silentgods

best/worst customer service from a distro/label?

Lot of people always hating on Merchnow, but they actually helped me out pretty good ,and with fast and clear communication.

I preordered a Bearings bundle back in August and it would ship when the new album was released at the end of October. I Did get a shipping notice, but the package never arrived here in Belgium, (really weird cause in the meantime all other MN packages did arrive). After a few weeks of waiting and emailing they send me a new package 2 weeks ago and it arrived today. So positive vibes to MN

Rise records. 

Ordered the Hot Water Music bundle and a Dave Hause (favorite songwriter in a long time) cassette from their webstore. 

I also bought a couple Dave Hause items from Rise on Ebay around the same time.  I had being trying to win a copy of the Dave Hause- Resolutions Test Press, but they kept going for more than I could afford.  I missed out on it again, and just messaged the seller (who happens to own/run/works for Rise) and asked if they had anymore test presses they were going to put up, as I missed out on the two they had listed ($77 & $100 is what they went for)  I also told him that if he hadn't shipped my Hot Water Music bundle yet, that they could just add these 2 ebay items to my HWM package, to save them on shipping.  I never got a response.

I get the Hot Water Music package today and this is what happened:
1. The record mailers were all wrapped in a plastic shipping bag, which prevented them from getting wet from the snow.
2. They threw in a free LP and 2 7" (Hidden In Plain View & Placebo)
3. Also in the package was a Resolutions TEST PRESS!!!!  I couldn't believe it.  I've bought from them a lot over the years, but never in my wildest dreams did I expect to get this.

So, Rise Records: You are amazing.  I love you. Thank you.

11 minutes ago, skidroje said:

Also in the package was a Resolutions TEST PRESS!!!!  I couldn't believe it.  I've bought from them a lot over the years, but never in my wildest dreams did I expect to get this.

Wow dude, what a score!  That's remarkable, I'm gonna start ordering from Rise more often  :)