Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

Well I emailed them before I posted this and they already got back to me. Seems that you can chose to ship in stock items seperately from pre orders. I had them hold my order until the preorders came in. A little nervous based on some negative feedback in this thread but hopefully it all works out.

I've placed quite a few orders with Aural Exploits. Some huge ones with over 10 LP's, some singles. They take a while to ship sometimes, but they arrive in good shape, barring any post office abuse.

I once wrote an email to them to ask if any of their 200 gram copies of the who and jethro tull records would be back in stock, as they were out at the time, but I didn't know if it was only temporary. Their response was "If the website has a "Buy Now" button it means they are in stock (it shows out of stock if they are out of stock)". Thanks, captain obvious.

I order a bunch opf stuff from Fat a few onths back, and it got to me within 4 days...which is awesome because i live in Canada and it usually takes forever to get anything across the boarder.

Had a mix-up with a VC order once, but Nigel fixed the issue the next day...awesome response time!

No Idea is great, and I always get some cool extras in my orders.

Ordered some cheap Face to Face lp's from merch lakey once, super quick shipping.

And, ordered a few things from Volcom Entertainment before. They ship super fase, and they charge me next to nothing for shipping....for 3 7"s they charged me $3...to Canada! Amazing!

I order a bunch opf stuff from Fat a few onths back, and it got to me within 4 days...which is awesome because i live in Canada and it usually takes forever to get anything across the boarder.

Had a mix-up with a VC order once, but Nigel fixed the issue the next day...awesome response time!

No Idea is great, and I always get some cool extras in my orders.

Ordered some cheap Face to Face lp's from merch lakey once, super quick shipping.

And, ordered a few things from Volcom Entertainment before. They ship super fase, and they charge me next to nothing for shipping....for 3 7"s they charged me $3...to Canada! Amazing!

did you join the Volcom 7" club this year?

• 1 month later...

Kings Road has been great, as has Amazon (awesome return/exchange policy). Vinyl Junkie has been my worst, as he stopped responding to e-mails until i filed a claim with AMEX. 2 months on, still no record. MTS still don't know because my replacement record has yet to arrive. EDIT: Same poor sound, same smudge, looks like the same record, or coincidentally similar. Customer service was good though. eBay has been a mixture of best and worst experiences.

seafoam used to be great,i pre ord the stegosaur 7 inch ages ago to,ive emailed him eight times,one reply said ill send it out again...but that was three months ago.hope josh is alright,i know he does graffic design and art for hardcore releases,so hes still in the scene.ill email him again.hes a good guy.

I received two bent/warped LPs from Run For Cover (with terrible packaging; only a single strip of tape that was already coming off) and e-mailed over a week ago with no response yet. I'm fine waiting a bit to receive the replacements, but it'd be cool to just get an email back, especially since the LPs are pretty limited and could easily sell out at any time.

EDIT: got a response and Jeff is shipping out the replacements now. Awesome.

Two awesome labels I haven't seen listed here are Deranged Records out in BC Canada and Ptrash from Germany. They sometimes work off each other and do releases together, never had any sort of problems and the shipping is always quick.

The only bad thing I've ever had happen was the Rat Patrol In the Red fiasco, had to re order everything from Interpunk...

Vinyl Junkie has been my worst, as he stopped responding to e-mails until i filed a claim with AMEX. 2 months on, still no record.

YAY! i made the worst list! i feel privileged.

and dude. you suck. thank god you never picked up the record from the post office (or more likely the carrier is an idiot and never left a slip, that happens quite a bit) and it got returned to me earlier this week.

You live in hawaii, so media mail can take up to 4-6 weeks. i told you that the first couple times you emailed, so i didnt need to keep saying the same thing the next handful of times you emailed.

rather than wait and be patient (or apparently go to the post office to see if something was being held for you), you filed a chargeback on my account 3 weeks after it was shipped, which wouldnt have been enough time anyway according to the usps timeline.

oh well, like i said, at least i got the record back, so it all evens out in the end.

Vinyl Junkie has been my worst, as he stopped responding to e-mails until i filed a claim with AMEX. 2 months on, still no record.

YAY! i made the worst list! i feel privileged.

and dude. you suck. thank god you never picked up the record from the post office (or more likely the carrier is an idiot and never left a slip, that happens quite a bit) and it got returned to me earlier this week.

