Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

7 hours ago, IndigoHollow said:

Several days ago I bought one LP from SRC and after submitting payment got 404 page and no confirmation email. No money, no order number, no response from support.

SRC just replied and refunded me for the missing record. Maybe they are just now getting around to support issues.

• 3 weeks later...

Currently I am rather unhappy with Evil Greed. Had a few bad experiences with them now, first I got a warped record from them which I wasn't too annoyed with when they said they couldn't do anything.

Gave them another go, and ordered the END record that came out last year (pre-ordered their exclusive version). Unfortunately got caught up in COVID shipping so couldn't be sent for over six months. Because of this I asked them if I could combine with another pre-order (Svalbard Evil Greed exclusive version) Said it would be fine, and because of continued restrictions I did this again with the new Portrayal of Guilt (Evil Greed exclusive version).

Get to around shipping time finally (been happy to wait as I thought would get my records!), and they didn't even bother to hold the records I had ordered and paid for for me, so I'm getting told about a year and over six months from paying they don't have them. Feelsbad

• 1 month later...

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE: Transmission Records UK

Bought a record from them and it arrived in a mailer that had been bent in half.  Not their fault, but completely ruined. 

Feb 8th - Emailed about the damage

Feb 9th - They replied they needed a photo which I immediately sent.

Feb 19th - They responded asking if I signed for it(?) which I didn't as no signature was needed.

Feb 23rd - I asked for an update on my refund or replacement, they instantly replied they are waiting to hear back from their shipper.

Feb 26th - I opened a paypal claim as it had been 2 weeks with no resolution.  They immedietely accepted the claim and demanded I mail it back to the UK for a refund.  (Yes they wanted the destroyed record back)

Mar 1st - They emailed saying not to mail it back as they were still trying to get the refund 

Mar 8th, 11th, 14th - I've asked for updates and got no response

So I will be following up with paypal later today, I don't really want to pay $20 to ship an item to the UK that is useless, but if thats what it takes Ill do it.  No reason a label can't either replace or refund a damaged shipment within a month.

Have only ever bought one other record from them, but preordered the new Casket Lottery from Wiretap Records on 9/8. There were a bunch of delays and I wound up finally getting my copy a few weeks ago. The record was put loose in a mailer with no cardboard inserts or bubble wrap, you could literally feel the record sliding around inside the package. The record did indeed have a nice 6+inch crease and a seam split. 

I’ve emailed the label twice politely asking them if they had any spare jackets and they’ve ignored both emails.  

I was really annoyed that an actual label mailed a record so poorly, but was really moreso that they can’t be bothered to even respond to an email. Will never order from them again. 

Edited by aopps42

Just a follow up on Transmission Records UK.  Shortly after posting this yesterday I received an email from a different person in the company and they offered to send out replacement record, but they didn't have what I ordered in stock anymore.  Once I let them know I was not interested in the other version they sent over a full refund.  So took more steps than I wanted, but it appears once things were made public they fixed the problem.

2 hours ago, stl_ben said:

Just a follow up on Transmission Records UK.  Shortly after posting this yesterday I received an email from a different person in the company and they offered to send out replacement record, but they didn't have what I ordered in stock anymore.  Once I let them know I was not interested in the other version they sent over a full refund.  So took more steps than I wanted, but it appears once things were made public they fixed the problem.

As much as I'd like this thread to work, that was just a nice coincidence.

another one for FATBEATS. 

STAY AWAY  from them. I've purchased from them over the years with little issue.  Pre ordered the ILL BILL glow in the dark last year and saw them post pics of the vinyl in hand last month, never got my copy. They don't respond to emails at all. Tracking just has the old 'USPS is waiting for the item'.  Was dumb enough to make another order for in stock items a month ago and same thing. No shipping, no response. Will have to go through CC now. AVOID. 

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Rip said:

OOF

Edit: apparently the CFO of Bull Moose is one of the two creators of Record Store Day. 

Edited by prowl20

So, not off to a good start with experiencevinyl.com. I ordered a colored variant of a record and they sent me black and when I emailed them about the issue they told me to call them (thought that was kind of odd). When I called customer service I was told the colored variant of the record I ordered doesn't exist (it does, lots of other sellers have them available) and that "black vinyl sounds better anyway" 😒. At any rate, I told them I don't mind keeping the black vinyl but I paid more for the variant so just refund me the difference and we'll call it good. Odd experience but it is experiencevinyl.com so maybe that's part of the deal lol

I bought one copy each of the TDWP Zombie EP and Dead Throne represses off of Dead Serious, and instead was sent two Zombie EP (including the most-limited red variant, which I was not able to buy). I emailed them and they were very quick to send out the Dead Throne and also let me keep the extra Zombie record. Great service from these guys. Would definitely buy again. The shipping cost from Germany is also very reasonable.... Cheaper than some stateside vendors.

• 3 weeks later...

Currently having an expensive issue with Dirty Hit in the UK, can anyone anecdote or vouch for them? 

Ordered 7 records and they came in a box with nothing inside, they bounced around from the UK to the states and every single one is damaged. 2 are the incorrect variant. Got a canned response requesting pictures which I provided many but no response pertaining to any action. 

Dirty Hit are inconsistent. I had ordered the Beabadoobe LP & were supposed to come with the signed art card (after they pulled a switch from the advertised actual jackets) but just the records arrived. I messaged them multiple times with no response. Took me blasting them on socials for them to respond. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2021 at 8:07 PM, jhulud said:

Dirty Hit are inconsistent. I had ordered the Beabadoobe LP & were supposed to come with the signed art card (after they pulled a switch from the advertised actual jackets) but just the records arrived. I messaged them multiple times with no response. Took me blasting them on socials for them to respond. 

Coming back in to say after waiting a while they simply refunded the whole order. I got 7 lightly battered Japanese House records for free, so I’d say that’s good customer service in the end.

I’m really just honestly baffled how record labels still don’t seem to know how to ship LP’s. It’s kind of their business. How does any label haphazardly throw records in a box and be like ‘yep looks good’ and send it off overseas. A lot of frustration could be saved with some bubble wrap and a 10 minute YouTube video. 

oh well. Positive for Dirty Hit making it right.

Run For Cover's CS fuckin' stinks. I placed in order in late May during whatever sale they were running at the time, they purchased a shipping label for my order but never dispatched it. When I reached out to their CS they told me I have to wait at least 45 days before they will even look into the fucking issue, still got 6 more days to go lol

UPDATE: so I ended up opening a PayPal dispute cause I don't even want the damn record at this point, now they're actually offering to help but only if I close the dispute first 😂

600px-No,_I_don't_think_I_will.jpg

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?