Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

Every records that arrived at my house (Jakarta, Indonesia) in between 3 - 4 weeks (after being shipped) from US or Europe its good enough for me..

The Good : ( up to 2 x order)

- Denovali

- Vinyl Junkies

- Shocker Worldwide

- Diseased Records

- Temporary Residence

1 x Order

- Robotic Empire

- Bis Aufs Messer

- Neurot Recording

- Parasitic Records

- Rise Above

- Southern Lord

From Good to Bad : Aurora Borealis --- the status of my order uncertain, no response on my message

BAD :

-Some people at Ebay

vinyljunkie has been great the three or so times I ordered from there. Barsuk Records has some awesome stuff that ships fast (or on time for pre-orders) and has deals sometimes. Like someone mentioned before, Amazon sent me a CD instead of the vinyl. I was pretty pissed but they fixed it really quickly without much effort on my part.

• 1 month later...

ShopRadioCast. Danny and Jenna were quick with their responses and were a huge help. Big plus in my book.

MerchNow. Worst customer service/Merch place I've ever dealt with. After 3 months of no response (I sent VERY polite e-mails) I threatened to file a claim with the BBB and then the next day, a response! Guess it takes that to get a response from those assholes.

I'm well aware of how long Media Mail takes. I filed the claim 6 weeks after purchase. That means it took you 3 weeks to ship it after i ordered it? Number one, that's fucked up. Number 2, if it took that long to get to me, how the hell did it get back to you so fast? It took 4+ weeks to ship to me, but the return was almost immediate? Bullshit.

will not argue with you.

it did take almost 2 weeks to ship your record due to my being out of town. if thats what you consider "fucked up" then dont order from me. (and maybe get some perspective on life) i state that on the front page of the website.

i have no idea what the post office does with the packages, so i dont know why it takes the time frame it does. Perhaps the return mail wasnt shipped media? media mail is a one way ticket, so if a media mail package gets returned i have to pay to get it back (which i did have to pay a few bucks on your package). i didnt choose a return method. its been a couple of weeks since the record made it to hawaii, so it wasnt exactly "lighting" return speed. i dont know exactly what day it was returned, so i cant comment on the speed of the return. all i know is the sticker on the box says notice left - returned as unclaimed, and i received it back i think on thursday.

either way, i have the record back, and you have your money back.

i banned you from vinyl junkie because i dont want to ever deal with you again, and you obviously dont want to deal with me again, so sounds like everything is even and all good at this point!

This is why I order from VJ.

awesome labels to order directly from:

Cavity

Forge Again

Sound Study

Polyvinyl

Skin Graft

Lovepump United

Mylene Sheath

Denovali

Temporary Residence Ltd

Magic Bullet

Deathwish

Coming Home

Vega Vinyl

labels/distro:

No Idea

Robotic Empire

bands:

Murder By Death

--------

shit labels to order directly from:

Photo Finish

I received two bent/warped LPs from Run For Cover (with terrible packaging; only a single strip of tape that was already coming off) and e-mailed over a week ago with no response yet. I'm fine waiting a bit to receive the replacements, but it'd be cool to just get an email back, especially since the LPs are pretty limited and could easily sell out at any time.

EDIT: got a response and Jeff is shipping out the replacements now. Awesome.

Jeff from RFC is a good dude. I ordered a Title Fight 7" about a month ago. They ran out of the color I wanted so he sent me another color and included a free 7" for the trouble. Pretty darn satisfied =)

I haven't been buying vinyl for long but from my experiences so far:

+Deathwish

+Kingsroad

+No Sleep Records

+Run For Cover

+Deathwish

"We cannot make any changes to existing orders. If you want to add items, you will have to place another order. The other option is that we cancel your existing order and you place a new order.

Thanks."

-Deathwish

They basically told me I have to jump through several loops if I want to give them more of my money for more of their goods.

+Deathwish

"We cannot make any changes to existing orders. If you want to add items, you will have to place another order. The other option is that we cancel your existing order and you place a new order.

Thanks."

-Deathwish

They basically told me I have to jump through several loops if I want to give them more of my money for more of their goods.

How to you figure that?? You can place another order very easily. Or..

They are cool enough to even cancel an existing order, so you can add items to it and save on shipping.

I don't think I can fathom another way to be more accomodating. Most places would not cancel an order...just so you can add to it.

Thanks."

-Deathwish

They are cool enough to even cancel an existing order, so you can add items to it and save on shipping.

I don't think I can fathom another way to be more accomodating. Most places would not cancel an order...just so you can add to it.

I could not FATHOM paying another shipping charge. If you consider their reply as excellent customer service then your buying stuff on the internet wrong.

They couldn't even give me a 'if you choose to cancel your order please do this....' hint, but I guess I'm the asshole for even asking them in the first place right?

Lemme double check and see if I'm even posting this in the right thread...

Damn.

I could not FATHOM paying another shipping charge. If you consider their reply as excellent customer service then your buying stuff on the internet wrong.

I have no idea what you are talking about, or are angry about. What is it about Deathwish's reply that you take issue with?

They couldn't even give me a 'if you choose to cancel your order please do this....' hint, but I guess I'm the asshole for even asking them in the first place right?

Damn.

Ok, I see you just edited your post to sound more angry. Sorry dude, I didn't mean to piss you off, I guess I just can't figure out what exactly it is that made you upset with that reply.

I've had awesome experiences with:

Underground Communique

Deathwish (order way to much from)

Rev HQ

Asian Man Records

Probably won't order again from:

King's Road Merch (both of my orders had no cardboard backing and a 7" size piece of bubble wrap in it and they are slow to ship and respond to inquires)

Interpunk (shit's getting too expensive)

Can't remember any other bad or good experiences.

I guess Geoff has nothing to do with VHR. Just got the package. After over 2 months. You pay ~$100 and got this:

http://img843.imageshack.us/i/dsc04734w.jpg/

http://img52.imageshack.us/i/dsc04732r.jpg/

http://img63.imageshack.us/i/dsc04733li.jpg/

Quite shitty? I assure you that it is even worse than it looks like, in fact :|

I just dealt with The Mylene Sheath and goddamnit they were great! Not only did I get my package in time, but they emailed me the day I received it and asked if everything was fine. I've never had anyone follow-up like that. So awesome.

Also, I only had one issue regarding No Idea, but after playing phone tag with, I believe his name was Ryan, he was able to send me a record and additional records for no extra charge. It worked out awesomely and I've appreciated it.

I guess Geoff has nothing to do with VHR. Just got the package. After over 2 months. You pay ~$100 and got this:

http://img843.imageshack.us/i/dsc04734w.jpg/

http://img52.imageshack.us/i/dsc04732r.jpg/

http://img63.imageshack.us/i/dsc04733li.jpg/

Quite shitty? I assure you that it is even worse than it looks like, in fact :|

Damages to the outside packaging does happen while in transit...and I know how annoying and infuriating it can be...but how are the records themselves?

Damn.

We do not manually enter in credit card information, nor do we have the ability to do that here at DW. Since we do not have the ability to charge your card at will through our system, we cannot adjust orders on the fly.

With that said, the suggestion of canceling the order, and/or placing another is 100% correct.

Why don't we have a terminal? We do this to insure that your credit card number is 100% safe and secure at all times during your transaction with Deathwish. We don't want the responsibility of handling that information. An encrypted system is the way to go for both the customer as well as the small business. It's a win/win.

It may be "annoying" to have to place an order again, but it's just a minute of your time. It's not the end of the world.

Hope that helps clarify things.

Thanks.

-J.

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?