You live in hawaii, so media mail can take up to 4-6 weeks. i told you that the first couple times you emailed, so i didnt need to keep saying the same thing the next handful of times you emailed.

rather than wait and be patient (or apparently go to the post office to see if something was being held for you), you filed a chargeback on my account 3 weeks after it was shipped, which wouldnt have been enough time anyway according to the usps timeline.

oh well, like i said, at least i got the record back, so it all evens out in the end.

I'm well aware of how long Media Mail takes. I filed the claim 6 weeks after purchase. That means it took you 3 weeks to ship it after i ordered it? Number one, that's fucked up. Number 2, if it took that long to get to me, how the hell did it get back to you so fast? It took 4+ weeks to ship to me, but the return was almost immediate? Bullshit.

"i didnt need to keep saying the same thing the next handful of times you emailed"

More bullshit. You never told me WHEN you shipped it. I understand it takes long to ship. After you responded that you had already shipped it (though NEVER marked it as shipped on your website status), i asked you WHEN you shipped it, and you stopped responding. Two weeks of no response, 6 weeks of no record, i'll file a claim. And a miraculous return to you at Express speed? Please.

Dude, on the front page of his website it says this:

Shipping can take up to a week or two on occasion, other times things get shipped the same day. Generally its done in a week or less, but since its just me (and sometimes my wife helping), if i am out of town, or busy it can get a little backed up, but should never take more than 2 weeks. Please wait at least a couple weeks before emailing to inquire about your package.

You can check the status of your package at any time by logging into your account on the website. If the status is pending it means im waiting for your payment. If the status is processing it means i got the payment but havent shipped the package yet. If it says shipped, it means i have shipped the package. The status is changed as soon as i ship. You will recieve an email from the website each time the status is changed. (meaning you will get email confirmation when the order ships) If you want to know if your order has shipped you can answer your own question in just a few seconds by logging in.

LEARN TO READ. Everyone pretty much knows Titus is a busy but reliable guy, and for you to expect it to ship/recieve immediately is ridiculous.

I'm well aware of how long Media Mail takes. I filed the claim 6 weeks after purchase. That means it took you 3 weeks to ship it after i ordered it? Number one, that's fucked up. Number 2, if it took that long to get to me, how the hell did it get back to you so fast? It took 4+ weeks to ship to me, but the return was almost immediate? Bullshit.

will not argue with you.

it did take almost 2 weeks to ship your record due to my being out of town. if thats what you consider "fucked up" then dont order from me. (and maybe get some perspective on life) i state that on the front page of the website.

i have no idea what the post office does with the packages, so i dont know why it takes the time frame it does. Perhaps the return mail wasnt shipped media? media mail is a one way ticket, so if a media mail package gets returned i have to pay to get it back (which i did have to pay a few bucks on your package). i didnt choose a return method. its been a couple of weeks since the record made it to hawaii, so it wasnt exactly "lighting" return speed. i dont know exactly what day it was returned, so i cant comment on the speed of the return. all i know is the sticker on the box says notice left - returned as unclaimed, and i received it back i think on thursday.

either way, i have the record back, and you have your money back.

i banned you from vinyl junkie because i dont want to ever deal with you again, and you obviously dont want to deal with me again, so sounds like everything is even and all good at this point!

You can check the status of your package at any time by logging into your account on the website. If the status is pending it means im waiting for your payment. If the status is processing it means i got the payment but havent shipped the package yet. If it says shipped, it means i have shipped the package. The status is changed as soon as i ship. You will recieve an email from the website each time the status is changed. (meaning you will get email confirmation when the order ships) If you want to know if your order has shipped you can answer your own question in just a few seconds by logging in.

Hurr durr, after six weeks my package still said it was not shipped through HIS system. I e-mailed him pointing it out, and showing a screen cap, and asking when/if he shipped it. No response. Ask again. No response.

LEARN TO READ. Everyone pretty much knows Titus is a busy but reliable guy, and for you to expect it to ship/recieve immediately is ridiculous.

I don't expect it immediately. But if i'm still waiting after six weeks, and the status shows that it hasn't been shipped, then i at LEAST expect a fucking e-mail response. This is a thread about customer service. This is shit customer service. If ignoring e-mails, multi-week shipping delays, and either incorrect addressing or general "post office did something wrong" issues are good to you, then so be it. But it ain't to me.

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?