Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

Ordered loads over the years, from all over the place. But here is the ones I can remember at the minute:

GOOD

To Live a Lie, was stupidly quick getting over to the UK. Nice guy aswell. Ordered again yesterday due to the last time I ordered!

Square of Opposition was always great, not even sure if this label is still going!

Robotic Empire, haven't ordered in years, but Andy bent over backwards to help with anything I asked.

Cowabunga Records. Dude was going through some bad times when I ordered, but the service was great, even threw in a shit load of stuff super cheap.

RSR. Always great, and awesome records.

SuperFI Records. Awesome guy, cheap prices!

No idea again. Great communication and fast shipping!

Bones Brigade Records. Always great!

BAD

Menace To Sobriety. By far the worst label ever I've dealt with. Ripped off numerous times, a total arsehole to deal with, and regularly sent items surface mail(when it existed)when you oayed for airnail.

Agromosh. Bought 1 LP and sent it surface mail, as the normal airmail was expensive. The record turned up warped to fuck, and I got blamed because I got it sent surface mail from the guy. Might have helped if it was packed totally shite. Like when I ordered from ROBOTIC EMPIRE, using surface.

Relapse. So slow, used once, never again.

INDIFFERENT

Vinyl Junkie. Ordered a bunch of records in july, still not turned up. Luckily got my money refunded with paypal. Would like to order again, but unsure! Shame as its a killer distro.

Six Week. Only due to placing my first order direct the other day. But I know jeff will sort me out well :D

Vinyl Junkie. Ordered a bunch of records in july, still not turned up. Luckily got my money refunded with paypal. Would like to order again, but unsure! Shame as its a killer distro

who are you? did you try to contact me about the missing package to see if i could track it down or whatever? Sorry the records never got to you. At least i refunded your money so yay for me there i guess.

Vinyl Junkie. Ordered a bunch of records in july, still not turned up. Luckily got my money refunded with paypal. Would like to order again, but unsure! Shame as its a killer distro

who are you? did you try to contact me about the missing package to see if i could track it down or whatever? Sorry the records never got to you. At least i refunded your money so yay for me there i guess.

My names Stu, from the UK. I did email asking if the records were sent after a month and no sign of the package. You told me to look at my account for the sent date, which I did, that's why I mailed. Then only got a response after my paypal claim went in, haha. I have noticed that the records are still in your shop and really want them! Haha.

My names Stu, from the UK. I did email asking if the records were sent after a month and no sign of the package. You told me to look at my account for the sent date, which I did, that's why I mailed. Then only got a response after my paypal claim went in, haha. I have noticed that the records are still in your shop and really want them! Haha.

hmm thats weird. To be honest, i dont remember what particular order that was for or whatever.

Well i dunno. I guess if you got your money back then it should be all good and you can try again. The records in the store im sure arent "still" in the store, i just have multiple copies of most of the stuff i sell, used and new. If i have the records you want give it another shot. Worst that could happen is the package gets lost again and you get your money back! ;) haha. (i know not really funny, but trying to make a joke)

hmm thats weird. To be honest, i dont remember what particular order that was for or whatever.

Well i dunno. I guess if you got your money back then it should be all good and you can try again. The records in the store im sure arent "still" in the store, i just have multiple copies of most of the stuff i sell, used and new. If i have the records you want give it another shot. Worst that could happen is the package gets lost again and you get your money back! ;) haha. (i know not really funny, but trying to make a joke)

Ah, I didn't mean "still" in the store as in, you never sent them, just there still there so are tempting me to buy them again!!! Haha. If your cool with me ordering again, then I will. Felt like a right dick putting in the paypal claim, as I know the post office sucks, but having never dealt with you before I was just covering my back! If it gets lost again, ill be straight on to paypal! Hahah.

I placed my first order with VC about 2 weeks ago. I got an order confirmation, and payment was taken. I haven't seen any emails regarding shipping though. Is this normal? Does it usually take this long? I've emailed them twice about the status of the order, but have not heard anything back. Is this normal? I'm not trying to rush them or anything. I just don't like being kept in the dark. Is there a best way to get in contact with them? I tried both email address that I found on the website.

From what I can gather VC seems to be pretty awesome with communication & customer service. Not sure what is going on in this case. I've placed another order almost a week later and I've gotten shipping confirmations and tracking info for that one already. I wish someone from VC would get back to me.

Vinyl Junkie = great, good communication and great dude

Shopradiocast = good, Although seems they ship pre-orders after everyone already has theirs from other vendors

No Idea = good, gets old with a credit slip with every order but still awesome selection

Jailhouse Records = Awesome. Dave forgot to put a late addition record into my order and when he sent it out he added a test pressing. that is great service in my opinion.

Raise your Fist Records = blah, slow as hell but I did get it...

Stumparumper records = awesome. great deals, good shipping and a great guy

Fat Wreck Chords = good. pretty much always get what is ordered. had a couple of issues but were cleared up relatively quickly.

Dirt Cult Records = great. fast shipping and good packaging.

Modern Radio Records = awesome. fast shipping. usually tosses in some freebies with your order

Learning Curve Records = fast shipping on orders, pretty bad communication

I'm glad to have experienced good run ins with just about every distro I've done business with except for MerchNow.

SO many problems when I ordered from them on separate occasions. I actually have a few friends who used to work there, and even they would tell you the place is horribly run.

This has nothing to do with this thread but it was the most recently updated, so hear me out. I don't know much about this band so I'm looking for some info on a record I picked up the other day from a thrift store. I got an original LP of Crass' "Christ - The Album" in VG+ condition. Not knowing much about this band I assumed it was 4 vinyl collection of some sort, so I bought it for 1$ and went home happy. This morning I searched for the album on wikipedia and it said it was just a double vinyl, so I looked in the sleeves and it also had a copy of the double vinyl "Stations of the Crass" packed in with the other double album. They are both legit original copies with a Mint condition booklet in the box. Any ideas on the value of these records in the condition that they're in. I can sen pics if necessary.

This has nothing to do with this thread but it was the most recently updated, so hear me out. I don't know much about this band so I'm looking for some info on a record I picked up the other day from a thrift store. I got an original LP of Crass' "Christ - The Album" in VG+ condition. Not knowing much about this band I assumed it was 4 vinyl collection of some sort, so I bought it for 1$ and went home happy. This morning I searched for the album on wikipedia and it said it was just a double vinyl, so I looked in the sleeves and it also had a copy of the double vinyl "Stations of the Crass" packed in with the other double album. They are both legit original copies with a Mint condition booklet in the box. Any ideas on the value of these records in the condition that they're in. I can sen pics if necessary.

I would say about $5-6ppd. I will take them off your hands if you would like.

popsike.com

collectorsfrenzy.com

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?