Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

Ordered the clear variant of TDAG from SRC and it came with every seam split and both records containing horrible, audio-altering scratches. I emailed SRC about two weeks ago telling them that I knew they were selling copies for $70 on Amazon and so I know that they have more clear copies and that I wanted a new copy. They offered me a refund and when I told them that I just wanted a new copy, they had me send photos, reassuring me that if I cleaned my records they will sound "perfect." After showing this dude the photos, he told me I needed to send it in so they could make sure that there is damage. They received my record last week on Monday, and the guy told me that he needed to wait until the weekend so that he could bring it home and listen to it on his own personal record player to verify that there was damage. The damage is visible on all sides of the packaging and on each side of the album. It is now Tuesday of this week and after multiple emails to SRC, I still have not received a new record, let alone an email response since last week. This has been the most painful exchange of a record I have ever experienced and SRC can suck a big one.

EDIT: And now he's saying he needs to wait until NEXT week to take this home to listen to it, and if they have any clear copies left, they'll send me one, and if not, just refund me. I've been emailing them since before Thanksgiving when they put clear copies for sale online, why would he not just save me a copy to exchange it?  :huh:

Ordered the clear variant of TDAG from SRC and it came with every seam split and both records containing horrible, audio-altering scratches. I emailed SRC about two weeks ago telling them that I knew they were selling copies for $70 on Amazon and so I know that they have more clear copies and that I wanted a new copy. They offered me a refund and when I told them that I just wanted a new copy, they had me send photos, reassuring me that if I cleaned my records they will sound "perfect." After showing this dude the photos, he told me I needed to send it in so they could make sure that there is damage. They received my record last week on Monday, and the guy told me that he needed to wait until the weekend so that he could bring it home and listen to it on his own personal record player to verify that there was damage. The damage is visible on all sides of the packaging and on each side of the album. It is now Tuesday of this week and after multiple emails to SRC, I still have not received a new record, let alone an email response since last week. This has been the most painful exchange of a record I have ever experienced and SRC can suck a big one.

EDIT: And now he's saying he needs to wait until NEXT week to take this home to listen to it, and if they have any clear copies left, they'll send me one, and if not, just refund me. I've been emailing them since before Thanksgiving when they put clear copies for sale online, why would he not just save me a copy to exchange it? :huh:

Ridiculous. Not sure how anyone can defend SRC and this behavior.

I ordered about 15 things from Robotic Empire during their Black Friday sale.  Some of the best packaging I've seen.  It was sent in one big box, which had four large mailers inside.  The two on the outside were empty for protection.  My LPs were in one and my cassettes were securely tapes inside the other.  I highly recommend them.

And finally, they said I could either get a black or a refund and I'd rather have the record than not at all. This whole thing has been so damn ridiculous. If it wasn't for wanting some of their represses, I'd say fuck SRC and I would never, ever buy from them again.

And finally, they said I could either get a black or a refund and I'd rather have the record than not at all. This whole thing has been so damn ridiculous. If it wasn't for wanting some of their represses, I'd say fuck SRC and I would never, ever buy from them again.

hi chris

Run for cover records is always great to me,and they are my favorite to order from. I also got great service from shopradiocast, I put in my old address by accident, and I sent them an email about it, and with in two day's they had fixed it. Also revelation records sent me a free record too and it was my first time ordering from them.  

Anyone had any issues with Fat?  They are slow to reply to e-mails, if they reply at all.

Typically when it's an email with a genuine question they'll respond in about 3-5 days.

Unfortunately, they get a HEAP of people bombarding them with crap. Like, how many of this or that was pressed. Or sometimes just saying hi.

It is crazy busy time of the year though. So i'd say if you haven't heard back within 7 days, send a follow up. They've always replied to me(in time). Hope it helps

Typically when it's an email with a genuine question they'll respond in about 3-5 days.

Unfortunately, they get a HEAP of people bombarding them with crap. Like, how many of this or that was pressed. Or sometimes just saying hi.

It is crazy busy time of the year though. So i'd say if you haven't heard back within 7 days, send a follow up. They've always replied to me(in time). Hope it helps

All good points.  I appreciate the info.

I really am not a fan of mylene sheath anymore, they never reply to emails. They took my money for a 45 adapter and never delivered it and when i email them i get no reply.

The Mylene Sheath is one of the best of the best. Did you read the description for the adapter?

