Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

Most recently, had a good experience with Cleopatra Records.  Don't know who to really blame for my most recent terrible experience, which was when I pre-ordered AWK's latest through Pledge Music. The album was out everywhere, but "delays" at the pressing plant (so they said) made it so I (and many others) didn't see their signed vinyl copies until roughly 2-3 months after its release date.

The delay wasn't the worst thing. It was the lack of communication.  

And the award for the worst label goes to The Mylen Sheath !!

I pre-ordered the Caspian re-issue this last april month and nothing : no confirmation, no mails, no answer during three months, just a paypal confirmation when pay.

And after that, the only answer I got is the Paypal payment wasn't completed !!!!!

I send the proof of payment and after that, nothing more than silence !

This label is a joke !!!!!!

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, seku said:

Sorry to hear all the bad things about one of the best labels in the world.. something must have happened that Lindsay&Joel lost their interest in running label :(

We're going to feel so bad if they come out and say "guys we had a kid that was born with cancer and they died from complications of heart surgery when they were 11 weeks old".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2018 at 1:39 PM, VinylNate said:

Most recently, had a good experience with Cleopatra Records.  Don't know who to really blame for my most recent terrible experience, which was when I pre-ordered AWK's latest through Pledge Music. The album was out everywhere, but "delays" at the pressing plant (so they said) made it so I (and many others) didn't see their signed vinyl copies until roughly 2-3 months after its release date.

The delay wasn't the worst thing. It was the lack of communication.  

It’s the fault of pledge. I’ve made 4-5  orders through them, and there has not been a single time  I had a good experience. I  could list a whole list of problems .  But it would take a whole page to list them .  I will never order from them again  , due to their buffonery.  I would also like to give a honorable mention to SAABA records out of Canada. They sent me a  somewhat rare record   Rare record  wrapped in just bubble wrap, and put it in a plastic bag . These guys got 22k feedback on eBay you would think they would know how package a record . Oh ya when I got the record and opened it the jacket looked like a pretzel , and the record it was literally in pieces. Never buying from them again.

Edited by B-dosia

Posting this everywhere: DO NOT BUY FROM TWO HEADED DOG.

Purchased the Claudio Simonetti Dawn Of The Dead Deluxe package. Paid $85 plus shipping and waited several months only to have it come destroyed. When I emailed the company I explained the situation they said thats the way they got them and there was nothing they were gonna do. Because the preorder was so deep past 3 months, PayPal could do nothing and they have unprofessionally stopped returning my emails! I have never met such an unprofessional company in my life and shady companies like this have no place in the vinyl community. Please pass this on!

24 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

You waited 6 months for an item without opening a dispute and  want to complain after the fact?

To be fair, sometimes I wait more than 6 months. But there's gotta be SOME communication from the label/store. Honestly, I've never opened a dispute and I've had preorders go 10-12 months. I've never not received a record I ordered. 

Definitely sucks this dude got burned though.

• 3 weeks later...

http://reflexrecordshop.com/

Buying records for over two decades now but never experienced probs like with these guys. 

Hands off! Seriously!

Wrote multiple emails (5 in total over a 2 weeks span) but got no response at all.

Today I wrote them again telling them how disappointed I am....and: Surprise! They answered claiming that they haven't received any email from me. 

Hands off!!!:

4 minutes ago, Karpatenhunde77 said:

Buying records for over two decades now but never experienced probs like with these guys. 

Hands off! Seriously!

Wrote multiple emails (5 in total over a 2 weeks span) but got no response at all.

Today I wrote them again telling them how disappointed I am....and: Surprise! They answered claiming that they haven't received any email from me. 

Hands off!!!:

"Weird. My email must not be receiving messages" is sometimes sort of true, since messages can be missed or misplaced, but I always enjoy how common this response is anytime a client or company ignores your messages. We had a wedding vendor who didn't respond to our calls or emails for long stretches and each time they said "Sorry. Our email is having issues." :P

• 2 weeks later...

Fatwrecks customer service is nasty and fucking rude!! They fucked up, sent me the black LOC when I paid for the colored and they email me back saying the mail order rep is away on tour she'll assist me when she returns. So I forward the email with the colored variant and say please read and you'll see it's for the colored and they respond " NAH, I'm good on the reading, she'll help you when she gets back "   SMH.... Would take 2 seconds to read and instantly resolve the issue, but instead send a rude comment back to me.  

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone been having problems with Bullmoose’s customer service lately?

They’ve always been great with cancelling an order (AND THEY STILL ARE).  I just click on the “need help” button next to my order and say “cancel please” and usually within the day it’s cancelled.  

But there’s been 2 different times in the past couple weeks where I’ve asked them about 2 different orders.  Each one was a preorder and then a week or 2 after the release date, I still haven’t gotten anything from them and on the product page it may say “out of stock, will ship soon” or something along the lines of that.  So I ask them if I’ll still be getting what I ordered or when I can expect it.  Pretty much just asking if my order is okay cause if not then i need to get it from somewhere else.  Something simple like that.

But I NEVER hear back from them.  And since they don’t respond, I just cancel the order (since they’re still good about that) and go somewhere else.

Love Bullmoose, always have.  And this doesn’t mean I’m not going to order from them ever again.  If anything, this is just going to make me a skeptical about preordering from them anymore.

On 12/19/2018 at 8:07 AM, FiggyPud said:

Has anyone been having problems with Bullmoose’s customer service lately?

They’ve always been great with cancelling an order (AND THEY STILL ARE).  I just click on the “need help” button next to my order and say “cancel please” and usually within the day it’s cancelled.  

But there’s been 2 different times in the past couple weeks where I’ve asked them about 2 different orders.  Each one was a preorder and then a week or 2 after the release date, I still haven’t gotten anything from them and on the product page it may say “out of stock, will ship soon” or something along the lines of that.  So I ask them if I’ll still be getting what I ordered or when I can expect it.  Pretty much just asking if my order is okay cause if not then i need to get it from somewhere else.  Something simple like that.

But I NEVER hear back from them.  And since they don’t respond, I just cancel the order (since they’re still good about that) and go somewhere else.

Love Bullmoose, always have.  And this doesn’t mean I’m not going to order from them ever again.  If anything, this is just going to make me a skeptical about preordering from them anymore.

I'm sorry you aren't hearing back from us. I sent a screen shot to the guy who oversees customer service and he was pretty concerned about this. The best way to ask questions is to email [email protected] but that ask a question button should work just fine. If you want to DM us an order number or your real name, we can look into what happened. You deserve an explanation if you want one. It also will help us make sure we don't miss or not respond to other people. We don't want to be the company that doesn't get back to people. Thanks

42 minutes ago, Bull Moose said:

I'm sorry you aren't hearing back from us. I sent a screen shot to the guy who oversees customer service and he was pretty concerned about this. The best way to ask questions is to email [email protected] but that ask a question button should work just fine. If you want to DM us an order number or your real name, we can look into what happened. You deserve an explanation if you want one. It also will help us make sure we don't miss or not respond to other people. We don't want to be the company that doesn't get back to people. Thanks

Bullmoose, always a class act!

52 minutes ago, Bull Moose said:

Thanks so much.  Really appreciate it.  Usually it wouldn’t be that big of a deal, but both recent orders have been somewhat “limited” to some extent.  So if I see it start selling out other places and I haven’t gotten my order from you guys yet, it makes me a little frantic to hurry up and order it from somewhere else.

I was able to get those 2 recent orders from somewhere else so no harm done.  Just sucks when I can’t give you guys my business cause I really do love you guys.

Definitely gonna make a note of that email for future reference though.  Thanks again.

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?