Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

And i'll add an awesome distro.

Different kitchen, It's based in theUK, and run by a VC member Salaho. He rules, and the disto is fantastic. Everything is always packed PERFECT. And for my taste in music is great too. I have no qualms blind ordering a record from there, because it seems Mr Salaho has very similar taste to what I do.The prices are tops, everything ships out super quick, and very reasonable overseas shipping rates too.

It's really nice to just blindly order things without hearing them at all(though they do link to samples for most, if not all bands) and know that at worst i'll kinda like it.

Everyone should have a look. And they get a couple of exclusive colours everyso often too.

SEE i'mnot a negative cunt all the time :)

If you have an employee doing a shitty job. You either make them an ex-employee or acknowledge that their shittness reflects very poorly on your company, and are fine with that.

It's also not the customers job, to email YOUR employees telling them they suck. Your the boss, deal with it.

The customer said he does not believe the distro (not my employee) keeps forgetting to add the missing item to our weekly orders. So i said your welcome to email them. The will back up my case. Sorry if that was not clear enough.

The customer said he does not believe the distro (not my employee) keeps forgetting to add the missing item to our weekly orders. So i said your welcome to email them. The will back up my case. Sorry if that was not clear enough.

Just want to clarify that I never said that I didn't believe what I was being told.

Where did I say 'I don't believe the distro keeps forgetting to add the item I ordered' ?

A few posts ago I did say "I just want to know that its on it way...which they have still yet to prove."

That statement was in regards to my first email, sent 2 weeks after placing my order in which the response I got (on a Thursday) was that it would go out Friday or the following week. So 2 weeks later, when I posted in this thread I still hadn't seen any update to the shipping information of my order. 

Reading it again it is a bit of convoluted statement so its definitely my fault if that came across as accusing SRC of lying to me. My bad.

All I meant is that I wanted to be able to pull up the tracking info and see that it is in transit. That is all. 

My apologies if I insinuated that I felt I was being lied to.

The truthfulness of the email was never in question. 

But by saying that I'm "welcome to email the person" who keeps forgetting my item, but not actually including an email address to contact them makes the remark come off as sarcasm or at the very least, poor customer service. That's what this thread is for, discussing positive and negative customer service experiences. 

I'm not trying to complain. I understand the complications involved with e-Commerce and SCM. I work for an e-commerce company so I know that despite having all the best intentions, sometimes things do not go as expected. I appreciate the credit to my account and the time spent to respond to my inquiry, so thank you. 

^  Don't back down just because Big Brother is in here replying to you and getting kinda pissy!  If you're not happy, you're not happy.  You're entitled to an opinion.

Secondly, if you work in e-commerce, don't sell things to others that you don't currently have in possession.  If i won something on ebay and the seller couldn't produce it in an established amount of time because their "source" didn't deliver, I'd still file a claim and get my money back.  

This is, in fact, the worst part of SRC.  If they stopped selling items that they didn't have on-hand people would stop bitching.  Pretty simple solution.

^ Don't back down just because Big Brother is in here replying to you and getting kinda pissy! If you're not happy, you're not happy. You're entitled to an opinion.

Secondly, if you work in e-commerce, don't sell things to others that you don't currently have in possession. If i won something on ebay and the seller couldn't produce it in an established amount of time because their "source" didn't deliver, I'd still file a claim and get my money back.

This is, in fact, the worst part of SRC. If they stopped selling items that they didn't have on-hand people would stop bitching. Pretty simple solution.

Bingo.

http://i.imgur.com/yJSpnCx.jpg

Ordered a record from Discos Huelga nearly 4 WEEKS ago with no response from their support. Ridiculous...

I currently have a paypal dispute open. Can almost guarantee they won't even respond to it.

isn't Loma Prieta in Europe? I think they have been for a while... that's probably the reason you haven't gotten anything

Been messaging back and forth with Danny from SRC the last few days. He explained the mishap in a little more detail and offered to refund me for my order and still ship it when it arrives from their distributor. I told him that a refund wasn't necessary but that I did appreciate it a ton....Just talking with him a little more gave me a better idea of the situation which was all I really wanted in the first place so to get that as well as a refund and still receive my order is pretty cool. 

Thanks Danny!

I already knew Merge Records rules, but now I know their customer service is awesome too.

Picked up a deluxe copy of Superchunk "I Hate Music" at Amoeba and it had weird little divots all over the LP. I emailed them, they got right back to me and said to ship it back, so I did. Today, I get an email from the same customer service rep saying they received my copy and I should have the replacement soon. Well, the replacement came in the mail today, which means they shipped it out before they even got mine! They also threw in a poster, button, stickers and a sampler CD. So yeah, Merge is cool.

I can't read through 50 pages so I'm sorry if it's reiterating, but pre-orders have been the new headache. I pre-ordered Bibio's record from this year and it just never came, I believe that was from Bleep. I pre-ordered Candy Claws' LP from this year, order was placed in August and it was supposed to ship out in September - never came. I pre-ordered Son Lux's new thing and 1994!'s iPhone record and I'm just praying. If these don't work I'm probably off of pre-orders forever. Pre-order now says to me 'Hey, it might happen and it might not.'

EDIT: Forgot to say that the Candy Claws was from Two Syllables Records, and it was actually supposed to ship in August, not September.