***PLEASE CONSIDER THIS TO BE AN 'ADD-ON' ITEM ONLY***

Mylene Sheath 45 Adapter

Add on to any order for only $2.99

Please add this item to an order of records so that the cost of shipping adjusts properly. Otherwise you'll pay too much in shipping for this item if you order it all by itself due to the weight settings in the store! Thanks =)

I'm willing to bet they will get back to you at some point.

I see people complaining about bent corners. Do bent corners really constitute worst service? I've received bent corners from some of my favorite labels.

With all that said, Distort Records has some sketchy packaging. I don't know if it was just a one-off thing; but when I got the new Cancer Bats record it was in a manilla envelope with a piece of cardboard to support it. If it wasn't being sent from only a handful of miles away, it probably would have been annihilated by the Canadian postal system.

Following up on my earlier Lauren Records post.

He simply said he was mailing out the 2x Knife Man cassettes in place of the Muhammad Ali LP, and if there was a Muhammad Ali tape around he would throw it in. I replied that I'm okay with that, then I immediately get an email saying my order shipped.

Well about a week later, I do get my order. And I do get a Muhammad Ali cassette as a bonus. But my order is incomplete and missing 4 tapes, including the Knife Man tapes I requested to even get the order out. This is a week before Christmas now. I send yet another email politely saying that my order is incomplete, referencing the order number, and requesting the rest of it, kinda sorta emphasizing that some of these were meant to be gifts. I get an email in two seconds that says, verbatim, 'ok ill send it'. Did not arrive before Christmas, didn't get all my gifts out.

I'm kinda unhappy with them at this point. The guy has been very nice and all, and when the order was actually shipped it came in a timely fashion, But in the end it took 2 months, a lot of emailing and order modification and they still didn't even get my initial order correct. It's a shame.

I think it's annoying how Interpunk sells things that they don't have in stock as having them in stock because they are eventually going to receive some. Seems like every order I make on there, not everything is readily available and the dates keep getting pushed back. The best part is when the status says "Expected Tomorrow," and then I check tomorrow and it says "Expected in 3 days" or a week or "soon." I know that's not completely their fault, but why list stuff as in stock if you don't even know for sure when you're getting them?

That being said, I've never had a negative experience from them and generally the stuff arrives and gets shipped out...

I just checked my order status, one of the records was originally expected on December 20th. Another record in the order was expected then and become available on the 20th. Then it was pushed back to the 27th, and now the 30th. Like what? 

I think it's annoying how Interpunk sells things that they don't have in stock as having them in stock because they are eventually going to receive some. Seems like every order I make on there, not everything is readily available and the dates keep getting pushed back. The best part is when the status says "Expected Tomorrow," and then I check tomorrow and it says "Expected in 3 days" or a week or "soon." I know that's not completely their fault, but why list stuff as in stock if you don't even know for sure when you're getting them?

That being said, I've never had a negative experience from them and generally the stuff arrives and gets shipped out...

I just checked my order status, one of the records was originally expected on December 20th. Another record in the order was expected then and become available on the 20th. Then it was pushed back to the 27th, and now the 30th. Like what? 

I'm having a similar experience with Shop Radio Cast right now.  Its get really old, especially when the store makes it difficult to cancel your order.

I'm having a similar experience with Shop Radio Cast right now.  Its get really old, especially when the store makes it difficult to cancel your order.

Luckily, it's really easy to cancel/add items with Interpunk. I ended up cancelling one item because it went from being "Expected Tomorrow" to "Expected in about a week" to "Expected Soon." Really?

Wouldn't recommend Middle-Man Records at all. Shawn (the owner) attempted to mail me a defective record so I shipped it back for a replacement and when it arrived he blamed the damage on me and wouldn't replace it without charing me for an entirely new copy... essentially making me pay for it twice! I cancelled the order and attempted to order from Driftwood Records but apparently Shawn and Dandy (who runs Driftwood) are friends so Shawn mailed him the defective record to include in my new order from Driftwood as some sort of "joke". I did not find it amusing at all. Either way, I'd avoid both those labels. They don't deserve support or your hard earned money.

Wouldn't recommend Middle-Man Records at all. Shawn (the owner) attempted to mail me a defective record so I shipped it back for a replacement and when it arrived he blamed the damage on me and wouldn't replace it without charing me for an entirely new copy... essentially making me pay for it twice! I cancelled the order and attempted to order from Driftwood Records but apparently Shawn and Dandy (who runs Driftwood) are friends so Shawn mailed him the defective record to include in my new order from Driftwood as some sort of "joke". I did not find it amusing at all. Either way, I'd avoid both those labels. They don't deserve support or your hard earned money.

What was defective about the record?

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?