme Records - these guys are class acts.  I bought Sleepmakeswaves - In Today Already Walks Tomorrow from them, and it arrived with a bunch of scratched records and some splotches of abrasion.  Which sucked, because that music is awesome.  I contacted them, and told them of the issue, and they were incredibly timely with the replies via Facebook.

This weekend, I received a full refund for the record.  All I really want is the music, I don't care about money.  They said they were going to check the rest of their stock and get back to me.  Turns out, all of the records were fucked from the plant, so none of the ones they can sell are any good.  They're going to eventually press more, and hopefully they turn out fine this time.  

But I can't say enough good about these guys.  Very helpful, very timely, and very kind with the refund.  I will absolutely buy more shit from them in the future.  

Careful ordering from Barnes & Noble...I preordered Ryan Adams' 1989 a month or so ago. Today I tried to change my payment method and they said I couldn't. Said fine, I'll cancel the order and order again with the proper credit card, said I couldn't cancel the order. Mind you, this is for an item not being released until 12/11. 

I live chatted with customer service who said to call them...then I talked to two different people on the phone and couldn't get anywhere. Luckily it was for an order under $25 but I'd look out placing a large preorder with them. 

• 3 weeks later...

Zavvi.com is ridiculous...I received the first Secret Soundtrack and sent them a mail because the record/package looked raped...I immediately cancelled the subscription for the Secret Soundtrack...they didn't care, took 34€ from my CC and sent me the record...I'm now fighting for more than 1 month to sent this fucking shit back and get my money. What a ridiculous service...

• 3 weeks later...

Zavvi.com is ridiculous...I received the first Secret Soundtrack and sent them a mail because the record/package looked raped...I immediately cancelled the subscription for the Secret Soundtrack...they didn't care, took 34€ from my CC and sent me the record...I'm now fighting for more than 1 month to sent this fucking shit back and get my money. What a ridiculous service...

Have to quote myself since they (once again) charged my CC for the monthly OST which I cancelled over 6 weeks ago!

NEVER DO ANY BUSINESS WITH ZAVVI!!!!

Hey guys! How is everything going? I know this most likely ain't going to be aporting to the subject but Idk where else to post it! (if you can tell me it would also be great!)

I need your opinion of these videos! As I know you are music lovers as me, it would be nice if you help me improve :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpmGsxC9FYHIlrl9rIftQBQ

Hey guys! How is everything going? I know this most likely ain't going to be aporting to the subject but Idk where else to post it! (if you can tell me it would also be great!)

I need your opinion of these videos! As I know you are music lovers as me, it would be nice if you help me improve :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpmGsxC9FYHIlrl9rIftQBQ

Gtfo

My wife PO'ed Caspian's Dust and Disquiet from Newbury for me for Christmas (I have a good wife). She gave me the box unopened on Christmas and there was some Julien Casablancas record inside. Talk about a let down! My wife learned to always open the box and luckily Newbury still had copies of Caspian available. They shipped one out ASAP, no charge for shipping to us or for shipping the wrong record back. Aside from the huge initial blunder, pretty good service.

Also ordered a bunch from Aomeba records in California for Christmas. Really solid packaging but got one record where the albums had cut through the sleeves. And just looked a bit beat up. They sent out a new one the day I asked about it, with a shipping label to send back the beat up copy. With free shipping and frequent discount codes, I will be going back to Aomeba for sure.

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?