Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

Fuck yes - I can't get that dude to respond - I ordered back in SEPTEMBER!!!!!!

I emailed the other dude i think it was [email protected] and told him that I contact paypal and since it was past the 45 day thing there was nothing paypal could do to get my money back. They said the only thing I could do was contact a few government agencies. I emailed him that, also emailed Dave House, and andrew got a hold of Sean. I got my package a week or two later and received 2 copies of the lp one was clear and the other was like a green marble. I say go that route.

Thanks - will do!

Worst or most hilarious customer service: Tic Tac Totally.

I may be missing some kind of inside joke, but this was TTT's response on Terminal Boredom to someone complaining about his order taking a long time:

"I probably thought I was gonna mail yer shit. Then I didnt for some reason. More like a change of plans than a lie but whatever. I told you last time Daniels shit got returned to me. Plus you act like Im fuckin off this board, not talking to you and shit, all this stuff. Quit bein a drama queen. Everybody knows I get way slow sometimes but I send it out. Sept Ollie who bitches about Jeff Novak making his sleeves fucked up and pitting it off on me like a fag would. Most of you can suck hard crust-punk dicks. I'm doing the right thing believe it or not. Half you KKK niggerz got like triple the records in yer satchel cuz it was late anyways. Quit faggin out over cheese crumbs."

FWIW, I ordered a few records from him and they came fast as shit, so whatever.

Worst or most hilarious customer service: Tic Tac Totally.

I may be missing some kind of inside joke, but this was TTT's response on Terminal Boredom to someone complaining about his order taking a long time:

"I probably thought I was gonna mail yer shit. Then I didnt for some reason. More like a change of plans than a lie but whatever. I told you last time Daniels shit got returned to me. Plus you act like Im fuckin off this board, not talking to you and shit, all this stuff. Quit bein a drama queen. Everybody knows I get way slow sometimes but I send it out. Sept Ollie who bitches about Jeff Novak making his sleeves fucked up and pitting it off on me like a fag would. Most of you can suck hard crust-punk dicks. I'm doing the right thing believe it or not. Half you KKK niggerz got like triple the records in yer satchel cuz it was late anyways. Quit faggin out over cheese crumbs."

FWIW, I ordered a few records from him and they came fast as shit, so whatever.

Haha, you should see the kind of stuff Matt wrote growing up. Funny, yet insane. Good times.

Double Or Nothing Records = bad

pre ordered the new Power Trip EP w/ shirt package and the Beartrap EP, emailed them a bunch of time and tried getting PT on their case but the label never replied to them either

They are the only place Ive ordered from and never got my stuff. Had a few labels/distros mess up orders and whatever but eventually I got what I ordered.

I ordered a Set Your Goals print from Double or Nothing and it never came and I emailed countless times and never got a response or anything. I just gave up. Its probably been about 2 years since I ordered that print by now.

- Is Revhq.com still sending out wrong titles to people? They used to do this all the time in the late 90s. I ordered a Good Riddance 7" sometime around then and they sent me a Battery LP - turned out that a different Jordan Baker sent in a mailorder around the same time. Worked out for the best though - that was one of my first forays into the surging youth-crew/straight-edge hardcore scene of that period.

- I've always has great experiences with Bridge Nine and No Idea; and my recent subscription to Razorcake was processed super quick and came with a free CD of the Dear Landlord full-length (whoo!).

the worst ever is troubleman,a bullshiter who if he thinks you will chase not chase up an order he will rip you off,i know 5 people who he ripped off and hes proud of itstill makes me angry thinking of it, everone else rules- esp gravemistake,deathwish,no idea,no breaks,sixfeetunder,vinyljunkie,differentkitchen,react,bridge9,firestarter,sorrystate

i still don't get this logic that a label screwing up and then making good is somehow desirable

what about a business that avoids making simple mistakes?

Because EVERYONE fucks up and makes mistakes. Have you ever had to sit around stuffing 300 records? Sometimes you stuff a green copy one record in an order instead of a blue copy, or put in their first LP instead of the second one. It's just human. When someone makes a mistake on my order I'd like it to be the type of company that is willing to address the situation quickly.

There are plenty of people that refuse to correct their mistakes, and when that happens, it's a headache for all.

Perfect example: BofA forcloses on the wrong house, causes all sorts of shit for the owner, then refuses to take responsibility.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/SmartSpending/blog/page.aspx?post=1628429&_blg=1,1628429

I forgot to mention how consistently awesome Robotic Empire has been as well! I placed a big order with them around the holidays and, in addition to great packaging/ quick shipping, they also cut the shipping price and threw in a free shirt!

awesome! glad you had a good experience, we definitely try to hook it up whenever possible.

I ordered Art Damage picture disc from VC about 2 weeks ago and when I opened the box, I noticed the plastic jacket had this huge tear all over the whole lower right side...as if someone chewed it off or something. I emailed them about it but it wasn't an angry email, just that they should check the rest that they have in stock just in case someone gets pissed about it if they order it and receive a copy like I did. no response.

I ordered Art Damage picture disc from VC about 2 weeks ago and when I opened the box, I noticed the plastic jacket had this huge tear all over the whole lower right side...as if someone chewed it off or something. I emailed them about it but it wasn't an angry email, just that they should check the rest that they have in stock just in case someone gets pissed about it if they order it and receive a copy like I did. no response.

The sides always bust out on those kinds of jackets. Every picture disc I own is like that. There is nothing VC or anyone else can do about it. It will always happen.

The sides always bust out on those kinds of jackets. Every picture disc I own is like that. There is nothing VC or anyone else can do about it. It will always happen.

oh no, I understand they bust open, but this literally has a good chunk torn off. I tried taking a picture but they come out shitty. and not that I'm blaming VC at all, by the way!

• 3 months later...

Bringing this thread back from the dead...

Recent dealings with:

Hydra Head - Once again they stepped up and hooked it up. Perfect packing the order and a few extra goodies

Vacation Vinyl - Yes, their prices are a bit high on certain items but they definitely take care of the customer. Always throw in extra swag. Always well-packed.

I've had the best experiences with Mylene Sheath, Temporary Residence, Robotic Empire, Cavity Records, VinylJunkie, Crucial Blast and The End Records. I've been impressed with Denovali and Music Fear Satan out in Europe. I'm always afraid ordering from Europe but never with these guys. Records always come perfectly!

Luckily I haven't had to deal with bad customer service a lot but whenever I have trouble it's usually from E-bay. But rarely. The worst was being shipped a record that was broken in 3 pieces. But even then the dude was super nice and refunded me.

I was wondering about the Aural Exploits site. I was going to do an order. Half my order is pre order and the other half are in stock now. The site says I will not be charged until my items ship. Payment is through paypal. Does this mean that no payment will be taken now or will half of my order go through? Anyone have any idea?

Well I emailed them before I posted this and they already got back to me. Seems that you can chose to ship in stock items seperately from pre orders. I had them hold my order until the preorders came in. A little nervous based on some negative feedback in this thread but hopefully it all works out.

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?