I can't read through 50 pages so I'm sorry if it's reiterating, but pre-orders have been the new headache. I pre-ordered Bibio's record from this year and it just never came, I believe that was from Bleep. I pre-ordered Candy Claws' LP from this year, order was placed in August and it was supposed to ship out in September - never came. I pre-ordered Son Lux's new thing and 1994!'s iPhone record and I'm just praying. If these don't work I'm probably off of pre-orders forever. Pre-order now says to me 'Hey, it might happen and it might not.'

EDIT: Forgot to say that the Candy Claws was from Two Syllables Records, and it was actually supposed to ship in August, not September.

That sucks, I haven't heard of any of those bands or labels but it seems like preordering from them is definitely out of the question. I preorder records regularly and have never had anything flat out not show up.

If you haven't already been doing so, pester the labels through email, on Facebook, on tumblr and twitter. Tag the bands in any posts you make. If they are going to rip you off at least make sure people know about it, you may even wind up getting your orders or at least a refund.

That sucks, I haven't heard of any of those bands or labels but it seems like preordering from them is definitely out of the question. I preorder records regularly and have never had anything flat out not show up.

If you haven't already been doing so, pester the labels through email, on Facebook, on tumblr and twitter. Tag the bands in any posts you make. If they are going to rip you off at least make sure people know about it, you may even wind up getting your orders or at least a refund.

I pestered Bleep when my record just didn't show and they said there was some mistake with the order, I didn't get any details but they offered me another item off the site of equal value or a refund, which I did take and was provided to me. That was all fine, it's just the idea that people can take the customer's money and just not send anything and unless the customer speaks up and gets a response, you just threw your money in a hole. In the case of Candy Claws, I emailed them and Two Syllables said there had been 'considerable setbacks regarding production' and they're repressing it, and just just be patient - but again, no details at all about when it can be expected to arrive, or what exactly happened to make it two months late, and now I've probably got to pester them again if I don't get it within another month or so.

I don't think any of this stuff is malicious, it just seems sloppy, It seems like regular customers can easily just get lost in the shuffle.

I pestered Bleep when my record just didn't show and they said there was some mistake with the order, I didn't get any details but they offered me another item off the site of equal value or a refund, which I did take and was provided to me. That was all fine, it's just the idea that people can take the customer's money and just not send anything and unless the customer speaks up and gets a response, you just threw your money in a hole. In the case of Candy Claws, I emailed them and Two Syllables said there had been 'considerable setbacks regarding production' and they're repressing it, and just just be patient - but again, no details at all about when it can be expected to arrive, or what exactly happened to make it two months late, and now I've probably got to pester them again if I don't get it within another month or so.

I don't think any of this stuff is malicious, it just seems sloppy, It seems like regular customers can easily just get lost in the shuffle.

Yea neither of those things are nearly as bad as you made it seem initially. Irritating but at least you haven't flat out lost any money yet.

http://i.imgur.com/yJSpnCx.jpg

Ordered a record from Discos Huelga nearly 4 WEEKS ago with no response from their support. Ridiculous...

I currently have a paypal dispute open. Can almost guarantee they won't even respond to it.

Val, who runs Discos is in Loma Prieta, who have been on tour pretty heavily the past couple months. 

Just throwing that out there.  

I'd be surprised if you had any issue with that Son Lux preorder, A Joyful Noise is a pretty solid label and I have yet to have any issues with them.  You shouldn't let a couple bad experiences ruin preorders for you completely, I would guess what happened is the exception and not the rule.

Manimalvinyl has been as bad as it gets, so I'm here to start publicly shaming them until I get my record.  I purchased a Beliefs LP back in July from them. Nothing ever came, so on August 30 I emailed them...which they ignored.  So I wrote again on September 3, and this time they wrote back asking for the Paypal receipt.  So I forwarded that to them.  They replied:

"Thank you. Don't know how I missed this one. Will send it out tomorrow. Sorry about that."

So I assume I'll finally get the record.  Yet nothing comes.  So more emails go out September 18, and they reply again:

"it is arriving from our distro house in the mid-west and im sure it just went out last Friday or this Monday. sorry again."

Great.  But it still doesn't come.  I wait patiently, and then on October 2, I email again.  Manimal replies:

"what is your address again? this is very silly, i appologize."

That didn't inspire a lot confidence in me.  But I give them my address again.  They get back to me pretty quickly:

"Your package will be with you shortly and we threw in some extra goodies for you for the trouble."

Extras would be nice, but really I just want the record I paid for to be sent.  I wait patiently.  It does not come.  On October 7 I get an email from Paypal notifying me that I've been refunded, EXCEPT, I didn't use a Paypal account when I paid, I just used a CC and paid as a "guest" or whatever Paypal calls that kind of transaction.  So two minutes later the refund is cancelled.  And still no LP was ever delivered.  So on October 15, I emailed them a final time instructing them to send the record and provide me with a tracking number so I can verify it has been sent.  They ignored my email.   So now it's come to this:  hopefully they'll respond.  Everyone be wary of these guys.

Update:  Manimal shipped a package yesterday and sent me a tracking number.  Progress!

Update 2:  Received the package today, and they threw in an LP.  They made it right with me at last.

I haven't really had too many problems with mailorder. But I did order the A Loss For Words/Such Gold split from SRC. It arrived incredibly warped and unplayable. After emailing SRC with pictures of the warp they refunded me my money and now I own a terribly warped record. Thanks SRC!

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?