Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

• 3 weeks later...

Polyvinyl, for sure is the best! They always send stickers, posters, promo cds and airheads with their orders, and i often get a lot of their pre-orders before release date. My only qualm is that they don't use flats or bubble wrap when they send LPs, but in all the orders I've placed with them I've only had one problem with insufficient packaging and they fixed it immediately.

Interpunk has been great. Shop Radiocast has been alright, I appreciate that when their shipment was damaged they said they wouldn't send anything even with bent corners to make sure I get a perfect copy, but it was only after 3 weeks and I inquired on the status that I was told that's why I didn't have it yet. Still don't, but I'm fine with waiting a bit. Paper + Plastick has been good too. MTS has been quick. I emailed 2 different addresses at Academy Fight Song about an order I placed December 21st and haven't got a response, or my order...nothing I can do but wait I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Karmic Swamp sent out this email on 11/14/2010:

has been held here for an extra couple of weeks due to printing problems with one of the inserts, an exceptionally graphic Anal Cunt / Hate flier. so maybe this is really just some of their bad karma trickling down on all of us?

anyway the inserts are done now, and the HATE records should be out and in your hands very soon!

thanks for the patience!

josh // KARMIC SWAMP

Then on Dec 5th 2010:

hey greg, your package should arrive (media mail) sometime in the next two weeks. be sure and let me know when it gets there!

josh

On Dec 23rd 2010:

greg, no youre not alone, when i got covers in the mail, i only got enough to fill maybe half the orders, so lots of orders that include the hate record are waiting on those still. sorry for the inconvenience, i just wanted you to know where your records were, and that you will be getting them soon!

josh

and most recently on Jan 30th 2011:

hey guys i FINALLY got covers this week, records going out next week!

josh

Feb 15th 2011 and still no records. These emails contradict themselves over and over again; Josh states that he has the covers/records, then the covers are delayed, the he says they are IN THE MAIL, then half the orders went out, then he sends an email saying that he just got the covers in. I wouldn't recommend ordering from Karmic Swamp.

Shop Radio Cast have been pretty awful in my experiences. I'm seriously thinking about never using them again!

My very first order - They sent me the wrong version of the LP I'd ordered. Fair enough they told me to keep it and they'd send the correct one with my existing pre-order package.......NOT TOO BAD, IT CAN HAPPEN QUITE EASILY

My 2nd order - I pre-ordered the City & Colour LPs and gradually added more to the order as the weeks and months passed while the record release was delayed.

I then get an email to say that 2 items were out of stock, which should have been checked before they added them to my order, but I was ok about it. I then changed these for 3 others, 1 was outta stock, so I changed that. At which point, I was asked to pay the extra and it would ship the next day.

Next day, no shipping confirmation, so I email them the day after that, to be told that they were packing it as they were emailing me and it would be sent that day.....NO SHIPPING CONFIRMATION! It's now 2 days later and still no confirmation.

I believe SRC received the City & Colour LPs on the 8th, as I got an email on 7th saying they would be arriving the next day......NINE days to ship something is ludicrous(and it's still not been shipped). I'm in the UK and airmail should take 6-10 days - If they'd pulled their fingers out, my package could've been here by now.

I've been lied to, had out of stock items added to my order because they didn't check before charging me, waited 9days and still no shipping confirmation. They've botched up BOTH orders I've ever placed with them (this second one totalling almost $280 USD)

VERY disappointed with their service!

I ordered from SRC and was excited all the stickers and flyers I received. It took around 2 months to get my package, but that is only because I had an item in there that I had pre-ordered.

I was kinda bummed when it arrived beat up and the top right corner of all 6 or so records was bent. Not there fault and not a big deal to me. I did not even email them cause it is what it is but from everything I have read they seem awesome. I've ordered from them again since and will do so in the future.

I'm in the middle of having an issue with Silver Sprocket. Ordered a shirt on February 5th. On the site it states that it's run out of a basement, so I wasn't expecting it to ship the next day or anything. The site says shipments are made once or twice a week and DC numbers are e-mailed when the item ships. I was totally down for that. Haven't heard a word. E-mailed them on Tuesday and again yesterday. No reply. I'm moving in nine days so it's becoming an issue. I'll be opening a paypal dispute if I don't hear back from them by this afternoon.

Recently (last 4 or 5 months) awesome:

Vinyl Junkie Distro (as always!)

Protagonist

PurePainSugar

Adagio830

Deathwish

Magic Bullet

Bridge 9

Run For Cover

Clean Plate

Count Your Lucky Stars

Bakery Outlet

Mylene Sheath

Top Shelf Records

Ape Must Not Kill Ape

Robotic Empire

Graveface

Rok Lok

Polyvinyl

Init

Denovali

Moment Of Collapse

I probably forgot some...

• 2 weeks later...

Best:

Deathwish

Think Fast!

State Of Mind

Panic

Fat Wreck

Animal Style

Shopradiocast

Good:

MTS/AFS

Underground Communique

Lifeline

Dead Broke

Paper+Plastik

Triple B

Black Numbers

Six Feet Under

Not great but not terrible:

Epitaph

Bridge 9

Run For Cover

Hellcat

RevHQ

Interpunk

These are pretty mainly based on customer service(ie. response time, fixing order problems, being helpful/polite, etc.)also taken into account is packaging, prices, shipping time and pre-order time. I've never had bad experience with any label or distro in the sense that i've never ordered something and not gotten it eventually. These are also based off the last year or two.

My worst experience was with bridge 9 they are a bunch of con artsits.

Have to admit, that I am not overly happy with the b9 crowd. Once had problems with a download code, never got a response.

They messed up my mystery bundle order as well(I ended up with 2 Have Heart 7"s instead of one of Verse and HH each), and I emailed them repeatedly, without getting any response... :-/

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?